• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Honestly, how do you do it without getting right back up again?
I couldn't do it.

Reactions: suffering, anna, Sadgirl19 and 2 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Seems the recent spat of celebrity suicides all involved a doorknob in their partial suspension method.

Not sure if it's a "courage of your conviction" issue or a technicality as I have never tried this.

Will be interested to hear others chime in who have actual experience.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife, lv-gras and Tiburcio
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
I couldn't do it.
Not that I want you to do it, but why couldn't you do it?
Was it survival instinct or was it that you unvolintairly got up?

I remember I intended to end it with a similar method, (partial suspension) from a door with a towel and I couldn't do it because the pain got unbearable and it was taking too long to pass out, then survival instincts kicked in.

Reactions: InaccessibleHour, Sadgirl19, Tiburcio and 1 other person
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
Not that I want you to do it, but why couldn't you do it?
Was it survival instinct or was it that you unvolintairly got up?

I remember I intended to end it with a similar method, (partial suspension) from a door with a towel and I couldn't do it because the pain got unbearable and it was taking too long to pass out, then survival instincts kicked in.

Oh, I think I misphrased that:D I mean I couldn't do it theoretically. I tried hanging myself from a chair once but never from a door knob:)
When I tried it so many years ago the pain was so terrible I had to stop immediately!

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I have tried this method and it takes a lot to "sit" there and wait to blackout but I will say that if you compress the artery just right, you pass out very quickly...usually in under 10 seconds.

Reactions: InaccessibleHour, Tiburcio, Sadgirl19 and 1 other person
S

Sadgirl19

Jul 18, 2018
I've tried this many times but almost succeeded only once. It was the only time I felt no guilt or hesitation.

I wrapped a pillowcase around my head and then put the rope around that and it felt like it helped to create more pressure over a larger space.
Almost passed out in a few minutes but then I thought I heard my bf's car lock, so I got out.

Adding something to create more pressure over a larger space seemed to help, additionally having a few drinks and not feeling guilt or nervous helped a lot.

Reactions: Tiburcio
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I would like to do this, I don't *get* it, though.

T

TooLate2582

Experienced
May 6, 2018
I couldn't do it.
Do you research and it's super quick. Once you go out, gravity takes care of the rest

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I'm thinking that this way is the most likely, but with full suspension rather than partial (I'm a very thin man), the main problem I'm facing is knot location for quicker loss of consciousness - really don't fancy a minute or two of pain if l could be out of it within seconds instead

InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Tried this last night and a few nights before. Not sure if I'm doing it right and I don't think I am cause my head feels very congested within a few seconds and it's not taking me just a few seconds to pass out which I know it should if you close the carotid just right, as somebody said earlier in this thread.

I also know it's painful enough to go through and just sitting there waiting to pass out you know you've done it wrong or not as good as you could have if you wait to pass out and you don't. Honestly I think the only reason I keep quitting is because the pain just gets too unbearable and I can't keep waiting around when I know I probably never will if I hadn't by then because I know I'm supposed to pass out fairly quickly and let gravity do the rest. I'd try shuffling around and put more pressure on carotid but whatever I do it never appears to do anything but cause strain and I eventually have to get up to let it wear off. Perhaps I do eventually get the spot I need to be in to pass out quickly but I guess if so it's only once I shuffle around and am only willing to wait a few seconds to pass out, and when I don't and the strain gets too painful I quit again. Welp

Reactions: Tiburcio, NoMore and lv-gras
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I've just tested a partial suspension, I'm very cowardly and wanted a more peaceful exit but figured after reading the resources I'd give it a go and see how bothersome it was.

I looped a long bath robe belt over a door handle, over the top of the door and into a clumsy slipknot. I tightened this across my carotid artery area and gingerly stepped off a stool to see how it felt. As l did so l bent my knees slightly as my toes touched the ground, leaned in to the knot, and was out in seconds, somewhere between five and ten seconds. Gone. I was in a very weird dream state, am certain l heard music, the rope slipped off the door handle and l hit the deck and came to in a very confused state, took me several seconds to remember where, and even who, l was. Looking at the clock I'm guessing l was out for about 1 minute, so in a way l was lucky as a few more minutes and l may have been a vegetable, but also disappointed that l came so very close to a reasonably peaceful, very quick exit with this test run and now I'm going to have to summon the courage to go again.

Tl;dr: surprisingly easy and painless.

