InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
My parents just found my SN and asked me what it is. I said it is a salt I will use for curing meat, they believed it and gave it back to me.

Now I'm feeling guilty, thinking how bad they will feel when I ctb using that "curing salt".

Probably they will blame themselves for the rest of their lives, because they had the chance to prevent it from happening.

Has anyone been through something similar? Do you feel guilty for lying to your family?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Jack4230
U

Ulisses

Arcanist
Feb 21, 2020
I have the same thought. I asked my mom to buy sn, saying it was a vitamin. I feel guilty about leaving my family. how can you not feel guilty? good question.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i haven't been through something similar, but i do think that guilt is unavoidable if you have loved ones. it's sad that they blame themselves, when oftentimes there's nothing they can do to deter a person from ctb, only delay their inevitable departure.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I understand your feelings, but the unfortunate truth is that they will blame themselves anyway. No matter the method you choose, if you do end up catching the bus, they will blame themselves in some way. It's one of the most challenging things we deal with as suicidal people — the feelings and thoughts of those we leave behind. The equally difficult truth is that we have no control over that and can do little to affect it.

Reactions: MisjudgedCutie94 and foxdie
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I lie to my parents a lot tbh. Lying is part of social interaction; it doesn't feel good, but in a lot of situations we basically have to lie to avoid conflict. It may not feel nice to lie to loved ones, but if you think what you are doing is right for you then it is just you making your decision.

Reactions: MisjudgedCutie94