• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

IHurtTheOneILove

IHurtTheOneILove

Experienced
Dec 16, 2023
Guy getting me my gun said he's backed up out of town. It'll have to be tomorrow. It's fine bcus CTB plans were for tomorrow but it's making me second guess everything, which I cant afford to.

This has to happen this week, I've been pushing it off too long.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Trakehner, dragonofenvy, thegoldengirls and 1 other person
thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Guy getting me my gun said he's backed up out of town. It'll have to be tomorrow. It's fine bcus CTB plans were for tomorrow but it's making me second guess everything, which I cant afford to.

A day doesn't seem too bad, but I understand the frustration when you want to ctb so badly.
Are you in the US? I'm having a hard time finding a source.

IHurtTheOneILove

IHurtTheOneILove

Experienced
Dec 16, 2023
A day doesn't seem too bad, but I understand the frustration when you want to ctb so badly.
Are you in the US? I'm having a hard time finding a source.
I'm in the US but my source is just a local drug dealer lol. If i didnt have this connection I'd be totally fucked haha

Reactions: broth0100 and thegoldengirls
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024

How long have you been postponing to CTB?

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
Ah. I was gonna help with the legal route. The illegal route I not only can't help with but also don't want to be involved in.
I complerly understand. If it was the legal route, what would that even entail?
I'm in the US but my source is just a local drug dealer lol. If i didnt have this connection I'd be totally fucked haha
You're lucky you have an out whenever you're ready. Do you think you're going to get SI? Make sure this is what you want before acting on it. Regardless, I hope you find peace either way.

Last edited:
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I was going to post a thread about this once I actually got my hands on a gun.

You want to make sure your photo ID is up to date as even the slightest discrepancy will make you ineligible for purchase. Usually, that would just mean the dealer tells you to get it updated. If your state is extremely restrictive like mine you'll probably need to get a permit to purchase or a concealed carry permit depending on the gun you want to buy. I want a .45 caliber pistol so I'd need one of those. Permit to purchase you just submit a form to your sheriff and they do the exact same background check a dealer does. Concealed carry requires taking a firearms class. This can be done online but you have to show up to range day in-person. You'll learn gun safety and when you can use a gun in a defense situation, and how to use a gun. This usually doesn't take too long.

Then you go to the dealer. This is the hard part. They're gonna ask why you want a gun, what kind of gun you're looking for, price range, caliber, what you'll use it for, how often you'll use it, etc. Dealers overwhelmingly stop most gun purchases. The government doesn't do shit other than check if you've been involuntarily institutionalized and if you're a criminal. I've seen stories of dealers rejecting a purchase simply because someone was so eager to purchase a handgun that they didn't even want to hold it. If you act like a normal person that isn't very agitated you'll be fine. The dealers are mainly asking the questions just to see if you're sketchy but also to try to help you make the best purchase. You don't have to be a gun nut you can just say "I want a gun for self-defense but I'm not really sure what I should get" and they'd help you, that's why they're asking the questions they want to help you make the best purchase while gauging if you're going to be nefarious.

Once you make your choice. You fill out one page (depends on the state) of paperwork that's basically just giving them your information and consenting to allow a background check. Background check goes through, a few minutes pass and you have your gun. Unless you live in a state like mine, then expect to wait for several days because reasons.

Of course, you're not getting it for self-defense so you'd wanna be specific about what you want while claiming you want it for self-defense, hunting, sport, shooting range, fun, whatever. Shotgun slugs are gonna be really effective on you. A 9mm pistol to your skull will not unless you aim correctly to hit the brain stem. That's hard.

Sorry for the text wall I tend to be a little over-detailed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Trakehner and thegoldengirls
pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
involuntarily institutionalized
well fuck me, i guess. do you know anything else about this? i was hospitalized a ton (around 10 times between 2 different states) as a teen. do you think i'd still be valid once i turn 21? i live in the US in a very pro-gun and free state (take a guess xD), if that helps anything. there are tons of gun shops near me. if you have any type of info i'd appreciate it. sorry for bombarding you with questions, you seem very knowledgable.

thegoldengirls

thegoldengirls

Student
Feb 10, 2024
I was going to post a thread about this once I actually got my hands on a gun.

