H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
I'm considering full suspension. Would it be guaranteed that I would pass out quickly due to compression of the carotid or couldI choke to death?

NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
You may choke till death, but its's guarantee you will die. If I had a place to put the rope so I could do full suspension, I would have done already.

K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
No, there's no guarantee that carotids will be properly closed. It depends on anatomy, type of ligature and position.
This is why full hanging is considered brutal.

• Aww..
Reactions: WatermelonMel, WearyOfStruggling and TimeToBiteTheDust
H

hadenough

Student
Aug 24, 2019
If I didn't manage to compress my carotid how long would it take to die from choking?

M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
I would say yes, it doesn't take much weight to compress carotid arteries and I'm assuming the speed of compression using full suspension would help. Not sure if the extra weight would cause choking though.

B

Billicide

Apr 28, 2020
What
No, there's no guarantee that carotids will be properly closed. It depends on anatomy, type of ligature and position.
This is why full hanging is considered brutal.
What type of hanging is best?

D

deedee0225

Feb 29, 2020
I'm considering full suspension. Would it be guaranteed that I would pass out quickly due to compression of the carotid or couldI choke to death?

Please take a look at https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/why-full-suspension-is-the-best-method.43093/

Let me know if it answers your question

• Wow
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you use a proper slip knot and make sure that you will not touch the floor, you should pass out in 5 to 10 seconds. Gravity does the work tightening the noose and all you need to do is let it happen. Watch some videos. Just make sure you set it up correctly. The horrible experiences often referenced come from cases where the setup was improper. You owe it to yourself to do it right the first time!

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If I didn't manage to compress my carotid how long would it take to die from choking?

To actually die, about 10 to 20 mins.
But you would probably go unconscious in a few minutes. Still, 2 mins of choking is not pleasant.
However, if you manage to place everything correctly, you should go unconscious in 10 to 20 seconds.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
Speaking from personal experience, unconsciousness happens within 5 sec, or at least it did for me. Used 550 paracord with a simple running knot.
Just make sure you don't have a friend nearby to cut you down lol. Without carotid artery/vein blockage it probably isn't nice way to go though.

Reactions: Worndown