• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Main coping mechanism for stress

• Marijuana

• Tobacco (cigarettes, cigars, E-cigarettes, etc.)

• Candy

• Processed/Junk Food (Pizza, ice cream, soda, etc.)

• Street Drugs (Meth, Cocaine, etc.)

• Prescription Drugs

• Exercise

• Community activity/volunteering

• TV/video games/Internet

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
While usually not healthy or cheap, everyone has some sort of coping mechanism.

Up to 3 choices, had to cut list short.

Reactions: norugrats12321, Sick Boy, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I put down candy/junk amd exercise. I kinda resort to my eating disorder as a sense of relief or comfort from stress.
Also wanted to put other- like perhaps self harm (cutting, bruising etc) .

Reactions: crea_the_hopeless, Bulletwbttrflywings, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I think alcohol should be a top

Reactions: Lemons, Please_stop, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
Davy

Davy

Have a great day!
Mar 24, 2019
Chronically procrastinating your issues until they become out of your control and you become overwhelmed by stressed. :ohhhh:

Reactions: temp1234, DoomedxFromBirth, not_a_robot and 8 others
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
No beer?? Say it ain't so. Mary Jane is my best friend.

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sick Boy and 1 other person
F

Funkbunny

Student
Nov 18, 2018
Denial. Procrastination. Chocolate. (Puts on best Julie Andrews voice)... these are a few of my favourite things... To cope!

Reactions: not_a_robot, Lifeisatrap and Redt2go
Your Own Ghost

Your Own Ghost

Human
Mar 12, 2019
I exercise and eat junk food.

But seeing these options leads me to believe that the real trick to coping is to smoke a marijuana and tobacco mix, chase it with some Skittles and meth, and then enjoy a nice ice cream rum float while doing situps and rewatching all of Game of Thrones. It must those kinds of experiences that really help the Prozac work while one volunteers at the animal shelter twice per week.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Deleted member 1768
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
I exercise and eat junk food.

But seeing these options leads me to believe that the real trick to coping is to smoke a marijuana and tobacco mix, chase it with some Skittles and meth, and then enjoy a nice ice cream rum float while doing situps and rewatching all of Game of Thrones. It must those kinds of experiences that really help the Prozac work while one volunteers at the animal shelter twice per week.
Came up with the list off the top of my head, ended up forgetting obvious ones like alchohol. Even though it is a drug.

Reactions: Redt2go and Your Own Ghost
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Youtube is the worst drug for me.

Reactions: BipolarExpat and Redt2go
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Mainly video games and other entertainment, and in the past, I used to try to get hugs (from people who will accept) and they go a long way in terms of copes. Nowadays, I don't put my emotional investments, copes into hugs (they're still nice if I receive them) as that is too risky/unstable, but instead in more constant and permanent things (things that are more likely to remain constant, not really fluctuate, such as hobbies, ideas, and values).

DrownedOctopus

DrownedOctopus

Experienced
Mar 2, 2019
Lol all of these at one point.
Now it's mostly just exercise, rigid healthy diet, sometimes self harm, sometimes drinking, and sleepless nights writing. Also coffee. Life isn't worth living, but coffee makes suffering cozier.
Though idk why I bother with any of it, nothing helps.

Reactions: not_a_robot, Xaphous, Redt2go and 1 other person
Please_stop

Please_stop

Apr 8, 2019
Cigarettes, alcohol and routine: coffee, work, gym during lunch break or after work, coffee, tv shows when I can, junk food when I just can't do without, coffee. Of course, I need to be mindful with booze, since it's extra calories and I can't be drunk on the job

Reactions: Redt2go
A

Addy92

Student
Mar 24, 2019
Yes please me mindful with alcohol intake.

