throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Here and here

I tried jumping into the tv show "The Magicians" because it has magic and it fixes all your problems.

No, I have not gone insane. I was just desperate and willing to try anything. I did this a couple of months ago. Now I think this is just a mind trick and nothing real.

Reactions: Tiburcio
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
Read up on Boltzmann brains. The universe might be very weird, but I don't think jumping dimensions and actually noticing that is part of it. Those people on reddit just watched too much Rick & Morty...

Reactions: cyanol, Soon4me and throwaway123
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
It ain't possible. However, I do understand being so desperate that you'll try anything. We all want to be free from the tyrannical grip of reality. I remember soon after I got divorced....I was laying in bed onenight crying uncontrollably and then I started to pray....even though I was, and still am an atheist.

Only the dead are without problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyanol, throwaway123 and couldntthinkofaname
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
I tried jumping into the tv show "The Magicians" because it has magic and it fixes all your problems.

Also, aren't all people in the Magicians dealing with mental issues in spite of having magic? I kinda thought that was the theme of the show, that to cope with your shit you can't rely on some literally magic bullet to make your problems go away, but all you can do is work hard towards being a decent person and even then the universe can still be a bitch to you for no reason...

Reactions: lv-gras and throwaway123
throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Also, aren't all people in the Magicians dealing with mental issues in spite of having magic? I kinda thought that was the theme of the show, that to cope with your shit you can't rely on some literally magic bullet to make your problems go away, but all you can do is work hard towards being a decent person and even then the universe can still be a bitch to you for no reason...
I know but still, magic is cool. Can you imagine what it's like when you can just clean you room so much more easily?

satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
I know but still, magic is cool. Can you imagine what it's like when you can just clean you room so much more easily?
Yeah, I've always wanted to buy one of those robot vacuum cleaners. Preferably one that I can reprogram.

Reactions: lv-gras
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
It ain't possible. However, I do understand being so desperate that you'll try anything. We all want to be free from the tyrannical grip of reality. I remember soon after I got divorced....I was laying in bed onenight crying uncontrollably and then I started to pray....even though I was, and still am an atheist.

Only the dead are without problems.
Around a year ago, every time I went to sleep I would hope to wake up 11 again so I could fix the wreck my life became. I did this for a solid week straight.
Needless to say, every day I woke up disappointed.

Unsure and Useless

Unsure and Useless

Drifting Aimlessly without Roots
Feb 7, 2023
They might be the same thing, but an ex-friend introduced me to "dimensional shifting" when that became popular.

Basically, you wrote in journals and listened to sounds with the right Hz in order to "shift" into another dimension while you slept. It was essentially lucid dreaming.