Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
So I am a member of the Dignity in Dying campaign to help people end their lives with terminal illnesses. They are making a lot of progress but need as many signatures as possible to make legislation possible. Ahead of the next General Election, Dame Prue Leith is asking party leaders to listen to the strength of support for choice at the end of life, and bring forward a debate on assisted dying in the next Parliament.

So if you are able to sign this petition, it would be a great help to the cause and help ease the suffering of so many. Thanks guys xx

On a personal note, my mother died of agonizing pain (even with morphine) for days from cancer. I had to watch her die in the most inhumane way possible. The scars have never left me.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ReWind, rationaltake, CTBookOfLife and 12 others
chop

chop

Admіnіstrator
Aug 17, 2023
Signed! ☺️

• Love
Reactions: ternox, platypusfan and Lost Magic
hmskms

hmskms

trying to escape a world governed by sociopaths.
Jun 12, 2023
this is just another psyop to get people in the habit of discriminating when it comes to who's in need.

it is why we feel we are in this position, and why i will not be signing.

until i matter, nothing will. :zzz:

• Wow
Reactions: Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
this is just another psyop to get people in the habit of discriminating when it comes to who's in need.

it is why we feel we are in this position, and why i will not be signing.

until i matter, nothing will. :zzz:
Your choice of course, but it isn't a psyop. If Terminally ill people can't die with dignity then who can? It's a start, and if you have ever seen someone die with a terminal illness in agonizing pain you would understand this. Compassion goes a long way my friend.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, funeralcat, anhedonicNfoggy and 2 others
hmskms

hmskms

Jun 12, 2023
Your choice of course, but it isn't a psyop. If Terminally ill people can't die with dignity then who can? It's a start,
the state does not care about "able-bodied people" who want to die. that is where all rights end.
and if you have ever seen someone die with a terminal illness in agonizing pain you would understand this. Compassion goes a long way my friend.
then you'd understand why it would matter less that they're "terminally ill", vs. "they just want to die".

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
the state does not care about "able-bodied people" who want to die. that is where all rights end.

then you'd understand why it would matter less that they're "terminally ill", vs. "they just want to die".
There are already countries that have euthanasia laws for the terminally ill and some for mental illness as well. You need to start somewhere, because right now nobody has the right to die in most countries (no matter what the person is suffering from). Would you rather somebody hang themselves, jump in front of a train, or have a peaceful death (especially if they are terminally ill)? Think about it. This is a worthy cause but if you have no interest in it then just go to another thread. Simple.

Reactions: rationaltake and betternever2havbeen
hmskms

hmskms

Jun 12, 2023
There are already countries that have euthanasia laws for the terminally ill and some for mental illness as well. You need to start somewhere, because right now nobody has the right to die in most countries (no matter what the person is suffering from). Would you rather somebody hang themselves, jump in front of a train, or have a peaceful death (especially if they are terminally ill)? Think about it. This is a worthy cause but if you have no interest in it then just go to another thread. Simple.
i wouldnt rather anything. i just recognize it has undertones of neglect that i wanted to make apparent. that is all.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
i wouldnt rather anything. i just recognize it has undertones of neglect that i wanted to make apparent. that is all.
okay, no worries mate.

Reactions: hmskms

777cave

Aug 11, 2023
May be a stupid question but can only people who live in your country sign it?

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
May be a stupid question but can only people who live in your country sign it?
That's a good question, 777cave, and tbh I am not sure. You would have to try and see if it accepts your details or not. residents. Thanks for asking.

On further notice, you could maybe do something similar to what mrscat did. Clever stuff.

Last edited:
mrscat

mrscat

May 25, 2018
First I tried to sign using US zip code, then I used this zipcode SA99 1DU from UK and it worked! Signed :)

• Love
Reactions: betternever2havbeen and Lost Magic
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
From the UK (I just stay up really late!) and I'll sign for sure. Sorry to hear about your mother-I was in a similar position with my dad. I feel like you can get over a death, but sometimes you can't ever get over the suffering involved. That's the main reason I'm on this site. Until they can guarantee no one has to suffer at the end of their life (which from what I've seen they cant) they need to allow this. The effects are so wide reaching-what person at end of life needs to go through agony just for a few more weeks of life? What family members need to be traumatised forever by having to watch it and feeling guilty that they couldn't stop the pain? Blaming themselves and carrying that for a lifetime...