Please_stop

Please_stop

Apr 8, 2019
Yes please me mindful with alcohol intake.
Thank you, but no worries! It's not only calories and potential problems with my job and the people in my life, it's also money I can't spare. Besides, I'm thin and I only need a small amount every now and then

Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Aside from exercise and TV/internet,

1. listening to Buddhist talks on Youtube
  2. fasting every other day to appreciate the fact that i have enough food to eat
  3. meditating daily (or at least trying to)
  4. "fasting" from internet/games
  5. reading a list of things i'm grateful for
  6. avoiding toxic people
7.not turning on the heater in order to sort of simulate the bitter chill of sleeping on the streets (so i appreciate i still have a home)
8.being aware that society "manufactures" suffering through materialism. (i.e. things that shouldn't be a problem at all are made into a problem)
9.being careful not to do a "double suffering" (i.e. being angry that i'm angry; being fed up about being fed up; being depressed that i'm depressed) I know it's counter-intuitive but the idea is to not try and get rid of the suffering, but to accept it and let it stay with you for a while, knowing that it will pass.

Reactions: rata1 and Soul
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Distracting mysell with internet stuff and alcohol for me.

X

Xena

Student
May 15, 2019

2. fasting every other day to appreciate the fact that i have enough food to eat
  6. avoiding toxic people
7.not turning on the heater in order to sort of simulate the bitter chill of sleeping on the streets (so i appreciate i still have a home)
8.being aware that society "manufactures" suffering through materialism. (i.e. things that shouldn't be a problem at all are made into a problem)
9.being careful not to do a "double suffering" (i.e. being angry that i'm angry; being fed up about being fed up; being depressed that i'm depressed) I know it's counter-intuitive but the idea is to not try and get rid of the suffering, but to accept it and let it stay with you for a while, knowing that it will pass.

6. avoiding toxic people

Wow, deep.
How does fasting that frequently affect your health

Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Wow, deep.
How does fasting that frequently affect your health

Believe it or not, during periods of hunger, i can never seem to feel depressed. I think it has the same effect as people who cut themselves to block the mental pain. But i don't go hardcore on the fasting. The most i've done is 24 hrs and i did that only once. Usually it's just 16-12 hrs of fasting.

Here's an interview of former UFC Welterweight Champion, GSP on intermittent fasting:

Reactions: Xena
X

Xena

Student
May 15, 2019
Thank you. It seems esp good if us3d to using food as a coping mechanism

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Joe just run off your depression Rogan

Just kidding Orin ;)

Reactions: not_a_robot
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Another thing i found useful is writing. Not necessarily journal writing, but simply writing what's on your mind.

Oftentimes i start writing stuff as a reply to one of the threads in this forum, then end up not posting it (most likely because it might offend someone) but the mere act of putting it into writing sort of clears my mind and i end up less anxious or confused.

Reactions: Kjo
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well i use good old drugs legal ones;) mainly codeine tramadol and the big one morphine. Sum day down the whole lot in one go get well trippy sum pass out for a few hours. The best one was out for 12 hours lucky no one was around or they would put me in hospital LOL :D

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Other: my cats

• Love
Reactions: Kjo
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
I also drink way more beer than I probably should and resort to restricting food/binging and purging

• Hugs
Reactions: TooLate2582 and Kjo
T

TooLate2582

Experienced
May 6, 2018
I have hobbies. Those and sex. It feels a void and they say I do a great job of making them feel special and loved. I guess when you want something, you give it. To bad I never receive what it is I give.
I also drink way more beer than I probably should and resort to restricting food/binging and purging
Yay for eating disorders.

Reactions: Bulletwbttrflywings
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
What about masturbation? I think it's a quite common coping means.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulletwbttrflywings
R

rata1

Arcanist
May 8, 2019

6. avoiding toxic people

i'm a little jealous :) i feel like a tried a alot this kind of activity but it seems to me as it would be impossible. perhaps it's just an excuse for not doing it. i have a lot respect and admiration for your strength continuing doing it. :smiling:

Reactions: Orin
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
I have hobbies. Those and sex. It feels a void and they say I do a great job of making them feel special and loved. I guess when you want something, you give it. To bad I never receive what it is I give.

Yay for eating disorders.
Yay for sex too

Reactions: TooLate2582
S

sillyusername69

Jun 1, 2019
Alcohol, sleeping, eating, self harm.
Honestly it's all linked to self harm anyways. Oversleeping = wasting time, not doing anything, not getting exercise or sunlight. Eating = I have an eating disorder so this kind of ties in with overeating/starving myself. Alcohol is literally poisoning yourself. Self harm, I scratch myself and sometimes choke myself to fantasize about dying.