Oobaar

Oobaar

Nov 5, 2023
This is my first thread i think, so i am sorry if i did something wrong and english isnt my native language, sorry in advance.

Sorry its long, i divided it into parts so you can skip stuf you dont wanna read, if you wanna help.

Original plan:
Well for some months i was planning to go a gun range and shoot myself, but didnt work out.
Everything was nice first, i heard ill need a shooting buddy, cuz ranges dont want to rent guns to people when they are alone, cuz of people like me. I wanted to go with my family for my next birthday and my uncle agreed.
I wanted to shoot myself at my birthday but that didnt work out, but no problem, we gone like a month later, yesterday, well he bring with himself my younger cousin.
I got over and made my mind okey with the fact that people would see me die, even my uncle, cuz they will be old, they could manage, especially him, even tho it made me kinda sad he would see it, but he is strong and he seen some stuf.
But the cousin, he is in middle school i believe, he has it hard enough and will have it harder, i know. i was scared this would make him want to do it also.
But i got over it, well we get the guns, i masked my stress and fear wonderfully i think, noone could tell a thing. I got three revolvers. My plan was shoot from the first to get a grip how it works (so i dont point to my head, pull the trigger and nothing happens, that would be akward...), then either shoot myself from the second or third.

Why it didnt work:
Well the gun staff officer or whatever he is, was glued to me.
One of my friends goes to gun ranges regurarly ( i asked him alot of questions ), when he shoots, the safety guy is like 2 metres behind him, but with me he was on the right, next to me, the whole time, If i would try i would hit him or he would quickly grab the gun, also my cousin was waiting in the stall on my left... If i would shoot myself to the temple the bullet could exit my head and shoot him. Well i just let it be and enjoyed my time there, it was kinda nice, i shot from 45 caliber revolver i think, it was big and strong.

Concenquences/Aftermath:
Well i have problems now, i was really planning to do it, maybe if i would try i would succed. I thought i wont have future so i lived a life for few months especially the last weeks, like i wouldnt face the consequences.
I didnt do anything to school, which is a huge problem.
I had to read books and do work on some projects, i didnt, i also should have worked at the post office at the end of summer, but i just didnt, i had arguments with my family more than ever, sometimes i was mean, but to people which made me wanna do the thing. I didnt care about my partner i just wanted their touch and attention and love, i was little bit mean and sometimes too needy and handsy and even inappropriate. One of my friends doesnt even wanna talk to me anymore, also blocked on social media.

Positives:
On the positive side i shot from a huge revolver and the officer said for a newbie i managed it well! I rewatched and seen many anime i seen when i was little and wanted to see it again or always wanted to see, but never got the time, i seen Ghost in the shell, Paranoia agent, Paprika, Tokyo godfathers,The girl who leapt through time, millenium actress, many more and FLCL(which kinda changed my view on life), i downloaded doom and some other games from sus links, cuz i wanted to try again before i die, i didnt care about viruses, i should have been ded. i was hanging more with my friends and had some wonderfull times. I never was a drinker and i hated smoking (my grandfather, who was an amazing person and who raised me, cuz my father was gone for a half of my life, died too soon thanks to smoking his whole life and my mother smokes, shes mean to me). But i tried cigaretts and alcohol, i enjoyed both. I binge listened to most music that i ever loved, i tried many new foods.

And yesterday was so beatifull, we gone at night so i had whole day. I was walking through my city and nature, listening to music, the sky was just beautifull, it was sad but happy, melancholic, nostalgic, wonderfull, it was the most beautifull day of my life, i never felt so happy and so full, i felt so at peace, i was happy with my life, i felt satisfied with it, this was the last day of my life.

What now
But i am here, i still wanna die, i have some options.

1. the gun range again and maybe next time the officer will be further away. Tho i think the next time ill be able to will be at christmass, so ill have to wait and ehm, i will be roasted in school and more.

2. Theres a bridge near where i live, its pretty low, but there are cars driving under it. I would probably have to try to time it right to get hit by a car. This bridge has wonderfull view on my city, when sun sets, even at day and at night, i sometimes just stay there and look, people driving under me must think i wanna jump. Heh

3. I can buy a rope, but i dont know whats good or not, i read some threads and posts but idk. At the moment the only rope i found i could buy is from a sport shop thats far away. (But i think the walk would be nice if i would wanna do it the same day. I could go to the more of end of the day to catch a nice sunset on the way back through the nature and even pass some nice spots, with nice views or memories.)
Its a climbing rope, kinda thin and maybe made from some synthetic material, it looks streatchy, maybe plastic? Idk. And i dont have much spots where to hang myself + they are not perfect:
a)in my room on doorknob

b)in house under wooden beam, theres alot but somebody could save me

c)in forest, but with my luck i could choose a spot where i walk everyday and spot nobody but on that particular day the police and paramedics would just decide to go on a walk and find me

d)drop from the bridge with a noose around my neck?

Well, got any suggestions, help, advice?
also sorry if this was too long. Thanks in advance to anyone for anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: iloveloving, GuessWhosBack and locked*n*loaded
B

Bubbly

Aug 8, 2024
Every video I've seen of a gun range suicide involved a guy breathing down the person's neck. I wonder if they do this to first timers and back off from regulars like your friend, somebody else will have to answer that. The method you're describing jumping into traffic has killed people driving in the past so I really hope you don't do that. Partial hanging is infamous for a reason I've tried it, nobody can survive full suspension though. I'm really glad to hear you got to experience all those cool things and I wish you the best.

Reactions: Oobaar
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I think putting the gun deep in the mouth aiming up , aiming at the brain stem. or by the ear pointing at brain stem works better than the temple , a little lower from the temple like to middle of the side of the head where the brain stem is

I've seen a lot of gun range suicides and other suicides on the watch people die website

Last edited:
Reactions: Oobaar
Kassiee

Kassiee

I love this forum and this community 💕 💗 ✨
Apr 10, 2023
I have direct access to a firearm and considered ctb this way but idk its quite scary and im terrified of the chances of survival

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I have direct access to a firearm and considered ctb this way but idk its quite scary and im terrified of the chances of survival
same. ive got all kinds of guns. i just dont want to go out that way, ya know?
want it to be peaceful, not gruesome and violent

Kassiee

Kassiee

Apr 10, 2023
same. ive got all kinds of guns. i just dont want to go out that way, ya know?
want it to be peaceful, not gruesome and violent
yeah, ive personally been more focused on looking into jumping or hanging

max_vader2

max_vader2

Aug 27, 2024
Man, killing yourself in front of others is a bad way to go.

I'm sorry for what you are going through. Please don't involve anyone else in you decision

• Hmph!
Reactions: nir, Plentiful_Despair and Kassiee
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
yeah, ive personally been more focused on looking into jumping or hanging
if it comes to it, ill likely use fentanyl or some other synthetic opioid. seems like the most peaceful option i could semi easily aquire

A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024

I'm sorry for what you are going through. Please don't involve anyone else in you decision
Not everyone has the luxury of a choice. We should not be condemning or judging people for what they're driven to do because there aren't better alternatives

Reactions: Oobaar, Plentiful_Despair and Kassiee
Kassiee

Kassiee

Apr 10, 2023
if it comes to it, ill likely use fentanyl or some other synthetic opioid. seems like the most peaceful option i could semi easily aquire
that sounds nice, unfortunately for me my preferred options are super limited especially because of where I live

• Aww..
Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
that sounds nice, unfortunately for me my preferred options are super limited especially because of where I live
where do you live? if thats something you are willing to share?

Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Student
Aug 23, 2024
Before I had my own gun I went to the shooting range to try them and same situation, the guy was like 50 cm away from my body the whole time, and when I aimed he went directly behind me, I could fucking feel his breath. These instructors are really fucking creepy

• Wow
Reactions: annointed_towers
Kassiee

Kassiee

Apr 10, 2023
where do you live? if thats something you are willing to share?
I live currently in the cayman islands, although we move a lot because or my parents business. ive been trying to find jumping places or things that are accessible around the riverview-tampa area in florida because we will be going back there soon

Oobaar

Oobaar

Nov 5, 2023
Every video I've seen of a gun range suicide involved a guy breathing down the person's neck. I wonder if they do this to first timers and back off from regulars like your friend, somebody else will have to answer that. The method you're describing jumping into traffic has killed people driving in the past so I really hope you don't do that. Partial hanging is infamous for a reason I've tried it, nobody can survive full suspension though. I'm really glad to hear you got to experience all those cool things and I wish you the best.
Thank you, i wont try the traffic method, ill probably go with the rope. Thank you and also hope you the best.

nir

nir

26/F/Canada
Aug 18, 2024

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I agree. Especially don't do it in front of a middle schooler. People who witness suicides are more likely to develop PTSD, depression, and suicidality themselves. While I disagree that suicide is selfish, I don't think it's a good option to do it around a lot of unsuspecting people. This may be harsh, but just because you hate your life to the point of wanting to die does not mean you should inflict that kind of potential misery on others just to get out of it yourself. Again, it's harsh, but it's reality and I don't think we should necessarily coddle people about the implications of their actions just because they're suicidal.