W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I've mentioned before (as many others have) about the guilt I feel about leaving loved ones behind. But there's another form of guilt that plagues me.

My life is not awful when compared to many others. I have a decent job. I'm married. I have a cute puppy. My mother loves me immensely. I have never been abused. I've never been homeless. I've never suffered with addiction. Yes, I've had my struggles, and honestly they are more than I can bear. But so many people seem to have it so much worse. And they persevere.

Sometimes, I feel like what right do I have to take my life when others have had things so much worse? What right do I have to complain? I feel immense guilt about it, and I've come to believe it's one of the things holding me back from ctb. Does anyone else feel this way?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, demuic, BitterlyAlive and 2 others
S

staticwaters

Sep 10, 2020
yeah, i feel the same too. i haven't been through anything half as traumatizing or difficult as many of the users on here. that's most of the reason why i'm not gone right now. like who the fuck am i to complain about my life when i haven't been through shit?? idk i feel really invalid

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
Suffering is subjective, why does it matter if other people have it worse? That doesn't change our situation in the slightest.
Saying "you should be grateful" or "you're lucky, appreciate what you have" is just another way of guild tripping us.

Reactions: Superdeterminist, Ghost2211 and VIBRITANNIA
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i agree with leshen - comparing suffering is useless, as we'll suffer regardless.

but despite that, i do feel this way sometimes. i wish i could give my life to others (minus the trauma) who deserve it.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, demuic and Leshen
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
"Telling someone that they shouldn't be sad because others have it worse, is like saying that you're not allowed to be happy because others have it better." - Paraphrased quoted (Unknown).

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Sometimes, I feel like what right do I have to take my life when others have had things so much worse? What right do I have to complain? I feel immense guilt about it, and I've come to believe it's one of the things holding
I feel this way too. You're not alone. But I feel that your pain is very real, and the reasons you have for feeling suicidal are 100% valid. It's hard to not compare our pain to others, though. I get it.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993