maxdata

maxdata

Jul 12, 2019
I weigh 61kg, I am using the slipknot method with a 1cm width Hemp rope, I am planning my set up on a tree branch (I will test the strength before of the branch before ctb), how big of a drop do I need. I am just concerned because I have read peoples failed attempts with ropes breaking but the rope I have is strong but I don't know what limit the drop would have to be for it to snap, this is what I want to avoid, any help or advice is really appreciated.

Thanks you
Please note as well: I will also be taking a lot of Xanax and Ketamine before my attempt

Last edited:
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
You will need nearly no drop. A 10mm rope ist not able to hold your weight for a long drop and you will also not get a place that´s high enough. You will need about 2,40 metres drop to break your neck, like at an execution. So you have to do a simple full suspension hanging. Note: For a full suspension hanging you need nearly no drop, cause if there´s too much drop (but not enough to break your neck) it will hurt your neck badly and will make you suffering, what´s not necessary. So just drop a few inches.

Reactions: Johanna94, Reaper44, maxdata and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
No drop, just let yourself settle into the noose when you step off the stool.
That will keep the maximum load on the rope low.

Reactions: Johanna94, Jewels, maxdata and 2 others
komm susser todd

komm susser todd

Become the master of your own fate
Jul 21, 2019
I just wanna know where the hell yall getting these meds from. My only drug is alcohol and more alcohol until i cant walk properly then necc myself

Reactions: maxdata, Jewels and justwannadie
Reaper44

Reaper44

Jul 20, 2019
You can die from hanging while still being in contact with the ground. If you choose a tall enough tree you might be able to pull off an execution-style hanging, but I don't know how the drop and weight will effect the strength of the branch. I would recommend a few inches above ground but if you're worried about survival instinct it might be safer to go with more. I'm not sure about the strength of the rope, but I haven't done much research into types of rope. Your rope is probably fine if you stick with short drop suspension.

Reactions: maxdata and Jewels