Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I ordered a 45acp pistol for CTB as a backup. My main method is SN but wanted to have a gun just in case.

I took my first pistol home 2 weeks ago. Let me tell you, gun ownership is SO EXCITING! I have not felt very excited about anything for a long time. I sneak into my bedroom to check out the gun inside my nightstand at least once a day.

24/7 CTB thoughts, active planning, and browsing suicide threads habits are almost gone! I used to spend most of my free time on SS and now I spend it on watching YouTube videos about guns and reading posts about guns on reddit and quora. My circumstances didn't change. My life didn't change. I just don't care about CTB anymore. I know I can CTB anytime I want if I need to.

I discovered a new hobby! I admire the 2nd amendment. I wrote the post because many folks advocate for gun control laws and use gun suicide statistics to push their agenda. In my case, having suicide tools available in my bedroom made me calm and confident.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat, whatevs, DeutscheKartoffel and 15 others
C

corvoscuro

Feb 24, 2022
Apparently this is very common among suicidal people, once they find a way or a means to reliably do it quickly and painlessly, they feel better and LESS suicidal because they now know they have the OPTION to do it if things get worse. I wish I had a gun as well. DO you live in the US? Can you just go to a weapons shop and buy a gun, no questions asked? I envy you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat, BrokenLine, Sunset Limited and 4 others
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
Apparently this is very common among suicidal people, once they find a way or a means to reliably do it quickly and painlessly, they feel better and LESS suicidal because they now know they have the OPTION to do it if things get worse. I wish I had a gun as well. DO you live in the US? Can you just go to a weapons shop and buy a gun, no questions asked? I envy you.
I live in the US. No, there is a federal background check required. I passed the background check and picked my gun within 2 hours. The laws are different in every state. My state is gun-friendly.

• Hugs
Reactions: Depressed Cat and corvoscuro
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Guns are fucking awesome
DSC_0212.JPG

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Depressed Cat, Rogue Proxy, Fragile and 6 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
you seem like an experienced shooter! the one on the left is very interesting
It's a remington equivalent to the ruger 22, but with a sick ass boyds stock lol. I have a pre ban 30 round banana mag for it :) The banana mag is... complete and utter trash, but it looks neat

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Crazy4u
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
04b.jpg

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo and Crazy4u
y0dha

y0dha

Student
Feb 10, 2022
Gosh you are so lucky guys, I live in France and it's impossible to get a gun leggaly except if you have hunter licence or sport shooting licence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
I'm happy for you! I'm glad you've found some relief. Life is full of irony.

But damn I envy you. I live in a shithole blue state. I'd never be able to get a gun.

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Crazy4u
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
He is violating a gun safety rule. His finger shouldn't be on the trigger.
It's not. His finger is straight, not even in the guard. The trigger on a 1911 doesn't pivot, it slides. Not to mention, from where the trigger is, there isn't a round in the chamber. This is where the trigger is on a 1911 ready to fire. Notice how much more forward it is.

1911 series 1600x1200 2

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021

But damn I envy you. I live in a shithole blue state. I'd never be able to get a gun.
Oh no. I read some posts about gun ownership in ca and ny. It sounds like a nightmare.
It's not. His finger is straight, not even in the guard. The trigger on a 1911 doesn't pivot, it slides. Not to mention, from where the trigger is, there isn't a round in the chamber. This is where the trigger is on a 1911 ready to fire. Notice how much more forward it is.

View attachment 88092
I noticed the difference in the trigger. I didn't know the gun was unloaded! Need to watch some youtube videos about 1911

Instructors and rsos tell me to put my finger on the slide when I am not shooting

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Guns are fucking awesome
DSC_0212.JPG
Guns are, I hate that ammo has basically doubled in price since the start of the pandemic. If anyone has any AKs or guns that run 7.62x39, I would highly recommend stocking up on ammo now. I heard Russian-made ammo can't be shipped to the US for the time being. That's going to raise the price of this cartridge substantially.

Here's my collection:
IMG 20220308 003514  01

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: whatevs, Fragile, Interloper and 3 others
I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
Sort of same thing happened to me but with owning SN.

• Love
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Guns are, I hate that ammo has basically doubled in price since the start of the pandemic. If anyone has any AKs or guns that run 7.62x39, I would highly recommend stocking up on ammo now. I heard Russian-made ammo can't be shipped to the US for the time being. That's going to raise the price of this cartridge substantially.

Here's my collection:
View attachment 88136
I sense a severe lack of classic wood stock (especially milsurp) rifles, but that's a very nice selection of modern black freedom dispensers.

Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Here's my collection:
I just popped a semi.

@Small_Dreams I am really glad you ended up liking it as a hobby, I am actually smiling. I remember your posts about how nervous you were about the training sessions!

• Love
WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021

Same here, not that my family would approve for some reason.

• Hugs
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I think the gun is the best method. But I'm not brave enough to pull the trigger.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I would love to be American and have guns, a magnum 9mn and a silver lady like small one. Shame Europeans are so strict.

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
I would love to be American and have guns, a magnum 9mn and a silver lady like small one. Shame Europeans are so strict.
There are many European countries that allow gun ownership, no? I guess if it's not legal where you live, moving just so you can get a gun is silly. The Baltic states and Czechia even allow concealed carry.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Wow, this is a surprising thread! What's surprising is that gun ownership would have such a positive impact on a suicidal person. That's great to read, that you are recovering!

Here's my collection:
View attachment 88136
To an European person this looks like the arsenal of a sicario or a whole freaking gang of drug dealers.

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Wow, this is a surprising thread! What's surprising is that gun ownership would have such a positive impact on a suicidal person. That's great to read, that you are recovering!

To an European person this looks like the arsenal of a sicario or a whole freaking gang of drug dealers.
Haha, thanks. Most of them just sit in a case in the closet.

Reactions: whatevs