tryingmybest

tryingmybest

Feb 4, 2022
I use to have beautiful long, thick hair. After stress, lack of eating/bad eating, my hair now reaches my chest and is thin and lifeless. I also became a heavy smoker so thats had an affect on my hair. Tried saving it with heat products (stupid ik), and now it looks dull and I suffer from alot of breakage.
Any tips on how to get thick hair again? Im not willing to trim btw my hair is already so short. Thank you<3

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, lofticries, tetra and 2 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Lot's of vitamin c (builds collagen and strengthens hair) and scalp massages. You could also try a shampoo designed for thinning hair.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and tryingmybest
tryingmybest

tryingmybest

Feb 4, 2022
Also how long will it roughly take to save my hair and get some length/thickness?

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Also how long will it roughly take to save my hair and get some length/thickness?
about half an inch per month. Biotin will help speed up the process. You can get these in pill form.

• Informative
tetra

tetra

supernova
Jun 13, 2022
Don't obsessively brush it when you're stressed, it's not that different from ripping it out with your bare hands :'-(

• Aww..
Supersadmommy90

Supersadmommy90

Student
Sep 24, 2019
I had a major breakage, shed at age 24 lost 75 percent of my hair within 2 months prior to this hair was long and thick
hair growth stagnated for several years and barely grew, I almost gave up on my hair around that time and was 2 seconds awaty from shaving and wearing wigs
then all of a sudden unexpectedly from age 28-31 I had a pretty dramatic regrowth and hair got pretty long and thick again although not as nice as it originally was, it was close enough that i felt like myself again
fast forward to postpartum and a mega stressful bad year, and I am not quite back to square one, but ièm at about sqare 2 or 3, not as bad as my initial huge loss, but still a big loss from what i had even 12 months ago. and it will take years to regrow to a point of length and thickness i would find acceptable if i am lucky enough, waiting for another regrowth i hope and pray because female hair loss is literally horrifying

• Hugs
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Concentrate on eating enough iron and protein.
Make sure your getting vitamin a,e, and c. Also vitamin d. If you're a shut in like me you can use supplements for that.
No tight hair styles or hot tools on hair.
Wash your hair in Luke warm water.
Look at the shampoo you use. Sulfates have been said to cause hair loss. Always look for sulfate free hair products. A biotin shampoo won't do anything for hair growth but at least you'll know it won't cause hair fall.
Rosemary to some has been said to be a miracle when it comes to hair growth. But don't get the rosemary that comes in oil form. Too strong. Get the herbs from a supermarket and boil em. There are tons of tutorials on how to make and use rosemary water on youtube.
dry your hair with either a soft t shirt or micro fiber towel. Never a thick heavy towel that'll weigh your hair down.
Only comb your hair when it's dry never wet.
Biotin is good but there are skeptics. Dermatologists prefer saw palmetto.
Pumpkin seed oil is becoming popular for hair growth recently.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: [HNO], Supersadmommy90 and waitingforrest