anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
Sorry, I guess I just need to vent. I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff.

A couple months ago, the latch on my door broken suddenly and without warning. I was locked out my flat despite having my keys. Luckily, I had my phone so I go a locksmith and forced my landlord to pay up for it. Yesterday, it happened again.

It cost me £200. I didn't have my phone, it had gotten locked in. I had to pay it myself. I do not have this kind of money. I am completely fucked for finances and this is just... the tip of my iceberg. I feel like fucking killing myself. I don't even think my landlord will pay me back this time because it happened once before, and it will look weird. I hate trouble, I hate causing "drama" or issues. But I am now down a lot (LOT) of money, and I have no way of getting it back.

Outside of my shitty mental health, money is one of the biggest things that make me want to CTB. I have barely stopped crying since it happened yesterday. I don't know what to do with myself. I can't handle any shit like this. I want to curl up in a fucking ball and just die.

I just want to stop feeling.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Irunfar, letmeseethedeath, omoidarui and 11 others
L

lymbo

Arcanist
Oct 12, 2019
ur unemployed? why u have money problems?

khw777

khw777

Just trying to catch a bus!
Oct 18, 2019
Sorry, I guess I just need to vent. I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff.

A couple months ago, the latch on my door broken suddenly and without warning. I was locked out my flat despite having my keys. Luckily, I had my phone so I go a locksmith and forced my landlord to pay up for it. Yesterday, it happened again.

It cost me £200. I didn't have my phone, it had gotten locked in. I had to pay it myself. I do not have this kind of money. I am completely fucked for finances and this is just... the tip of my iceberg. I feel like fucking killing myself. I don't even think my landlord will pay me back this time because it happened once before, and it will look weird. I hate trouble, I hate causing "drama" or issues. But I am now down a lot (LOT) of money, and I have no way of getting it back.

Outside of my shitty mental health, money is one of the biggest things that make me want to CTB. I have barely stopped crying since it happened yesterday. I don't know what to do with myself. I can't handle any shit like this. I want to curl up in a fucking ball and just die.

I just want to stop feeling.
I'm Sorry for your frustration and suffering.
I know money problems can be overwhelming and horrible. I hope everything gets better for you.

Reactions: bea1974 and anonbpdgirl
L

lonelymess

Aug 31, 2019
I understand how you feel. When you are down, even the tiniest stupid things can make you go mad or panic or whatever. let alone a huge bill when you cannot afford it. It's all way too much.

Don't know if this helps, but here's my point of view , since you said you ve no one else to talk about it:
You said something broke, so that's not your fault I guess? Unless you've been slamming that door like crazy, but let's assume you didn't do anything to wreck it. That the same latch broke twice just tells me that either it wasn't fixed properly or fixing it up isnt a good idea and it needs replacement.
Maybe your landlord would think the same? Please do not assume you have to pay for it this time.

I don't know, I just hope things aren't as bad rn as they seem with this £ 200 bill.

Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, StillWaiting, bea1974 and 2 others
anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
ur unemployed? why u have money problems?
No, I am not unemployed. I study part time and work part time, around 20-30 hours a week. I am the only one paying the rent and bills, I earn minimum wage. We just about getting by. Something like this means we can't eat for weeks. It's money we don't have.

I understand how you feel. When you are down, even the tiniest stupid things can make you go mad or panic or whatever. let alone a huge bill when you cannot afford it. It's all way too much.

Don't know if this helps, but here's my point of view , since you said you ve no one else to talk about it:
You said something broke, so that's not your fault I guess? Unless you've been slamming that door like crazy, but let's assume you didn't do anything to wreck it. That the same latch broke twice just tells me that either it wasn't fixed properly or fixing it up isnt a good idea and it needs replacement.
Maybe your landlord would think the same? Please do not assume you have to pay for it this time.

I don't know, I just hope things aren't as bad rn as they seem with this £ 200 bill.
I am going to at least try to get him to pay the £200 back to me. I'm not hopeful even though I *know* it's not my fault, it's the faulty latches fault. I feel as though landlords can often look down on young tenants like me, first time renters, who they'll just presume it's their fault.

I have a really bad relationship with my mum but I've even asked her for a bit of help. Not money-wise, just advice in the situation. She can be a bit of a bull in a china shop with stuff like this.

Thanks so much for your comment. It means a lot. It's crazy how much things like this - barely even big deals - can just kill you when you're already down.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, lonelymess, Isittimetogonola and 1 other person
Crushed_Innocence

Crushed_Innocence

Hungry Ghost
Oct 16, 2019
I totally get it. SOmetimes we are hanging by a thread and we never know what little thing will be the tipping point. Are you on the first floor? Can you leave a window open or something just in case for the future? Id hate for this to happen a third time... Fuck it maybe just leave the door unlocked...lol.....

Sometimes shit happens at the WORST possible times.

Hope you find a little peace with everything..

Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, anonbpdgirl and bea1974
pain in my heart

pain in my heart

Oct 26, 2019
I'm sorry about the amount of involuntary stress bestowed upon your mental wellness. It's very much unfair for you to be taking care of everything alone.

Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, anonbpdgirl and bea1974
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
You might have some warranty with the locksmith who replaced the first one. You might have to check with them

Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, Hunter100, Rachel74 and 1 other person
anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
I totally get it. SOmetimes we are hanging by a thread and we never know what little thing will be the tipping point. Are you on the first floor? Can you leave a window open or something just in case for the future? Id hate for this to happen a third time... Fuck it maybe just leave the door unlocked...lol.....

Sometimes shit happens at the WORST possible times.

Hope you find a little peace with everything..
No I'm second floor and live in a cold country so it would be much too cold to leave the window open. Also can't leave the door unlocked - it's not one of the ones that work like that.
I'm sorry about the amount of involuntary stress bestowed upon your mental wellness. It's very much unfair for you to be taking care of everything alone.
Thank you so much. <3

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I'm sorry you're in this situation where you have to work for minimum and some property owner gets to take most of it just because. (Minimum wage is a way of saying "we'd pay you less but it's illegal." :angry:) I'm glad you're trying to get the 200 refunded! You deserve to be able to rest and have what you need.

Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies and anonbpdgirl
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
The property owner must pay for all repairs and replacements unless you did the damage to it. You have to follow thru and get them to do it. It won't happen if you don't try.

Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies, anonbpdgirl and justanotherday
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Can't you go to the police and report your landlord?

Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies
anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
Update: he's not paying me back. Says he doesn't think I should have to. Says I should've called him. Have no idea how I supposed to do that without my phone but there we go. I'm fucked.