T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
Does anyone remember enjoying this day as a child? I remember feeling like this was pure joy and that nothing else mattered. Just being whoever you wanted to be for a night and having the freedom to run around with your friends.

It's quite amazing how your entire reality changes as an adult. To be back in ignorance...

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, Engström, Ligottian and 4 others
Cage

Cage

Unwitting Baas
Sep 18, 2023
Halloween is dumb and I was a dumb kid back then like we all were. Got no urges to celebrate it again

T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
Halloween is dumb and I was a dumb kid back then like we all were. Got no urges to celebrate it again
It definitely is weird, but I had a moment of rare nostalgia that made me jealous of those days. These days are beyond shitty. I have no words to describe life now. It's a huge shame.

Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70 and Zegers
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
yea, it was nice being a kid, with no worried, just running around with your friends from house to house in goofy costumes :/

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, Engström and thislife77
G

godsseepiestsoldier

Oct 22, 2023
My parents were too religious and on facebook too much reading about razor blades in candy to let me celebrate lol. Which is funny considering we lived in a rich white suburb.

Reactions: Engström and thislife77
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Some woman came round with no less than 7 kids before. Near cleared me out of confectionary. Think that's the last of them now though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Engström and thislife77
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I live in Southern Europe and Halloween is not particularly celebrated here but even if it was celebrated i wouldn't have any plans so.

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Does anyone remember enjoying this day as a child? I remember feeling like this was pure joy and that nothing else mattered. Just being whoever you wanted to be for a night and having the freedom to run around with your friends.

It's quite amazing how your entire reality changes as an adult. To be back in ignorance...
As an adult we must be "mature", and maturity is usually viewed as having no enjoyment, because fun is only for children apparently. Once you reach a certain age you must throw away those drawings, and discard any creative thoughts that you have; you should not have any ideas above your station. No more harmless silliness either, so forget about those sleepovers with pizza and pillow fights that you used to have, because you are an adult now, and adults should only think about tax codes material success; anything else that is not intentionally depressing and boring is "childish".

(Sarcasm).

Reactions: ForgottenAgain, StrawberryBlood, kitty_kat and 3 others
T

thislife77

Oct 9, 2023
As an adult we must be "mature", and maturity is usually viewed as having no enjoyment, because fun is only for children apparently. Once you reach a certain age you must throw away those drawings, and discard any creative thoughts that you have; you should not have any ideas above your station. No more harmless silliness either, so forget about those sleepovers with pizza and pillow fights that you used to have, because you are an adult now, and adults should only think about tax codes material success; anything else that is not intentionally depressing and boring is "childish".

(Sarcasm).
Being an adult is worse than I ever imagined. I always feared growing up and now I am here...

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Being an adult is worse than I ever imagined. I always feared growing up and now I am here...
I think that I know how you feel. I have tried to resist, but nothing can stop aging - not in the current era anyway.

Bad-luck

Bad-luck

"Tradition is the corpse of wisdom"
Oct 31, 2023
When I was younger, i really like halloween and always wanted to do it. Over the years, I felt less and less the feeling to celebrate halloween up until the point where I didn't want to celebrate it anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Engström
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I like the Halloween movies with Jamie Lee Curtis. I prefer the movie from 1998.

Reactions: Engström
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
I will always love Halloween and the Fall season in October/Late September. They give me warm feelings from a time my family looked healthy and happy (behind the scenes this wasn't the case). My childhood wasn't pleasant, but I find comfort in this holiday more-so than any other. Everything felt together.

I think about being back in 5th grade, it's warm in the classroom, it's October, and I'm staring out the window looking at the dark blue/orange sky and the trees in the windows. Thinking about what I was gonna watch on TV that night (I personally stopped trick or treating when I was 10 because I believed I was too old for it, but I still loved the holiday).

My depression and mental illnesses have gotten worse over the years and have tired me out from being able to love my favourite things, and that includes Halloween. It's a lonely feeling... I try desperately to reclaim the innocence I felt I had. I feel like I am failing.

(On another note, I also love the Halloween movies, hehe.)

• Hugs
Reactions: thislife77 and Engström
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
I wasn't allowed to partake in Halloween celebrations growing up due to our mother being a radical Jehovah's Witness. Eventually she ended up resigning, and by that time I was approaching junior high school.

That said, this is one of my favorite Halloween gifs:

IMG 4221

• Yay!
Reactions: thislife77 and Abandoned Character
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
my childhood was ass but i always loved halloween so much. i cried when i saw trick or treaters going around. i thought "they must be having so much fun. they must be so happy."

• Hugs
Reactions: thislife77 and Engström
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I dressed up as a mentally healthy person.

The freakiest creature I can imagine.

• Yay!
Reactions: thislife77, Rogue Proxy and Engström
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
I started dressing up for holloween again as an adult, letting myself have fun like I did as a child. It was nice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Engström
Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021

(Sarcasm).
Well, I say "Fuck maturity!" The concept of "maturity" is based on the how well an individual conforms to cultural norms. Just another stifling, manipulative tactic humans use to control and exploit each other. Personally, I have leagues of respect for anyone who embraces their creativity, disregards social norms, and indulges in their innocuous fun. Anyone else who demands conformity and attacks individuals for harmless deviations is just a stunted, toxic pile of shit. Finally, no one is obligated to personal growth.

As for Halloween, I've enjoyed this holiday far more as an adult. First, the toxic breeders and other nasty humans are out of picture. Most of all, solitude has granted me the freedom to enjoy myself however I wish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprite_Geist
cats333

cats333

sleepy
Aug 10, 2023
sometimes i force myself to enjoy dumb festivities like that because i dont want to admit ive lost that part of myself, but in the end it doesnt work out and i just feel dumb. still nice to remember though