• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
For hanging method, does it make a difference if the loop is on right side or on left side?

Or should the knot just be behind the neck?

Better to use a slipknot or hangman knot?

Reactions: Why Me?
Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
Most people have the knot position either behind the neck or in front i found out. And they use a simple knot.

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
Most people have the knot position either behind the neck or in front i found out. And they use a simple knot.
As far as I know, behind the back is the most effective position because it puts the pressure (the point opposite of the knot) directly on arteries and veins, but it also puts a lot of pressure on the windpipe which leads to suffocation. Side positions are meant to avoid that somewhat by directing the pressure away, same as front, but those are not recommended for partial hanging as it makes it too difficult to apply enough pressure on the arteries. For full suspension, as far as I know, either position would work, but some may cause more suffering before you lose consciousness. Read a report about a person who hanged themselves with the front knot position, while having their breathing hole (medical reasons) below the knot so they were able to breathe while hanging. Also the hangman's knot is not ideal for hanging as there is too much friction and knot closes poorly (tested myself) and you might slip out or it might not compress your neck enough. It's only really used for long drop hangings to help break the neck from what I've read. For long drop the ideal position would be in the front because it forces your neck in an unnatural way and helps to break it. Simple noose is the superior option for full and partial suspension as it's easy to make correctly and it closes easily. Better to reinforce it by tying a knot on the loose end and reinforcing it with something like duct tape (that's what I did), so it doesn't untie. That's based on the research I've done and might not be fully correct, if you have any corrections I'd be glad to hear them

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW and Pardoe84
Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
The most uncomfortable placement: Placing the noose high up the neck[1|2|3] will constricts the trachea. Constricting the trachea will causes a urge to cough or a feeling of choking. Forum members have reported that putting the pressure high on the neckline above the trachea was causing them to cough and they couldn't breathe properly—because anytime they went to swallow, their trachea had to raise, but it was not possible due to trachea being blocker by the cord. Near the jaw, the carotid arteries branch on both sides. Of course, you can compress them up there, but it requires more force because one branch is deeper. This placement of the rope has a higher rate of failure due to the fact there are now 4 paths instead of 2. Not to mention it crushes your trachea.

The loop should not be too high as it can crush the trachea. But if one do full hanging, will the slip knot slide into this position anyway because of the gravity and weight? Does it make sense to put the loop under the adams apple?

• Informative
Reactions: Namensjemand and avaruus
nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
The most uncomfortable placement: Placing the noose high up the neck[1|2|3] will constricts the trachea. Constricting the trachea will causes a urge to cough or a feeling of choking. Forum members have reported that putting the pressure high on the neckline above the trachea was causing them to cough and they couldn't breathe properly—because anytime they went to swallow, their trachea had to raise, but it was not possible due to trachea being blocker by the cord. Near the jaw, the carotid arteries branch on both sides. Of course, you can compress them up there, but it requires more force because one branch is deeper. This placement of the rope has a higher rate of failure due to the fact there are now 4 paths instead of 2. Not to mention it crushes your trachea.

The loop should not be too high as it can crush the trachea. But if one do full hanging, will the slip knot slide into this position anyway because of the gravity and weight? Does it make sense to put the loop under the adams apple?
I think it's recommended to put it slightly under the adam's apple for partial, but for full suspension the noose will likely go up either way, I'm not quite sure. But the weight of the body is more than enough to compress the trachea along with everything else anyway, which is why people often put the noose on the side with full hanging (specifically so the rope goes behind the ear)

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Either side is ok. Set it so when it tightens, it will move toward the back. That keeps equal perssure where needed.

A

ae300

Sep 16, 2023

Totally and you dont want this! This would cause much greater injury, pain, discomfort, ... than placing the noose directly above the Adam's apple ! So under adams apple is only for a a small cases of partial the ideal spot! In all other cases (partial and full) put the noose above is much better, also in case of failing.

Apbelow

It's only worth thinking about if the anchor point is at the right angle. So almost only kneeling or almost lying on bed, floor,...cases. NEVER sitting cases.
However, below the Adam's apple you need a little less force to blackout more quickly, but really only a few newtons less. I tried it myself.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jusbug and nicotine_goblin