C

Cryptomatica

Jan 23, 2021
Sorry sorry, I already kind of posted this question in the hanging thread, but I need the information quickly. Any information is helpful.

I still have a rope from attempting to partially hang myself not long ago. I used a hangman's knot.

Can you still do the partial-standing method with a hangman's noose, or would I have better success with a slip knot? I used padding since it dug into my neck (the hangman's noose). The rope is 1/2". I tried using nitrogen today but there was a leak, so I guess I'll try the rope.

Can you use padding around your neck for the slip knot and still have it be just as effective?

Thank you so much.

botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Hello! I'm certainly not an expert, so take this advice with a pinch of salt. But do you need to use a hangman's noose? From everything I've read in the hanging thread, it seems like a slipknot would be a better alternative. It may be easier for you, if you were to use that, as it is more easy to manoeuvre with. As for padding, I suppose it depends on what you're using. The best way to figure these things out, is to practice it for yourself. Personally, I have used a dog leash, and a dressing gown cord, and I have never really needed to add any extra padding, so I couldn't help you with that much unfortunately. But I hope this helps you somewhat regardless, good luck with everything. :hug:

Reactions: Cryptomatica
C

Cryptomatica

Jan 23, 2021
Hello! I'm certainly not an expert, so take this advice with a pinch of salt. But do you need to use a hangman's noose? From everything I've read in the hanging thread, it seems like a slipknot would be a better alternative. It may be easier for you, if you were to use that, as it is more easy to manoeuvre with. As for padding, I suppose it depends on what you're using. The best way to figure these things out, is to practice it for yourself. Personally, I have used a dog leash, and a dressing gown cord, and I have never really needed to add any extra padding, so I couldn't help you with that much unfortunately. But I hope this helps you somewhat regardless, good luck with everything. :hug:
Thank you a ton! I don't need to use a hangman's noose per se. That's just what I have. I can change it up some though.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal
botanormal

botanormal

Mage
Nov 9, 2020
Thank you a ton! I don't need to use a hangman's noose per se. That's just what I have. I can change it up some though.
If it's at all possible, I'd recommend a slipknot - only because it's a lot easier to use, in my opinion! You can tighten and loosen it pretty easily, so if you ever need to practice, it's pretty helpful. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Worndown and Cryptomatica
lucacaro

lucacaro

Star
Dec 17, 2020
I think slipknot is recommended for partial on the suicide wiki

edit yeah it says this: The slip knot is a frequently suggested knot, because it slides easily, can be quickly undone, and doesn't pinch.

Last edited:
Reactions: botanormal
J

jack1988

Dec 12, 2020
Sorry sorry, I already kind of posted this question in the hanging thread, but I need the information quickly. Any information is helpful.

I still have a rope from attempting to partially hang myself not long ago. I used a hangman's knot.

Can you still do the partial-standing method with a hangman's noose, or would I have better success with a slip knot? I used padding since it dug into my neck (the hangman's noose). The rope is 1/2". I tried using nitrogen today but there was a leak, so I guess I'll try the rope.

Can you use padding around your neck for the slip knot and still have it be just as effective?

Thank you so much.
i had planned to use nitrogen with a homemade plastic bag over my head. can you help me point out where did you fail? did your plastic bag failed? i could learn from the botched attempt

Last edited: