• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

moontime62

May 3, 2023
I've read through the mega thread on guns and have come to the conclusion that I should get a .357 revolver. I have never shot a gun before other than a friend's .22 many years ago. I am a small woman and a bit unsteady. I plan to aim towards the soft palate and up 10 degrees. I'm worried that I'll have trouble loading it and steadying it. I don't want it to go off before I need it too. Lastly, what if they try to steer me towards a smaller gun at the store? Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: lessthanperfect, leavingsoon99 and thrutrekfinaly
pharmacoepia

pharmacoepia

STEM nerd that is pro-CTB. Asmov looks far-out eh?
Apr 9, 2023
A little bit of an alert: firearms are extremely unpredictable. People have been fully responsive and awake with some brain matter blown off. Unless you are absolutely sure you have the correct angles, a revolver might not be the best choice as you need to be very precise with a .357, unlike a shotgun which only has a small chance of you living after.

If they try to steer you away, first, ask yourself why? If you are legally allowed to own a .375, then simply insist on it no matter what. They may have a point in switching you to a another gun though, which i why i advise you to ask yourself why they would be making the decision in the first place?

Hope you don't have much resistance when purchasing it. Good luck.

Reactions: lessthanperfect
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
I would get a 12 gauge shotgun. That has much more ability to hold steady. Using 00 buck is like a grenade going off in your head.

Reactions: PapaYeehaw, lessthanperfect, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
tomoki

tomoki

Mar 8, 2023
what kind of ammunition will you use with a 12 gauge (slug, buckshot...)??

M

moontime62

May 3, 2023
A little bit of an alert: firearms are extremely unpredictable. People have been fully responsive and awake with some brain matter blown off. Unless you are absolutely sure you have the correct angles, a revolver might not be the best choice as you need to be very precise with a .357, unlike a shotgun which only has a small chance of you living after.

If they try to steer you away, first, ask yourself why? If you are legally allowed to own a .375, then simply insist on it no matter what. They may have a point in switching you to a another gun though, which i why i advise you to ask yourself why they would be making the decision in the first place?

Thank you. I would prefer the shotgun but I am 5'2" with the short arms that come with this height. I'm thinking that I couldn't reach the trigger.

thrutrekfinaly

thrutrekfinaly

May 4, 2023
I would get a 12 gauge shotgun. That has much more ability to hold steady. Using 00 buck is like a grenade going off in your head.
Id second the shotgun Incentive, go to cheaper than dirt website as well you can get a great 12 gauge for like 200-700 bucks depending on you taste in style of shot gun I have a short barrel ar-15 style gun. Id also go with 000 instead of 00 buckshot. Either will do the trick though. I'm not gunna use it for myself simply cause of the mess it leave behind. I have a 9mm but idk, I'm not confident in that. If I had a 45 I'd use that , I wouldnt aim for brain stem id go with the above the temple method as it destroys both hemispheres of the brain. I'm not confident I could properly get the brain stem, unless I used the shot gun.
I've read through the mega thread on guns and have come to the conclusion that I should get a .357 revolver. I have never shot a gun before other than a friend's .22 many years ago. I am a small woman and a bit unsteady. I plan to aim towards the soft palate and up 10 degrees. I'm worried that I'll have trouble loading it and steadying it. I don't want it to go off before I need it too. Lastly, what if they try to steer me towards a smaller gun at the store? Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheaper than dirt website, look for options there. Cheap good reliable gunna and ammo.

Reactions: lessthanperfect, pthnrdnojvsc and agonysgrin
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
what kind of ammunition will you use with a 12 gauge (slug, buckshot...)??
both will turn your head into a pile of mush. I have slugs currently but the gun isn't my primary ctb method I'd advise others to use shot. If you survive being shot in the head with almost 10 .33 cal pellets at once from point blank range then you are probably immortal.

Reactions: lessthanperfect and pthnrdnojvsc
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
There's a video clip I saw on Reddit of a guy who blew his face off. He was in some hospital and his breath came out of his face like steam.

Reactions: lessthanperfect and deathLiberation
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
A .357 could definitely work, but it's all about your aim. This is true with any firearm. There are cases where people have used high-powered shotguns and actually MISSED. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but it would be in your best interest to start 'dry firing'. That helps a lot with steadying your hand. You can try different angles, holds, and positions with your weapon. Make sure you're using JHP ammo. That will cause more destruction. Finally, RELAX. Do your diligent research. DO NOT rely on just us on here. There are a lot of 'experts' lurking on these sites that will make ctb by firearm seem like rocket science. Read up on your weapon and gain understanding of its power. Practice by 'dry fire'. Make sure this is something that you can bring yourself to do. It's not easy at first, but the more you practice and research, the more comfortable and confident you will get... increasing the likelihood of success.

Good luck and love to you, whatever you choose to do.

deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
Everytime people bring guns as a method i remember that russian guy that was placed in an ambulance, still alive, without a face, still breathing and moaning, no nose, eyes, mouth...what a shitshow

You better know really well what you are doing.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Everytime people bring guns as a method i remember that russian guy that was placed in an ambulance, still alive, without a face, still breathing and moaning, no nose, eyes, mouth...what a shitshow

Is that the one.i mentioned?

Reactions: lessthanperfect and deathLiberation
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
It's probably too easy to overthink this. Yes, it's possible to cherry pick examples of people messing up a firearm CTB but it's rare. Nearly any gunshot to the head of any caliber will be fatal.

Reactions: lessthanperfect and 2Toes
A

agonysgrin

May 5, 2023
Wow that's exactly what's on my mind. I want advice too, I'm small w 357 too. From what I know from my x he succeeded, 44 mag w silvertip hollowpoints. That will go through a bear skull from what I read. Position shit I'd never go through the front of my face. I was told your heart n breathing is in the back. Not the temple the soft part behind your ear. Sorry I should be more positive but I can't I want out so bad and I'm scared of the kick and wonder if 38 special would do it. Plus the torsion I've already had head injuries what if the bullet moves. Fuck 😞
Thank you. I would prefer the shotgun but I am 5'2" with the short arms that come with this height. I'm thinking that I couldn't reach the trigger.
Dude snub nosed

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
It's the demon inside the bullet that decides whether or not to kill you.

• Hmph!
Reactions: lessthanperfect and RoundaboutResolved
A

agonysgrin

May 5, 2023
There's a video clip I saw on Reddit of a guy who blew his face off. He was in some hospital and his breath came out of his face like steam.
Yeah old friend missed, they called him butthole face ☹️

A

agonysgrin

May 5, 2023

I think of that book Johnny's got a gun or something like that. Came back from war w no face limbs. I wanna be damn sure I'm not in a damn coma or something.
How long did he live after?
No idea I passed through different friend groups. Wish I knew, I mean he was kind of happy he missed 😬 if I were him I'd give it a second shot
Stupid question but does anyone watch luth Luther on YouTube. Plastic surgery was originally for soldiers. The faces get crazy. Also half head Rodriguez or some shit. I'm going for the bottom of the skull, but should I aim lower cuz the kick?

Last edited:
M

moontime62

May 3, 2023
Thanks. I don't think I could reach the trigger.
Wow that's exactly what's on my mind. I want advice too, I'm small w 357 too. From what I know from my x he succeeded, 44 mag w silvertip hollowpoints. That will go through a bear skull from what I read. Position shit I'd never go through the front of my face. I was told your heart n breathing is in the back. Not the temple the soft part behind your ear. Sorry I should be more positive but I can't I want out so bad and I'm scared of the kick and wonder if 38 special would do it. Plus the torsion I've already had head injuries what if the bullet moves. Fuck 😞

Dude snub nosed
Snub nosed? Please elaborate.
A .357 could definitely work, but it's all about your aim. This is true with any firearm. There are cases where people have used high-powered shotguns and actually MISSED. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but it would be in your best interest to start 'dry firing'. That helps a lot with steadying your hand. You can try different angles, holds, and positions with your weapon. Make sure you're using JHP ammo. That will cause more destruction. Finally, RELAX. Do your diligent research. DO NOT rely on just us on here. There are a lot of 'experts' lurking on these sites that will make ctb by firearm seem like rocket science. Read up on your weapon and gain understanding of its power. Practice by 'dry fire'. Make sure this is something that you can bring yourself to do. It's not easy at first, but the more you practice and research, the more comfortable and confident you will get... increasing the likelihood of success.

Good luck and love to you, whatever you choose to do.
Thank you! Any suggestions for research? Sorry, but I'm really needing some ideas.

Last edited:
blacksand

blacksand

Experienced
May 2, 2023
I have 3 types of cartridge
the slug seems radical to me but I'm afraid it will literally blow my skull off, as long as the other two I don't know if they are powerful enough (this cartridge sounds for small game)

advice?
View attachment 110381
It all works honestly if the gun angle is right. The weight of lead is similar between those loads. I still have a liking of the slug because it travels faster and I just feel it probably penetrates bone better but the buckshot or birdshot makes a nice cloud of pellets that act similar to a giant slug at close range though at a lower velocity.
I think of that book Johnny's got a gun or something like that. Came back from war w no face limbs. I wanna be damn sure I'm not in a damn coma or something.

No idea I passed through different friend groups. Wish I knew, I mean he was kind of happy he missed 😬 if I were him I'd give it a second shot
Stupid question but does anyone watch luth Luther on YouTube. Plastic surgery was originally for soldiers. The faces get crazy. Also half head Rodriguez or some shit. I'm going for the bottom of the skull, but should I aim lower cuz the kick?
Johnny got his gun is about someone hit by a shell I think.

Last edited:
C

compassionexitneed

Apr 29, 2023
Hello wondering if you have it figured out yet. I'm in the similar situation trying to figure this out and buy one , I'm 52 5 ft 6 but very thin

ditsyking

ditsyking

Jun 1, 2023

I'm sorry if my question is stupid but I read a lot about shotguns. Aren't shotguns too large to place them in the mouth or towards the head?

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
You do not need a .357. You can get a .38 or 9MM like glock and bonded hollowpoint ammo. Ballistic tests show there is virtually no difference id killing power between 38 357 9mm 10mm .44 .45 if you hit the right place any will if not nope., 357 was used by highhun. way patrol men because they were usually alone no back up. you have to cock it single fire.
gun and only blew off her jaw.
Honestly for price of one of a 357 you could about buy ar-15 or less a shot gun and stick in mouth. if you stick shot gun in mouth I cannot imagine any one surviving. dont stick under chin, A lady in my area did that with a shot shotgun under chin and mere.y blew off her jave and had to get like 19 face surgeries. A 12 guage )) buckshot is 8 or 9 9mm balls. they spreas 1 inch per yard so hole in head is like 1 inch but blast will f you up also. and AR-15 bullet is about 3 times faster than pistol so migh do more damage than pistol

Reactions: majortom and pthnrdnojvsc
R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
A .357 bullet is same diameter basically as a 38 is .380 in a longer shell with more powder. If you his what you need to a 38 is plenty. yhou could get a +p round.