S

SadLoser

Jul 31, 2021
I have basically no experience dating and i'm a very sensitive guy so something like this is absolutely soul-crushing to me.

She was the one who approached me first too and loved bombed me by telling me how amazing I am and all that, which really made me feel special and loved for once.

Most of my life my problem was being shy and awkward and not very assertive but it seems like even if I go through with a date, there's no guarantee I won't get thrown in the trash.
Has this happened to anyone else here? How did you not end up going crazy?
I get so emotionally attached to people, it's scary.
I really just want a gf. That's all I want from life. Without feeling loved, I feel completely broken.
Pretty sure I developed anhedonia because nothing brings me joy anymore. I am so lonely and miserable.

• Hugs
Reactions: excelsior, UsagiDrop and NumbItAll
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Actually left me for someone in our friend group. Someone I actually brought into our friend group. I'm not proud of how I reacted, but I was still a teenager and my ego was damaged. My first relationship that lasted more than a few months, too.

I never did tell anybody I was heartbroken. They only knew that I was pissed off.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SadLoser and excelsior
strigoi

strigoi

Apr 29, 2023
I'm a 24 year old woman, and I dated a guy 10 years older than me for 6 years, and he recently dumped me for another guy.

• Hugs
UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
It happened to me years ago. I gave this guy everything including a job and then after a week of working together he suddenly got a new gf, told me that we couldn't see each other anymore, and then constantly brought her to our place of work to show her off to me and have her be nasty to me. When she wasn't there, he would flirt with me. When she was there, I was like a piece of gum that he chewed up, spit out and stuck to the bottom of the bar. He still used me for rides to places and stuff, too.

How did I not go crazy? Eh, I just went crazy, lol. I started abusing substances at that time and my ideation was through the roof. I think those kinds of things would send anyone a little crazy, even the most well adjusted and experienced of us. I'm still not fully recovered from it even six or seven years later. I wish I had advice to offer, but I'm not out of the woods and I don't know if you're really asking for advice either. Time makes you a little numb to the situation as it marches on and if you're lucky, someone else will come around and it'll work out. I hope that you find the companionship you're looking for and I wish you the best.

• Hugs
animetal

animetal

a confession, a cadaver
May 8, 2023
They didn't exactly leave me for someone else but they did leave me heartbroken as they said they want nothing to do with me anymore. I had opened up about pretty much my whole life to him and I felt we were soulmates and everything with how much we both went through and our lives were so similar it felt we were fated to meet. But my trauma kinda froze me in place which ruined everything and I'm also really sensitive so this has pretty much destroyed me. I think I've also developed anhedonia because I can't bring myself to do any of the things I enjoyed. I loved him so much and gave up on so many things for him. I feel your pain

• Hugs
  • Aww..