You want to make sure your photo ID is up to date as even the slightest discrepancy will make you ineligible for purchase. Usually, that would just mean the dealer tells you to get it updated. If your state is extremely restrictive like mine you'll probably need to get a permit to purchase or a concealed carry permit depending on the gun you want to buy. I want a .45 caliber pistol so I'd need one of those. Permit to purchase you just submit a form to your sheriff and they do the exact same background check a dealer does. Concealed carry requires taking a firearms class. This can be done online but you have to show up to range day in-person. You'll learn gun safety and when you can use a gun in a defense situation, and how to use a gun. This usually doesn't take too long.

Then you go to the dealer. This is the hard part. They're gonna ask why you want a gun, what kind of gun you're looking for, price range, caliber, what you'll use it for, how often you'll use it, etc. Dealers overwhelmingly stop most gun purchases. The government doesn't do shit other than check if you've been involuntarily institutionalized and if you're a criminal. I've seen stories of dealers rejecting a purchase simply because someone was so eager to purchase a handgun that they didn't even want to hold it. If you act like a normal person that isn't very agitated you'll be fine. The dealers are mainly asking the questions just to see if you're sketchy but also to try to help you make the best purchase. You don't have to be a gun nut you can just say "I want a gun for self-defense but I'm not really sure what I should get" and they'd help you, that's why they're asking the questions they want to help you make the best purchase while gauging if you're going to be nefarious.

Once you make your choice. You fill out one page (depends on the state) of paperwork that's basically just giving them your information and consenting to allow a background check. Background check goes through, a few minutes pass and you have your gun. Unless you live in a state like mine, then expect to wait for several days because reasons.

Of course, you're not getting it for self-defense so you'd wanna be specific about what you want while claiming you want it for self-defense, hunting, sport, shooting range, fun, whatever. Shotgun slugs are gonna be really effective on you. A 9mm pistol to your skull will not unless you aim correctly to hit the brain stem. That's hard.

Sorry for the text wall I tend to be a little over-detailed.
Thanks for the information. I'll use this as a guide.
I'm a state away from NYC so my state requires I apply at my local police department.
I've invested so much in my original method, so, if that doesn't work I'll do the application in the meantime.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
well fuck me, i guess. do you know anything else about this? i was hospitalized a ton (around 10 times between 2 different states) as a teen. do you think i'd still be valid once i turn 21? i live in the US in a very pro-gun and free state (take a guess xD), if that helps anything. there are tons of gun shops near me. if you have any type of info i'd appreciate it. sorry for bombarding you with questions, you seem very knowledgable.
I was also institutionalized at 17. Not involuntarily as far as I know though. If you were a minor you should be fine. You can appeal the FBI's decision to deny should they do so. Whether you live in a pro-gun or anti-gun state has no bearing on the FBI's background check. Here is a Wikipedia link to what they check for. As far as I know, being institutionalized as a minor won't affect it. Some people who were voluntarily committed also were able to purchase firearms. The FBI only stops about 2% of the total sales, mostly from felons, fugitives, and those with misdemeanor domestic criminal histories. My state for example requires a court-ordered institutionalization, so you will almost certainly be okay considering that I live in the most anti-2A state besides California and New York.

I'll use this as a guide.
Don't use me as a guide. Make sure you do your own research. I don't think I'm 100% correct on everything considering I haven't yet purchased a gun, just did a lot of research on my state's laws specifically as well as experiences when my dad took me with him to purchase me a gun for hunting at age 10, and again at 15.

• Informative
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
IHurtTheOneILove

IHurtTheOneILove

Experienced
Dec 16, 2023
What kind of gun? Caliber?
1911 .45 caliber

You're lucky you have an out whenever you're ready. Do you think you're going to get SI? Make sure this is what you want before acting on it. Regardless, I hope you find peace either way.
I will probably get SI but whateva. I'm planning on driving out of state for my final day. Not sure which direction I'm gonna head but preferably somewhere far and then I'll just shoot myself. Idk I keep thinking abt what life could turn out to be for me and honestly, i have a lot going for me. But whatever, I'm just sick of all of this I want out. Plus rhe thought of being seen as a tragedy rules🤭

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, thegoldengirls and dragonofenvy
Kassiee

Kassiee

I love this forum and this community 💕 💗 ✨
Apr 10, 2023
i plan on using my dads lol, regardless i wish you the best of luck <3