M

mopeyD

Aug 8, 2020
I have read that placement of rope below Adam's apple on neck restricts carotid artery better than below the jawline. Is this for partial suspension?

I will be doing full suspension and would like input on placement of rope on neck and placement of knot to best ensure pressure on arteries and losing consciousness- rather than windpipe.

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It's hard to say. There are mixed opinions on where the rope should go, but most do seem to agree that either below the Adam's apple or below the jaw are suitable locations. Personally I would put the rope below the jaw since it seems to be where the neck is softest and I've had the most success compressing the carotid there in the past. I don't think compressing the carotid can be totally guaranteed so I would prepare for the possibility of pain.

M

mopeyD

Aug 8, 2020
It's hard to say. There are mixed opinions on where the rope should go, but most do seem to agree that either below the Adam's apple or below the jaw are suitable locations. Personally I would put the rope below the jaw since it seems to be where the neck is softest and I've had the most success compressing the carotid there in the past. I don't think compressing the carotid can be totally guaranteed so I would prepare for the possibility of pain.
Ok thanks for the response. Appreciate it

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Higher up. There is less muscle to support the rope, and less vein compression. The arteries are also more superficial higher up, and as such easier to compress.

Reactions: EmptyManForever