• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
Anyone find that the more depressed they've become the harder it is to lift?

Reactions: Dartz
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes, exercise is definitely harder when you are depressed. I've almost started crying in gym before because I was just so down about shit. It does not always work to lift mood that much. It depends on how bad of a state you are in when you first get there. More often than not the gym does help. Helps your brain chemicals. The gym is the only reason I was able to come off certain medications. It's wonderful for withdrawal symptoms.

Reactions: Dartz, Please_stop and tomz323
ShadowOfTheDay

ShadowOfTheDay

Hungry Ghost
Feb 14, 2019
Absolutely! I used to be an avid runner. I would run about 5 miles, 3 or 4 times per week.

I recently tried running again, and I felt like I was dying the whole time.

I think that's the main reason depression is such a killer--it causes people to isolate themselves, and adopt sedentary lifestyles, which only makes matters worse, in the long-term.

God, I wish I could break this cycle!

Reactions: Allpainnogain and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Absolutely! I used to be an avid runner. I would run about 5 miles, 3 or 4 times per week.

I recently tried running again, and I felt like I was dying the whole time.

I think that's the main reason depression is such a killer--it causes people to isolate themselves, and adopt sedentary lifestyles, which only makes matters worse, in the long-term.

God, I wish I could break this cycle!
Yes, I only go to NA meetings to manage isolation lol! No real intention of changing or stopping all drugs forever. But I enjoy goin to the meetings sometimes.

Reactions: ShadowOfTheDay
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Doctors have always tried to encourage me to exercise because it's supposed to help with Depression (because it releases Endorphins), but I'm unable to motivate myself because of chronic fatigue and my chronic pain gets worse anytime I exercise (even though they claim that long term it will help). I don't see the point anymore, since I won't be here much longer anyways.

Reactions: ShadowOfTheDay
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Yeah it isnt necessarily harder to lift, weights wise or train and exercise. But i just cant go to the gym anymore. Not motivated like i use to be, and i was pretty deezed.

Whenever i was there, id drown in my own sorrow by drowning myself into thoughts and thinking. I couldnt even work out because i was literally just in my own mind the whole time. I guess whenever you truly are depressed, whatever you just have so much passion and motivation for, you ultimatemy lose interest and become lazy and just dont care about it anymore. I use to LOVE VIDEO GAMES, now i just dont even care for them anymore, and i just lost interest after my depressive episodes.

Reactions: Allpainnogain
A

Allpainnogain

Experienced
May 2, 2019
Yeah it isnt necessarily harder to lift, weights wise or train and exercise. But i just cant go to the gym anymore. Not motivated like i use to be, and i was pretty deezed.

Whenever i was there, id drown in my own sorrow by drowning myself into thoughts and thinking. I couldnt even work out because i was literally just in my own mind the whole time. I guess whenever you truly are depressed, whatever you just have so much passion and motivation for, you ultimatemy lose interest and become lazy and just dont care about it anymore. I use to LOVE VIDEO GAMES, now i just dont even care for them anymore, and i just lost interest after my depressive episodes.
Same here it is so sad

• Aww..
Reactions: pole
E

efilist

May 21, 2019
I basically just do the bare minimum, or will feel worse. But even so, it's only 20 minutes. I don't go very heavy on weights because it just takes too much effort. I used to run, but have not been motivated to do that in years so I just get out for a walk. Other than that I barely leave the house.

Reactions: tomz323