The title, tell your experiences

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, epic and disabledlife
TraurigerClown

TraurigerClown

Dec 13, 2022
Kind of...!
After they "rescued" me and i had almost 2 weeks cuffed on a bed in a room with like glass walls and almost 24hrs lights on. Well, i gave them a good fight and they had to sedate me, buit anyway, i was in something like a maximum prison inside this psychiatric clinic. For toilet, showering and stuff, everytime there were like 4 People watching me and it all ended after i had no strenght in me after 2 weeks. Then i was like a normal patient inside this hospital, but with no way in getting outside to the park or city or anywhere.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Sargasso

Sargasso

Feb 9, 2023
I was rescued by my long-term boyfriend who convinced me over the phone not to pull the trigger and to come back home because he loved me and I was making a rash decision. I did, and now he hates me for attempting it at all and my life is is a worse place than it was before. I'm stuck with him in this apartment knowing that he's cheating on me emotionally on a daily basis and physically whenever he can. I no longer own the shotgun I was going to do it with at his discretion, so now I'm stuck to using a .357 if I want out and I'm scared of it because of how unreliable the shot could be.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Whited Sepulchre, Praestat_Mori, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 4 others
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
yes
I hate this

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyKitten, Praestat_Mori and Judah
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Spent a weekend in a local police station once because a neighbour phoned the police on me, when I had my first ever proper breakdown. They said I was being loud and violent. I had barely unlocked the door when the police knocked before they came barging in and tried to grab me. I fought back and ended up getting wrestled into the back of a van. I was caught off guard and they were quite heavy handed.

They thought I was just a violent drunk, but in reality I was extremely sleep deprived, had lost the plot and was considering ending my life that night. I tried explaining it to them and it fell completely on deaf ears.

I always remember when it happened because the World Cup final was played on the Sunday and I was asking one of the officers what the score was, only to be ignored.

I eventually got out very early on Monday morning. They knew I wasn't a violent drunk, but there was no admission or apology on their part. They handed my a bunch of leaflets with numbers to call for help for my mental health and sent me on my way.

Absolute scumbags.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Praestat_Mori, lukas19 and 2 others
sheepgirl

sheepgirl

Student
Aug 11, 2018
Oh yes. Twice I've been taken by police to the police station for being suicidal/them retrieving me from attempting. Got there, everything taken from me. Had a police officer watch me change into some kind of padded dress - probably a suicide gown I'm guessing? Then got put in a cell. One time alone and the other time a police officer sat with me. Then the crisis team came to see me and I had to talk to them through a wall..

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
leopard_gec

leopard_gec

Kara Kara Kara no Kara
Dec 26, 2022
Don't many? I've personally never been in that situation but from hearing of other, every person that got stopped ended up treated similarly to a criminal.
When a person commits a crime they get arrested which is basically legalized kidnapping, cops are allowed to asualt them, a lot of their rights are taken away from them, if they go to prison they will be forced to strip naked for inspection.
All of this is justified because it (supposed) lowers crime and thus there's less suffering.

They hold the same logic with suicide prevention. Kidnapping, asualting, going against someone's Bodily autonomy. "because life is always the right option"
But does this really better the world and help prevent suffering???

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, vault, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
NHLTradeRumor

NHLTradeRumor

wow life sucks
Dec 13, 2022
I have been to mental hospitals many times, and every single time it feels like jail for the "mentally ill". In the worst ones, I'd be strip searched, given paper scrubs, and watched 24/7, all at once. Many of them treat you as less than human, sedating you if you don't do what they say. I'm actually in a medical hospital right now for a CTB attempt, but they haven't found placement, and I've been here 5 FUCKING DAYS.

• Hugs
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
bit ranty/venty but 100% YEAH

during my first major attempt at 13/14, I ended up in an adolescent ward and although the ppl were nice, the staff there were pretty crappy. they'd constantly dismiss my issues and roll their eyes at me and act like I was being dramatic whenever I'd experience a literal symptom of mental illness?? the lack of privacy also sucked since nurses would basically just hover around ppl's rooms all the time and would shine flashlights into each room every 10-30mins at night (so basically everyone took sleeping pills). also got thrown in solitary confinement for a couple hours b/c I didn't want to go on this outing (was already embarrassed abt being in a psych ward and didn't want the outside world to see but they didn't care ig)

second major attempt was significantly worse since I skipped school and ran away to another city in a dissociative state (after a series of crappy events I won't get into here) and this all culminated with me basically getting "arrested" and threatened with handcuffs and forced to sit in the back of a police vehicle for a bit. I was put into a co-ed adult ward (was the youngest at 17) with people of all ages. there were no recreational activities whatsoever and it was lowkey scary having to be around adults with more severe issues than myself (and having to listen to ppl getting restrained at all hours of the night). the only therapist I saw during this period dismissed all of my concerns (regarding depression, anxiety, asd, ocd etc) and didn't do much except tell me I wasn't mentally ill enough to be in a ward. social workers were pricks too tbh and weren't supportive at all and acted like I was being dramatic when i got upset over being abandoned by one of my parents. being searched and stripped of literally every possesion also sucked. the whole experience honestly had me trying to revise my initial CTB plan lol (thanks crappy Australian public mental health system)

• Hugs

"uh" - N
Sep 9, 2023
Don't many? I've personally never been in that situation but from hearing of other, every person that got stopped ended up treated similarly to a criminal.
When a person commits a crime they get arrested which is basically legalized kidnapping, cops are allowed to asualt them, a lot of their rights are taken away from them, if they go to prison they will be forced to strip naked for inspection.
All of this is justified because it (supposed) lowers crime and thus there's less suffering.

They hold the same logic with suicide prevention. Kidnapping, asualting, going against someone's Bodily autonomy. "because life is always the right option"
But does this really better the world and help prevent suffering???
HOLY SHIT KIKUO BIO I LOVE YOU (sorry offtopic)

rosenwasser

rosenwasser

per ardua ad astra
Sep 9, 2023
Yep. Got locked up, spent a week in a solitary white room with only an old psychiatrist to keep me company who had no understanding of what I was going through at all and got pumped up with so much meds that I didn't know who I was anymore. But hey, I wasn't dead and that's the only thing that mattered to them.
The "suicide prevention" is fucked up.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and Praestat_Mori
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
More like I created my own prison and then became the criminal. First my family was kind to me and caring. Then later I took advantage of this and decided to not get a job (it was a mixture of fear, anger, and suicidal tendencies and using them as an excuse). I also decided to not go to college. This was the biggest mistake of my life and I ended up getting my family to become incredibly angry at me. Rightfully so.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, azuregem, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and 1 other person
Trakehner

Trakehner

Student
Apr 22, 2023
Yes, twice in fact. I was sent to places that resemble prisons. I left in a worse state than I was going in. Worst of all, medical bills here are essentially robbery even with insurance. I'll ctb before I consider telling anyone how much I want to die since I know there's no help to receive.

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I miss you all. Let me die
I want to die

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and Per Ardua Ad Astra
snowlance

snowlance

Ticking Time Bomb
Sep 8, 2023
HOLY SHIT KIKUO BIO I LOVE YOU (sorry offtopic)
Omfg same, kikuo is so good, hmu or something lol
I was mostly treated like it was my fault. Things weren't working out because I wasn't putting in effort (which was a lie) and i didn't think about my brothers and I would've messed them up, etc.

Uninstall

Uninstall

Jul 30, 2019
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much of a distinction between helping you with your problems and getting you to stop complaining about them; it all gets read the same way.

Reactions: Skathon, Per Ardua Ad Astra and Lostandlooking