A

ausiegal

Aug 12, 2024
Am I silly to think that drowning is easier than hanging (full suspension)?

I'm nervous that I'll stuff up hanging, despite having read so many of the threads on SaSu multiple times.
And I feel like I'll struggle to find the courage to kick the chair/stool.

So I'm thinking about rowing out into the middle of a large lake nearby. I will drink some alcohol before getting into the water. Then I'll use a knife to pop the inflatable boat. It will be the middle of the night & quite cold, so I'll either die by drowning/hypothermia/exhaustion.

I'll probably need to attach some weights to myself won't I?

I am in Australia, so I don't have access to SN etc, or any other form of drugs. These are really my only two options, unless I want to look at trains which isn't fair on the driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: oz.ls.23, TimetoGo! and null_blank
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd fear the hanging method failing as well, it terrifies me how such could happen. Personally I really wish there are accessible painless poisons, it's so cruel to me how it's this difficult to die. But anyway I wish you all the best, I hope that you find what you search for.

Reactions: oz.ls.23 and ausiegal
null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
I saw that someone else here OD'd on sleepers/allergy meds with a downer ingredient before putting a belt around their neck and a closet rod, taking their SI out of the hang game to ctb successfully.

The hypothermic lake trip sounds like a solid idea. Tbh I'd probably make a little puncture on shore to assure a one way ticket

but that's me.

Winter, as they say, is coming, but I've so little non-public water near me that a quiet leaving as such would be quite the difficulty.

I hope you can find a peaceful exit.

Reactions: ausiegal
anime

anime

Aug 14, 2024
yeah i kind of agree, stuffing up hanging does tend to happen and idk if i could either do it just the fact of kicking the chair from out beneath me is scary and would it be able to support my weight because it would suck for it to break on me if i did get the courage to do that and i do feel you there with the lack of access since here in australia access to a lot of ways to CTB are just very restricted for no reason so we can't really do them.
i do think attempt to drown in the middle of a cold lake rn would be ideal since it is winter and pretty cold at the moment, since u have 3 ways drowning/hypothermia/exhaustion and at night as well will be so much more colder and no one else would be at the lake. seems like a sure-fire way to CTB

Reactions: null_blank and ausiegal
A

ausiegal

Aug 12, 2024
Thanks all, I appreciate your comments & this group!

Any thoughts on what I should wear? Clothes to weigh me down, or less clothing to make me get cold more quickly?

null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
Thanks all, I appreciate your comments & this group!

Any thoughts on what I should wear? Clothes to weigh me down, or less clothing to make me get cold more quickly?
I should think one wear heavier pieces, to weigh down and make the struggle more tiring.

A tighter low-temp sweater to hold extra water under a too-large piece to complicate movement and the clunkiest boots!

Old

Old

Apr 25, 2024
If you are going to drown you probably want to use the deodorant method (inhale deodorant spray through a towel, then hold your breath). This will make you lose oxygen.

A

ausiegal

Aug 12, 2024
Ooo thank you - I didn't think of heavy boots! Gosh you guys are good at thinking this stuff through!

Feel free to send through any other thoughts you have