Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Shame, grief. Anyone experience it?

Reactions: jakaka
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Shame is my most faithful companion. I've had an exaggerated sense of shame all my life. Most times I am ashamed for just being me - this broken piece of machinery- but there have been times when I've felt deep shame over mistakes I've made.

Grief... I've grieved people but also grieved a life free from illness. My psychologist once told me chronic illness patients need to know it's ok to grieve not being healthy, coz that is a huge loss.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame
ashedout

ashedout

Jan 22, 2021
Yeah guilt, shame, and grief are major themes of my life. I'm working with an EMDR therapist on those feelings because they are associated with my CPTSD. It's helped but I'm not free of them. It's exhausting.

• Hugs
Reactions: Callie Arcale
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
You might find it useful to read about toxic shame, which is when this feeling goes deep and becomes a chronic problem.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I have this backwards. I'm not ashamed or grieved by anything I did or any choices I've made, but I'm ashamed and grieved by my human nature that I can't do anything about.

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Thank you for your inputs. Please don't be aftaid to elaborate although I'm not looking to guilt (lol) anyone into it. I only ask because these three things are the cornerstones of my quote-unquote despair. And so I am curious what other people have to say about it.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
In rare cases, grief over being disconnected from a crucial part of myself, without which I'm weak and life is bleak and not worth experiencing. I'm ashamed of this weakness but accepting this part of myself would also mean accepting it as my sole and indisputable master. I feel bitter and resentful about serving it again. There are at least two things that can unite us: common enemy (invader), or series of mental breakdowns.