S

swaraj

Dead Lilith
Apr 10, 2023
Pro-lifers dealing with the insane number of student suicides in my country. They will do every moronic thing except actually making social and cultural progress to deal with suicide.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sylveon and fwompie
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It'd be better to ask why so many students commit suicide and perhaps many others may plan it. I assume it's ridiculous social "requirements" to have high degrees and to be always the best one and a lot more other pressures that young people simply can't endure any more. It's just my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: f1lth, swaraj, Notbadenough and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
India is very inclined towards education and puts lots of unnecessary pressure on their students. I don't know why having good grades is so important in life that it even pushes people to suicide because they can't maintain their high grades and fulfill their parent's expectations.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sylveon, swaraj and Praestat_Mori
S

swaraj

Dead Lilith
Apr 10, 2023
India is very inclined towards education and puts lots of unnecessary pressure on their students. I don't know why having good grades is so important in life that it even pushes people to suicide because they can't maintain their high grades and fulfill their parent's expectations.
It's the social fabric . Resources are scarce, and education is mostly the only way to break out of the cycle of poverty. Religion, caste, gender, class all play into it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sid19, yasmine299, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
"To provide mental support and security to the students studying/living in them and to prevent suicides from increasing among coaching students in Kota city, all hostel/PG operators in the state are directed to install a security spring device in the fans at every room, as discussed in Saturday's meeting."

"Springs in these ceiling fans are designed to uncoil the moment it detects a load, effectively detaching the fan from the ceiling, and preventing hangings. The fans will also have installed sensors that sound an alarm in the event of an attempted suicide," Hindustan Times reported.
Ah yes, installing spring-loaded fans that effectively shame the victim in the event of an attempted suicide; truly one of the ways of providing mental support and "security"...

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
This's the prime example of ignorance, instead reviewing on the system, they build this stupid thing. I mean if they really mean to do so, wouldn't those who want to ctb themself will just gonna buy some SN or cyanide?

Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
This's the prime example of ignorance, instead reviewing on the system, they build this stupid thing. I mean if they really mean to do so, wouldn't those who want to ctb themself will just gonna buy some SN or cyanide?
I believe it's pretty much impossible for the students to have access to SN or cyanide over there; in fact, I'd be surprised if they knew about SN to begin with. From what I've seen, hanging seems to be the most popular method of CTB in India by a landslide.

But all that aside, it's so f****d up how they've chosen to deal with student suicides in this way rather than, you know... actually doing what needs to be done, but I ain't surprised at all by this. I remember one of the elected ministers over there saying something along the lines of "students commit suicide due to excessive use of phones or coming into relationships," so yeah, no wonder they're dealing with this issue in such a gloriously moronic way. First, they install those suicide nets on tall buildings, and now this. I wonder what they'll do next.

Oh, and that number of 22 is 30+ now.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, BlockHammer and Sid19
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
I believe it's pretty much impossible for the students to have access to SN or cyanide over there; in fact, I'd be surprised if they knew about SN to begin with. From what I've seen, hanging seems to be the most popular method of CTB in India by a landslide.

But all that aside, it's so f****d up how they've chosen to deal with student suicides in this way rather than, you know... actually doing what needs to be done, but I ain't surprised at all by this. I remember one of the elected ministers over there saying something along the lines of "students commit suicide due to excessive use of phones or coming into relationships," so yeah, no wonder they're dealing with this issue in such a gloriously moronic way. First, they install those suicide nets on tall buildings, and now this. I wonder what they'll do next.

Oh, and that number of 22 is 30+ now.
I see that, in truth i dont know how common SN in india is, even i dont know if SN is common enough in my country. But when it came tk cyanide, actually there's a product in my country that contain cyanide, and if you want to buy it, you have to use another word to buy this item

But i think one day if they had some internet acess, probably they going to find out about this methode. Not now,but if the system continue to run like this, one day they going to find the methode

Reactions: Sylveon