L

Lovestolearn

Jan 2, 2021
Is there way to numb thd guilt felt at ctb? I know I'm doing the right thing. The only thing I can do but I thinking about people mourning my death.

• Love
Reactions: leaf23
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
"According to Eternity magazine the feeling of guilt has been linked to gamephenomene. Dow Chemical is developing a minty gel which will eliminate excess guilt, but, unfortunately it won't be on the market for another six months." - Lisa Simpson

Attachments

• tumblr_m9gyj2QYTp1qgllp5o1_1280.png
    tumblr_m9gyj2QYTp1qgllp5o1_1280.png
    489.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: leaf23, eternaltroubador and GenesAndEnvironment
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Try objectively making a list, written or mental notes, of why you are sure you want to CTB.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Lovestolearn, Toptock and 2 others
E

eternaltroubador

Jan 30, 2021
Man, let me know if you find out. its the only thing left making it difficult.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Lovestolearn and leaf23
L

lostmyself

Jan 28, 2021
Do you want to live for other people's happiness or your own?

Reactions: spoonie
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Whenever I feel guilty about ctb, I just remember that once I'm gone, I won't care about this world or people I love anymore because I just won't exist.

The thing is, you gotta be selfish and ignore everyone in order to successfully ctb. I wonder if I'll be able to...! (I'm trying to live on, for now)

Reactions: spoonie and Pen>Sword
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
The thing is, you gotta be selfish and ignore everyone in order to successfully ctb. I wonder if I'll be able to...! (I'm trying to live on, for now)
Ctb isnt selfish. Its a decision, yes, but not a selfish one.

When it comes to suppressing guilt i find its easy once you realize the world won't experience the slightest change whether you stay or go, even for the people in your life.

When you lost a loved one, were you crippled forever? Did it cause a global war? Or did you take maybe a year to get over it with the occasional bittersweet memory afterward?

When people die, nothing at all changes. People want to believe it has an effect, but they're being overly sentimental about death. When you die (no offense at all intended, the same thing applies to me as well) everyone will just miss you, and thats it. They'll forget you and move on. Your gf will find a new man, probably better, your parents will do what they've always done when they dont talk to you and same with your friends of 20+ years. It sucks but humans are strong when it comes to adapting.

That doesnt mean you should do it, take the time to examine what they bring to your life, is it good? Is it bad? Would you at all be happier if THEY were to leave your life? Examine things from the outside as a stranger to your life before committing

Reactions: kite
L

Lovestolearn

Jan 2, 2021
"According to Eternity magazine the feeling of guilt has been linked to gamephenomene. Dow Chemical is developing a minty gel which will eliminate excess guilt, but, unfortunately it won't be on the market for another six months." - Lisa Simpson
I only have like 20 days left. Not six months lol

Reactions: watchingthewheels