A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
So when I see celebrities in the news who ctb, it's mostly by hanging. I'm curious why so many choose hanging and why people in general choose hanging. I've come to the conclusion that right now the only method available to me is hanging. But I'm worried of messing it up, pain, and not becoming unconscious and feeling suffocation.

Do these people just not care about the concerns that I have above? Or do they know of a easy way to do it that I don't?

Like idk how to explain it besides I'm done. I'm not even at the lowest point I've been. I just am done. Don't wanna deal with it anymore but I don't want pain.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Biggie, adam&eve, Pookie and 4 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm amazed by the same thing. I mean, how can they have they guts and mentality to hang themselves (so easily)?
The times I tried partial hanging, I chickened out after a few seconds.
I wish dying was easier.

Reactions: adam&eve, sadgirl9999, Pookie and 1 other person
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Exactly and lots of them don't even use the resources we use to figure out how to properly do it.

As example I've checked out https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/ but I still can't figure it out. Although it doesn't seem to have everything it use to have?

I wish dying was easy lol

Reactions: zenn7, Pookie and OopsIdidntwanttodie
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Maybe because they have easy access to drugs which potentially clouds their SIs?
I don't know, I couldn't do it myself either.

Reactions: Biggie, fck-parents, OopsIdidntwanttodie and 1 other person
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Maybe because they have easy access to drugs which potentially clouds their SIs?
I don't know, I couldn't do it myself either.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Anthony Bourdain's toxicology report came back drug and booze free, Chester Bennington's showed only a "trace amount" of alcohol and nothing else and (unfortunately) Kate Spade's wikipedia page is silent as to anything found on autopsy. Maybe i chose the wrong three cases, maybe Wikipedia is lying, dunno, but that's what I've seen so far.

Reactions: AutoTap and stygal
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
We will never know unfortunately:/ Maybe they didn't have the resources we have, maybe they CTB impulsively, or maybe because its so common in general amongst celebs that they choose it.

Reactions: fck-parents and AutoTap
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Anthony Bourdain's toxicology report came back drug and booze free, Chester Bennington's showed only a "trace amount" of alcohol and nothing else and (unfortunately) Kate Spade's wikipedia page is silent as to anything found on autopsy. Maybe i chose the wrong three cases, maybe Wikipedia is lying, dunno, but that's what I've seen so far.
Interesting...I merely guessed.
Maybe because it's a method that doesn't require planing beforehand and is quickly executed at any place.

Reactions: Ironweed and AutoTap
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
If only I could find the key to my dads gun safe and then they key to the ammo. But I've checked like everywhere and I can't find! Ughhh :(

• Hugs
Reactions: stygal
N

Nyxtus

Nov 14, 2020
We will never know unfortunately:/ Maybe they didn't have the resources we have, maybe they CTB impulsively, or maybe because its so common in general amongst celebs that they choose it.
I think it's done impulsively. They have immense amounts of money and connections, and could easily find a site like this if they wanted. They'd have all the money they would need to follow out virtually any suicide attempt. I think that really leaves impulse.

Reactions: stygal and AutoTap
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I am guessing they succeed because they are truly at the bottom of their well. Despair won the game.
Search the site for hanging. Note: full has better success than partial.

Reactions: adam&eve
next-season .?

next-season .?

May 28, 2020
So when I see celebrities in the news who ctb, it's mostly by hanging. I'm curious why so many choose hanging and why people in general choose hanging. I've come to the conclusion that right now the only method available to me is hanging. But I'm worried of messing it up, pain, and not becoming unconscious and feeling suffocation.

Do these people just not care about the concerns that I have above? Or do they know of a easy way to do it that I don't?

Like idk how to explain it besides I'm done. I'm not even at the lowest point I've been. I just am done. Don't wanna deal with it anymore but I don't want pain.
same here i ask myself whhy would robbin hang himself he could just buy a gun or nembutal i guess we will never know

Reactions: AutoTap
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
You are in a hotel, it is late, life sucks and you gotta go. Hey, I have a belt and a closet...

Reactions: AutoTap
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
You are in a hotel, it is late, life sucks and you gotta go. Hey, I have a belt and a closet...
Yeh, but it could bring so much pain, suffocation, etc don't they think of that? I'd much rather go out by gun or something like that ya know?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I am sure that when you need to go, you go.

• Hugs
Reactions: adam&eve, NegativeSymptoms, next-season .? and 2 others
Biggie

Biggie

Feb 24, 2020
Really good points and observations OP and all. In the UK you find a lot of 'celebs' go out that way. The following comes to mind for me:
- Access to Class A/hardcore drugs, not only could this cloud their SI and emotions when it comes to it, but lord knows what long-term drug abuse does to peoples minds, bodies and pain receptors. Of course not all celebs do drugs, but I bet this is a big factor and the odds swing towards a positive correlation between drug abuse and celebrity suicide.
- Lack of education and research. Hanging is probably one of the most well-known ways of CTB. You also don't need any fancy kit to do it. By association too, if their friends and colleagues have gone out that way. In a way like this site, I'd imagine there are correlations between SN and other things most commonly discussed here amongst site users suicides, its method by association.
- Random thought but... Hanging sure is a tough one, but I can't even imagine dying from self-inflicted exsanguination (blood loss) aka severe deep cutting like Avicii. R.I.P Legend.

Last edited:
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Sounds like a trend tbh. I would imagine they'd find some bit of comfort knowing many celebs before them went this way. Still I wouldn't do it due to SI kicking in.

Reactions: Biggie
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I think most people on this site have spend an obscene amount of time thinking about death which makes you very wary of it. While with an impulse suicide you don't really think about anything, you just do it by the quickest route possible without that built up fear.

Reactions: Rabitfever