P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
I've been looking at the partial hanging method via a exercise resistance band like Chris Cornell did in 2017 where he looped it over the top of a door and around his neck. however I'm fairly 'heavy' would this be a problem if I found a heavy duty band if strong enough ones exist?

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I actually have the same doubts!
I am like 240 pounds so this might be a big problem!

• Hugs
Reactions: iwanttodie000
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
My first thought is yes, but the door itself wouldn't be damaged so much as the hinges. But pulling down shouldn't matter. Drilling into the frame would. A single screw up there'll do you.

Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
I've been looking at the partial hanging method via a exercise resistance band like Chris Cornell did in 2017 where he looped it over the top of a door and around his neck. however I'm fairly 'heavy' would this be a problem if I found a heavy duty band if strong enough ones exist?
Why? Why would you opt for an exercise band, then? Do you think he had any reason for choosing it, other than immediate availability? He obviously didn't – going through with suicide was an impulse act and not pre-planned. There's no chance he was like "Yeah, in a relatively short window of time, in a hotel after a show, when friends and colleagues might come knocking at any time, is when I'll do it."

It's never, ever about "the right rope", and always about being in the state of mind where you can actually go through with it.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Use the band to lose weight first.

pls don't get offended, joke

• Wow
Reactions: Rabitfever
P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Why? Why would you opt for an exercise band, then? Do you think he had any reason for choosing it, other than immediate availability? He obviously didn't – going through with suicide was an impulse act and not pre-planned. There's no chance he was like "Yeah, in a relatively short window of time, in a hotel after a show, when friends and colleagues might come knocking at any time, is when I'll do it."

It's never, ever about "the right rope", and always about being in the state of mind where you can actually go through with it.
Because I can't tie knots so it seemed ideal.

Im in that 'right state of mind' 24/7. I wouldn't be posting this thread if I was otherwise.

Y

yeahwellso

Student
Dec 5, 2020
Because I can't tie knots so it seemed ideal.

Im in that 'right state of mind' 24/7. I wouldn't be posting this thread if I was otherwise.
"Can't tie knots" is just another rationalizion. It's an absurd claim.

If you had been in the right state of mind, you wouldn't be here to ask your question.

The number of people who engage in suicidal ideation is way, way, way higher than the number of people who make any kind of actual attempt.

The vast majority of people who talk about committing suicide, especially if they are under 40, will never actually do so. They may sincerely want to, but they never get to the stage of extreme, acute despondency needed to override their doubts.

Reactions: Last chance
P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021

If you had been in the right state of mind, you wouldn't be here to ask your question.

The number of people who engage in suicidal ideation is way, way, way higher than the number of people who make any kind of actual attempt.

The vast majority of people who talk about committing suicide, especially if they are under 40, will never actually do so. They may sincerely want to, but they never get to the stage of extreme, acute despondency needed to override their doubts.

Oh you're one of those. It's bold of you to assume I don't have a disability that prevents me from tying knots.
I have made many many near successful suicide attempts. I had purchased N but unfortunately had it confiscated. I was posting this question in a hope to find a successful method. The whole point of this website? No?
There's no doubt of my state of mind, I have endless complex mental health conditions. But I don't need to prove myself to a stranger on the internet. If you've nothing helpful to put on my thread just move on. I'm not one of the silly teenagers on here wanting to die because of a break up or I'm 'ugly'.

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020

Incorrect I know of people who have asked for help the same day or few days earlier and have still gone on to kill themselves - all between 18 to 28 years old.

Reactions: Rabitfever and Phoenix
P

Phoenix

Student
Feb 27, 2021
Incorrect I know of people who have asked for help the same day or few days earlier and have still gone on to kill themselves - all between 18 to 28 years old.

guy was an arsehole thank god he's gone