• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Elek

Elek

Student
Feb 2, 2019
pchart1.jpg

1.png

2.png

Reactions: WayOut, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Johnnythefox and 2 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I get what your going for but this isn't the only study linking this and it's not new. There have been several peer reviewed studies over a prolonged period of time linking the microbiome to mental health...

Reactions: goxua, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, About_to_Go and 3 others
B

BjartNO

Student
Sep 21, 2018
Gut bacteria is linked to everything

Reactions: NoOneKnows, goxua, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 4 others
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
I was hospitalized a week after eating many bags of sour gummy worms... very good but I did always suspect they might've played a role in how I was feeling.

I try to watch what I eat to help my gut bacteria... but that stuff is so impossible to understand. Pretty much everything hurts good gut bacteria, like hot coffee, grains, and other stuff I'm forgetting. It's just impossible to try and optimize your diet beyond simple macros tbh.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go and 15dec
Othermind

Othermind

-
Dec 26, 2018
I get what your going for but this isn't the only study linking this and it's not new. There have been several peer reviewed studies over a prolonged period of time linking the microbiome to mental health...
Have they found a causal link, though?
'Cause the point of those charts is that correlation does not mean causation.

Reactions: WayOut and 15dec
WayOut

WayOut

Experienced
Oct 26, 2018
I have been very interested in this since I first read about it a few months ago. My first thought was exactly what you questioned - correlation does not = causation. However, I believe that there is now evidence of a causal relationship between the gut biome and several neurological conditions including depression. This is one of many studies:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4662178/ There are other articles on the topic listed as well on that page.

Reactions: About_to_Go, Redt2go, Johnnythefox and 1 other person
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
I doubt it. It's very very rare in research to find causation though. Often takes decades after a new discovery for scientists to find causation or the why

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, About_to_Go and 15dec