H

helloparty

Aug 6, 2020
There is a wiki page about SA but no one really seems to be trying that method . According to the wiki page it seems to be quite an efficient method but not many people seem to be talking about it here. Every discussion/ thread that I have seen is about SN. Is there any reason why SN is preferred over SA ? Just weighing my options.

Is there any one who has tried either of the methods? Are there any tips that you would like to share

Reactions: falloutcarter13
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
As I read its peacefulness is 6/10 and SN is 7/10 and potassium cyanide is 5/10. I chosed SN because there are many reports and cases about that and as I saw that's almost peaceful

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Just a guess, but I think many people probably stay away from azide for several reasons. Its not as easily available as SN, for one. There are hazards to storing and preparing the solution, literally explosive consequences if its done wrong. And my *main* reason...in the likely event you vomit, that vomit is dangerous to family members and/or first responders.

Reactions: SunnyPotato, not-2-b-the-answer, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I assume anyone who tried SA died. It's very lethal.

Reactions: Homecoming, not-2-b-the-answer and GoneGoneGone
J

JB1999

Jun 11, 2020
it sounds messy,..

Sounds like it is essentially an extreme vasodilator. Seconds after ingesting it in the correct concentration, all the blood vessels in your body will dilate, blood pressure will drop and you will become unconscious and subsequently CTB. Just make sure you don't have any metal fillings I guess LMAO

Last edited:
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
wow. haven't heard that one yet. What do you think the best way to go is?

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
It is essentially an extreme vasodilator. Seconds after ingesting it in the correct concentration, all the blood vessels in your body will dilate, blood pressure will drop and you will become unconscious and subsequently CTB. Just make sure you don't have any metal fillings I guess LMAO
What happens to metal fillings?

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Is there any reason why SN is preferred over SA ? Just weighing my options.
Biggest reasons for me:
1. Excruciating pain for up to an hour with SA
2. Potential long-term damage after a failed attempt.

With SN, you either die or they save you and there are no long-term health consequences (unlike the potential with hanging or CO). Combined with the relative ease of access (at least in the US, for now) I think that's why it's a much more popular option.

Reactions: LostAllHope7651
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
The wiki says that contact with metals will create an explosion. So DON'T pour it down the drain either
Thanks
So this method is only for young pilots, or?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Sounds like it is essentially an extreme vasodilator. Seconds after ingesting it in the correct concentration, all the blood vessels in your body will dilate, blood pressure will drop and you will become unconscious and subsequently CTB.

Not sure where you got this info. I researched the method and it was my first choice but I couldn't access it. My research said it can take up to an hour before cardiac arrest, which can be very painful, so it's suggested to take a high dose of liquid diazepam and be asleep before the effects occur. There are also arguments about whether to take diazepam or something else, but the point is to be able to be knocked out before cardiac arrest. If it happened within seconds, one would have to already be unconscious when taking it in order to not feel it.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
One doesn't simply "attempt" SA. There's no cure, and the LD50 dosage is very low. It's toxic to first responders and generally avoided nowadays.

There have been users who've used it here but little research has been done. I have the substance and a general understanding/knowledge of how it works.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, purplesmoothie, Homecoming and 2 others
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
yea it doesn't sound so peaceful. and you can harm others. not my first choice...

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
yea it doesn't sound so peaceful. and you can harm others. not my first choice...
It is peaceful and quick in comparison to cyanide, which cyanide has a good rating with the PPH as well. One has to follow strict protocols similar to SN but there's no backing out or second chance though. I have SA for if I'm ever cornered.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Homecoming and not-2-b-the-answer
J

JB1999

Jun 11, 2020
Not sure where you got this info. I researched the method and it was my first choice but I couldn't access it. My research said it can take up to an hour before cardiac arrest, which can be very painful, so it's suggested to take a high dose of liquid diazepam and be asleep before the effects occur. There are also arguments about whether to take diazepam or something else, but the point is to be able to be knocked out before cardiac arrest. If it happened within seconds, one would have to already be unconscious when taking it in order to not feel it.

I was just quoting the wiki.You are right though, the required time did say minutes to loss of consciousness, not seconds like I though it did, my bad. But azide will produce nitric oxide, which is a vasodilator. If all the blood vessels in your body dilate and your blood pressure drops past a certain point, you will quickly go unconscious (this is what happens when people go into shock after an injury) because there is not enough oxygen rich blood supplying your body. This can and will result in death if not resolved (again, like going into shock).

Also, the amount used will also affect how long you stay conscious after ingesting it right? If you were to only take 2-3 grams like was recommended in the PPH before it was updated it will take much longer to lose consciousness and has the potential for you to feel symptoms like cardiac arrest. That is why the recommended dose was increased to 10-15 grams later, according to the wiki. This larger amount will lower your chances of being conscious when you do go into cardiac arrest from the extreme vasodilation

V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
why is there no mention of N in the wiki?

Reactions: Homecoming and purplesmoothie
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
If you take SA, I doubt you are coming back as from my understanding, there is no antidote. So I do not believe anyone can provide their experience as they would most likely be dead after an attempt.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Homecoming
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
One doesn't simply "attempt" SA. There's no cure, and the LD50 dosage is very low. It's toxic to first responders and generally avoided nowadays.

There have been users who've used it here but little research has been done. I have the substance and a general understanding/knowledge of how it works.
I have both SA and SN. But I'm not sure which substance should I try first? Would you mind to PM me which users who CTB with SA? I have searched but I can't find even just one SA goodbye thread in here?! Thanks @Brick In The Wall
I have SA for if I'm ever cornered.
Me too :devil:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I have both SA and SN. But I'm not sure which substance should I try first? Would you mind to PM me which users who CTB with SA? I have searched but I can't find even just one SA goodbye thread in here?! Thanks @Brick In The Wall
There's very little information on SA in general here. I honestly can't say that I've seen a goodbye thread with SA. But I tend to avoid goodbye threads in general.

I have both as well but I'd still go with SN over SA. I'd only use SA in a extreme situation where I was cornered and would be saved if I used a different method.

H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
I'd only use SA in a extreme situation where I was cornered and would be saved if I used a different method.
Cornered by what? I think fasting is important too for this SA substance, so you can't just swallow it impulsively without any meds and die?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Cornered by what? I think fasting is important too for this SA substance, so you can't just swallow it impulsively without any meds and die?
Cornered by law enforcement, health professionals, or family/friends. You can definitely die from either substance without fasting or additional meds. SA has a higher lethality but even small doses of either one can be fatal.

The SA protocol is very similar to the SN one, but those protocols are designed to make it more peaceful and raise the success rate.