Reactions: Johnnythefox, windingdown, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 5 others
N

NoHope

Aug 7, 2018
I've just tested a partial suspension, I'm very cowardly and wanted a more peaceful exit but figured after reading the resources I'd give it a go and see how bothersome it was.

I looped a long bath robe belt over a door handle, over the top of the door and into a clumsy slipknot. I tightened this across my carotid artery area and gingerly stepped off a stool to see how it felt. As l did so l bent my knees slightly as my toes touched the ground, leaned in to the knot, and was out in seconds, somewhere between five and ten seconds. Gone. I was in a very weird dream state, am certain l heard music, the rope slipped off the door handle and l hit the deck and came to in a very confused state, took me several seconds to remember where, and even who, l was. Looking at the clock I'm guessing l was out for about 1 minute, so in a way l was lucky as a few more minutes and l may have been a vegetable, but also disappointed that l came so very close to a reasonably peaceful, very quick exit with this test run and now I'm going to have to summon the courage to go again.

Tl;dr: surprisingly easy and painless.

If you don't mind me asking, where on the neck did you place the knot?
Could you still breathe?

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I placed the knot on the right of my Adam's apple, under the jawline, and pushed against it. I felt myself dizzying slightly, but no shortness of breath to induce panic, just straight out.

Should also add that my Adam's apple hurts now, swallowing is quite painful, so be mindful of that if you're doing a test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gevatsu, Tiburcio and NoHope
N

NoHope

Aug 7, 2018
I placed the knot on the right of my Adam's apple, under the jawline, and pushed against it. I felt myself dizzying slightly, but no shortness of breath to induce panic, just straight out.

Should also add that my Adam's apple hurts now, swallowing is quite painful, so be mindful of that if you're doing a test.
Thank you, I will try this too. Are you planning on making another attempt with this method?

Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
I think it's certainly likely, yes. I was hoping for something more suitable for my cowardice such as helium or N but, having discovered how this almost worked simply by accident, l feel more secure about it. Obviously there's the possibility that this was pure fluke, but still, so much easier than expected.

I should also mention that the slipknot wasn't pulling tight as l leaned forward, l had to manually adjust it to be quite tight around my neck, then pushing against the knot sent me out cold in what l would guess at being not much more than five seconds.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Tiburcio and lv-gras
InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Wow. Lucky

I guess I didn't have the knot in the right place. Should I try this again, I'll place the knot where you put it.

Thank you.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Chinaski
never getting better

never getting better

Apr 27, 2018
I think it's certainly likely, yes. I was hoping for something more suitable for my cowardice such as helium or N but, having discovered how this almost worked simply by accident, l feel more secure about it. Obviously there's the possibility that this was pure fluke, but still, so much easier than expected.

I should also mention that the slipknot wasn't pulling tight as l leaned forward, l had to manually adjust it to be quite tight around my neck, then pushing against the knot sent me out cold in what l would guess at being not much more than five seconds.

How did it feel when you passed out? Can you describe the experience including your emotions please?

Reactions: Tiburcio and InaccessibleHour
N

NoHope

Aug 7, 2018

Thanks again and good luck to you. I hope it will be just as painless if you decide to attempt again.

Reactions: lv-gras, Tiburcio, Chinaski and 1 other person
Chinaski

Chinaski

Sep 1, 2018
How did it feel when you passed out? Can you describe the experience including your emotions please?

Honestly, it went from "l wonder how this works" to literally nothing within seconds. When l say l could hear music l suspect this was as the rope slackened and l came down, had it stayed intact there'd have been no more emotion, or anything at all.

Upon coming round l felt as if all of the things leading me to this point had been a horrible dream and l felt content for a couple of seconds until the world slid into focus again. Obviously if one were to get this right this stage wouldn't occur.

Reactions: weedoge, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, NoHope and 4 others
never getting better

never getting better

Apr 27, 2018
Honestly, it went from "l wonder how this works" to literally nothing within seconds. When l say l could hear music l suspect this was as the rope slackened and l came down, had it stayed intact there'd have been no more emotion, or anything at all.

Upon coming round l felt as if all of the things leading me to this point had been a horrible dream and l felt content for a couple of seconds until the world slid into focus again. Obviously if one were to get this right this stage wouldn't occur.

Thank you for your response. It is comforting to read your experience.

Reactions: windingdown, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Chinaski