zwillz

zwillz

Oct 2, 2023
So I've often thought about this way to CTB and am kinda surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here. So due to a mental health hospital stay I cannot own a firearm, and that would be my preferred method. In the USA you have to go through a background check to buy a firearm but not one to look at one in the shop or buy ammunition. So ideally for people for whatever reason cannot legally buy a gun why not purchase the ammunition of your choice caliber then go into a shop with a bullet in your pocket, ask to see a gun of the same kind, and CTB. It's a last resort if you couldn't get one and that's your wanted method or if it's not financially feasible to buy one. Just some food for thought wanted to get some opinions on this.

Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
I'm thinking from the time you ask to see/hold a gun from the time you pull a bullet out to load the gun and CTB, you'd get tackled, or something similar.

I'm more familiar with shooting range deaths, though I wonder if the protocol for being able to practice at a range would require no history mental illness, etc. It seems that would be a violation, for a range to want medical records.

All said, as much as I would def CTB vía gun shot to the head, I wouldn't do it at a store or range. If I absolutely had to pick, I guess I'd go with the range.

Daughter of Sorrow

Daughter of Sorrow

Nov 1, 2023
So, most gun shop owners and workers are armed. And they know their weapons. The weapons they show you might have a firing pin removed (depending) which would neuter the weapon, making it unable to fire. You're very likely to get tackled or shot first.

Also, please consider the effect you would have on the staff of a shop or a range. They did not ask to be a part of your CTB.

Final thought, the chamber pressure of a shotgun shell is pretty low, compared to a rifle. You could probably make a zip gun firing 00 buck pretty easily. All you need is single shot, right?

Reactions: Engström and Duality
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
So I've often thought about this way to CTB and am kinda surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here. So due to a mental health hospital stay I cannot own a firearm, and that would be my preferred method. In the USA you have to go through a background check to buy a firearm but not one to look at one in the shop or buy ammunition. So ideally for people for whatever reason cannot legally buy a gun why not purchase the ammunition of your choice caliber then go into a shop with a bullet in your pocket, ask to see a gun of the same kind, and CTB. It's a last resort if you couldn't get one and that's your wanted method or if it's not financially feasible to buy one. Just some food for thought wanted to get some opinions on this.
Yeah, what some people said here.
Firstly, you'd cause trauma to those around you. Secondly, theres a good chance that someone would tackle you to the ground. Thirdly, if you do manage to shoot yourself, you'll have people who'd immediately dial 911, and then tend to your wound to stop the bleeding. You might end up in a hospital before they send you to the looney bin.

Reactions: Engström