TrapForYou

TrapForYou

Jul 25, 2024
So, this post is mainly to reassure myself in some way that I do have a way out. I guess.

Anyway. Yesterday I spent the whole day trying tourniquet and night-night, and nothing. Honestly, it makes me kinda mad that Five Last Acts makes it sound so extremely easy. After that, tried partial again, and nothing.

I came to the conclusion that full suspension is my only option. This morning I took a bathrobe belt and made a slipknot, and tied it to the highest anchor point I could find. Unfortunately, it wasn't high enough, and I was still touching the ground a little, but at least I finally compressed my carotids for the first time. It wasn't like compressing the jugulars, where the head feels like it will explode. I actually felt the sensation you feel when you're about to faint, though very slow. The belt was around my neck just like always– high up, knot behind. So I guess the reason why I managed this time and not before was because there was more pressure thanks to my weight. The whole thing wasn't painless though– my throat and tongue hurt and I was gasping for air, but compared to other methods I guess it's on the annoying/uncomfortable side rather than on the extremely painful side.

I found an anchor point that is actually high enough in my garage, so I guess that's that. I just hope that when I do it, I loose consciousness quicker so that I don't have to bear with the discomfort.

(Not related, but I have a flight today. Crossing my fingers so that it crashes while I sleep.)

• Hugs
Reactions: dz.bouquet and Worndown
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best, I hope you find peace from all the suffering.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The whole thing wasn't painless though– my throat and tongue hurt and I was gasping for air
That's most likely because you were constricting your trachea, or windpipe. A painless, or at least, more pain-free hanging involves only constricting your carotid arteries. There are techniques for accomplishing this. I suggest you do more investigation on the subject if you'd like to avoid the pain caused by the forementioned.

TrapForYou

TrapForYou

Jul 25, 2024
Update: tried again, with the same anchor point. I tried to first let some of my weight go instead of all my weight, and I found the feeling of my throat being crushed very painful. At some point I wanted to stop, but when I was going to I became so extremely confused all of a sudden I forgot what was going on and only felt the pain. Also saw some shiny things in my vision. I tried to free myself but my arms were literally giving up on me. Very weird feeling, but I finally managed to free myself and right after I felt like my stomach had been punched, I had to lay down.

I guess I was close to passing out? I don't know, it's the first time something like this happens. I don't know what the fuck was that but I wish my body had just let go back then.

Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
Update: tried again, with the same anchor point. I tried to first let some of my weight go instead of all my weight, and I found the feeling of my throat being crushed very painful. At some point I wanted to stop, but when I was going to I became so extremely confused all of a sudden I forgot what was going on and only felt the pain. Also saw some shiny things in my vision. I tried to free myself but my arms were literally giving up on me. Very weird feeling, but I finally managed to free myself and right after I felt like my stomach had been punched, I had to lay down.

I guess I was close to passing out? I don't know, it's the first time something like this happens. I don't know what the fuck was that but I wish my body had just let go back then.
sorry for your experience and that it's more painful than expected... btw, how much of mm is your rope' diameter? (I just wonder what % of painfulness depends on the diameter).

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
While others on your flight will not share your wish for an early landing, I hope you can relax a little. You have a workable plan when you need to use it.

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
Wow you got pretty close. I guess SI is pretty strong.

Hope you succeed in what you choose to do, either CTB or staying with us a little longer..