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake and Lost Magic
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
First I tried to sign using US zip code, then I used this zipcode SA99 1DU from UK and it worked! Signed :)
Great idea mrscat. Thanks for making the effort to do something wonderful.
From the UK (I just stay up really late!) and I'll sign for sure. Sorry to hear about your mother-I was in a similar position with my dad. I feel like you can get over a death, but sometimes you can't ever get over the suffering involved. That's the main reason I'm on this site. Until they can guarantee no one has to suffer at the end of their life (which from what I've seen they cant) they need to allow this. The effects are so wide reaching-what person at end of life needs to go through agony just for a few more weeks of life? What family members need to be traumatised forever by having to watch it and feeling guilty that they couldn't stop the pain? Blaming themselves and carrying that for a lifetime...
Amen, my friend. 🙏 I am also sorry about the pain you had to go through with your father's passing. It's not easy, and it never really goes away. And it is true nobody should have to suffer like that, neither the dying person nor the relatives. I actually fainted when I first saw my mother, and I will never forget how much utter agony she was in. Better end of life care is crucial, and the morphine just ain't cutting it. Thanks for sharing. Big love :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, rationaltake and mrscat
didntmeantohauntyou

didntmeantohauntyou

Sorry4dying
Aug 23, 2023
Signed it! Everyone deserves the right to die humanely if they choose. Especially if theyre suffering. My condolences for your mother LM

• Love
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Signed it! Everyone deserves the right to die humanely if they choose. Especially if theyre suffering. My condolences for your mother LM
Thanks, my friend! And I agree with you 100%

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and didntmeantohauntyou
ChantDuCygne

ChantDuCygne

Aug 23, 2023
I signed it. Good luck.

• Love
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

I do understand your reasoning but- how do you suppose assisted suicide is more likely to become accepted by all? Introduce it for everyone- straight away? It's not just governments who would oppose that. I imagine the vast majority of the population wouldn't like the thought of their 'healthy' loved ones being able to access it- especially their children. (Even if their children are adults.)

The general population likely would accept assisted dying for the terminally/ chronically ill. Then- hopefully- in time, attitudes will change to allow more people to access it. I doubt it will benefit 'healthy' people for a long time yet though. Likely not in our lifetimes. I think it's also important to bear in mind that- once someone has gotten to the stage where they are that ill- they may not even be able to physically manage to CTB themselves. Would you REALLY still hold the same values if it was you paralyzed in a wheelchair?

It's not that I disagree with your sentiment- I just don't think this world is ready to allow assisted suicide for all adults. I kind of doubt it will ever happen if people won't compromise to allow strict rules to begin with- that hopefully expand to encompass more people. But yeah- your sentiments are fair though.

Thanks OP. Signed it. Fingers crossed it works. Wow- if that's true and 84% of the population support it- surely, changes have to be made.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lost Magic, Per Ardua Ad Astra, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
The closest we've ever gotten in the UK to euthanasia is Harold Shipman, and how sad is that. I say introduce it for all, and bring back capital punishment while you're at it. A good hanging never hurt anyone (almost), and it brought the community together.

• Wow
  • Yay!
Reactions: Amyend88, Ruma, Lost Magic and 1 other person
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
👑 Trump will see it done. He is not stopped by invisible country borders. Godspeed

Reactions: CW36
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Trump, please run for prime minister here and not president there. Sunak and Starner are dead dodos.
Lol he's our messiah. Based on your demographics, your messiah is Saladin.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I tried signing it but when I put my zip code in it turns red and won't submit. Does it have to be a certain zip code?

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I've signed it, I watched the TV show she (Pru) made with her son about euthanasia, she gets a lot of respect from me.
I tried signing it but when I put my zip code in it turns red and won't submit. Does it have to be a certain zip code?
Yea this is only for people in the UK I think

• Love
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
I've signed it, I watched the TV show she (Pru) made with her son about euthanasia, she gets a lot of respect from me.

Yea this is only for people in the UK I think
What's a zip code I can use? I would love to help

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Signed. We've got to start somewhere. Thanks for highlighting this @Lost Magic. I'm sorry for all that you and your mother had to suffer.

• Love
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Apr 7, 2023
This worked for me SA99 1DU
That zip code worked!! Thank you! I signed it 👍 I work with hospice patients and it definitely is difficult to watch someone die, especially as stated the medication doesn't always work! I'm always advocating people to give the medication before the pain starts to keep it in their system. A lot of people view medications like morphine as killing the patient but I say if a patient needs morphine then it's already a problem and let's make them comfortable! I'm tired of people suffering and begging to simply die, now that's unethical to me!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, dialogos and Lost Magic