Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Honestly I just want someone to relate to. I'm tired of being alone about this, so if anybody relates and want to reach out please do! Doesn't matter how or in what severety you were abused/mistreated, I won't judge and I know it hurts just as much either way so don't be ashamed please. I know I posted this in the recovery section but if you're planning to ctb that's ok too, I just want someone to relate to, that's all.

• Hugs
Reactions: pulleditnearlyoff and Hero Remeer
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Yes, have experienced neglect in psych and some abuse as an autistic person (specifying this because the type of abuse was through overstimulation and getting me in trouble because of being autistic and dissociation as well). Most is neglect and needs not being met through isolation and being cooped up in a room by myself a lot of the time and other times it was making my outbursts and emotions worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hero Remeer
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Yes, have experienced neglect in psych and some abuse as an autistic person (specifying this because the type of abuse was through overstimulation and getting me in trouble because of being autistic and dissociation as well). Most is neglect and needs not being met through isolation and being cooped up in a room by myself a lot of the time and other times it was making my outbursts and emotions worse.
I'm so sorry you went through that! I also have autism and I was also isolated alot and they refused to stop doing it even though I told them numerous times that it distresses me often in tears. They would also be aggressive and yell at me sometimes and even my psychiatrist was neglective as he refused me any treatment entirely witch caused my mental health to detoriate badly. They never physically abused me aside from sometimes purposly holding me in a way that hurt when I was throwing tantrums. It's hard when it happened within the psychiatric system too because it's so easy to get labeled as "crazy" and "overreacting" when you have psychiatric history. No one really believes me because of that. That's why I've been reaching out so I won't have to feel alone anymore. Would you like to get in touch? I feel like we both might have lot's in common.

P

pulleditnearlyoff

Student
Apr 26, 2024
Yes, they dragged me down the hallway and put me on my bed en held me down on my stomach for 10 minutes.
Also they said I liked playing "the patient", as I laid in bed and fell asleep.
One time I was placed to a closed unit, I didn't see any staff member in 24 hours.
I stayed in a filthy room, broken wooden bed, ants walking everywhere, smell of smoke from outside, noisy.
Been forced to take pills I didn't need.

These places are true hell!

• Wow
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
dune_dweller

dune_dweller

Puella Aeternus
Sep 6, 2024
Not abuse, but overheard a nurse talking about my self-harm scar in a way that suggested "morbid fascination" with wanting to see it up close.

I calmly confronted another nurse and she called two HR representatives to come talk to me about my accusation, and they took it very seriously, treating me with respect.

But yeah, the fact that a nurse that works in a psyche ward is willing to say something like that, and say it out loud? Just unethical, really.

They shouldn't allow people to work with psyche patients who don't understand psychology or don't have empathy towards the sufferers.