F

fleischmaschina

Jun 3, 2023
Hi,
I read hanging megathread again about partial suspension which seems better and easier method than full susp. when done in the woods. But I have a couple of questions. So slipknot is recommended knot, but where do you place the loop on the neck and where exactly does knot go? I know the goal is to block arteries. Also, how much do you have to kneel? Do knees have to reach to bottom? Is it possible that body will involuntarily stand up somehow (does this question sound stupid? Sorry). If I understand correctly you should press down just the right amount to block blood flow but not too much, correct?

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: kinderbueno
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Here's how one guy did it anyway and it seems to have gone fairly quickly. Yes the body can stand up or stay standing while unconscious.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
A

AflacDuck

Aug 5, 2024
Hanging wouldn't be my first choice, but if it were me to use hanging. Have you ever considered looking at the same documentation hangmen used. If you can calculate the drop and the angle. You can get a clean snap rather than by aphyxia.

D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
Hanging wouldn't be my first choice, but if it were me to use hanging. Have you ever considered looking at the same documentation hangmen used. If you can calculate the drop and the angle. You can get a clean snap rather than by aphyxia.

It's pretty tough to do the full drop properly, keep the knot positioned right, find the proper height etc.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Hi,
I read hanging megathread again about partial suspension which seems better and easier method than full susp. when done in the woods. But I have a couple of questions. So slipknot is recommended knot, but where do you place the loop on the neck and where exactly does knot go? I know the goal is to block arteries. Also, how much do you have to kneel? Do knees have to reach to bottom? Is it possible that body will involuntarily stand up somehow (does this question sound stupid? Sorry). If I understand correctly you should press down just the right amount to block blood flow but not too much, correct?

Thanks for your help!
Hello.

First of all, ignore the people saying that you need to snap your neck: it doesn't cause unconsciousness or death and it just paralyzes you. Secondly, I'd advise against partial suspension because it extremely extremely unreliable. Trust me, I know. I know it's a hassle, but full suspension is infinitely better.

Now, onto your questions, if you insist on partial:
You place the loop as high up in the neck as possible, close to the jaw. The knot should go perfectly behind your neck.
To compress the carotids you will have to apply A LOT of pressure (hence why I talk about full instead of partial).
Your body won't stand up at any point, I don't think that happens.
Note that you will feel pressure in your trachea too, but this is inevitable. To compress the carotids you will sadly end up closing your airway too.

The reason I advise full is because you are guaranteed to pass out within 20 seconds, instead of remaining conscious. And remember that with partial you will stay conscious for at least a minute, gasping for air (it won't be quiet). The reason I know this is because I've seen videos of this.

Hope this helps, any questions, just let us know. And well done for choosing hanging as your method, I like that method.

• Yay!
Reactions: Amaree