G

Ghostmedic

May 18, 2020
Anyone know the best type of firearm/ammo for ctb?
I had never thought about it that much before until I got up to doing it and it was really awkward sticking my semi auto 9mm Springfield in my mouth, and then I thought, won't the upper receiver rip my front teeth out and change barrel trajectory if I pull the trigger like this?
Maybe I should get a revolver... huh... no one ever talks about this... not.addressed in movies...
What type of ammo guarantees highest success rate? Hollow point? Once I saw an episode.of "I almost got away with it" and the person who was about to be a fugitive for.mirder had already decades earlier taken his revolver, put a hollow point in and Russian roullette style spun the chamber and stick.up against his rroommates face and pulled the trigger, well they were winners of that game and the round was loa deed, but bc it was a hollow point apparently and bcnkfnthe trajectory on the victims skull it didn't penetdate rhe skull and only cause superficial, painful flesh wounds. Also he only got 10 yrs for attempted murder, then was able to get out while still young enough to.kurder someone and provide the content for the investigative discovery entertainment episode i was watching.
Any way, yeah, so hollow points or no? Revolver? Does it matter?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and iwanttodie000
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I don't know, man.
I'll use whatever I have available to me, which at the moment is a long-ass high power rifle. It'll be awkward, to say the least.
Maybe I'll have a handgun by the time I decide to do it. I think you're right, a revolver would probably be ideal, but one of my best friends tried to shoot himself in the heart with a .357 and lived, so I think .357 may be too high velocity. It went right through him doing very little internal damage. It pierced a lung then destroyed his scapula on its way out. I think a slower bullet may have done more damage, and a hollow point as well, because they expand and tumble and ricochet off bones.
I'll probably end up with a government .45, just because I've always wanted one. I'd be too scared to try with a 9mm or anything smaller. Sure, it could kill you, but I'm afraid you'd have an equal chance of survival.

Reactions: iwanttodie000
Upvote 0
O

Outofhope

Feb 19, 2021
Probably better off with a 308 or a shotgun

Upvote 0
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I just bought a 12 gauge shotgun for my ctb. My plan is to put it in my mouth angled up to the roof, that way it should go straight up and through my brain instantly. I have 2 3/4 hollow points, but I want to get 3 inch ones to make sure there is no room for error. I've done a lot of research too and it took a while to get this all together. I think the important thing that I found is a shot to the face or under the chin isn't guaranteed, really gotta eat it or side of the head, but that can also leave some room for error.

• Hugs
Reactions: JamieD
Upvote 0
J

JamieD

Feb 28, 2021
I just bought a 12 gauge shotgun for my ctb. My plan is to put it in my mouth angled up to the roof, that way it should go straight up and through my brain instantly. I have 2 3/4 hollow points, but I want to get 3 inch ones to make sure there is no room for error. I've done a lot of research too and it took a while to get this all together. I think the important thing that I found is a shot to the face or under the chin isn't guaranteed, really gotta eat it or side of the head, but that can also leave some room for error.
You really are amazing and I know you have planned this so well......

• Love
Upvote 0
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
You really are amazing and I know you have planned this so well......
As are you! I did my best to plan it, now we'll see how the execution of it goes ... hopefully I can stick to my date and get it done.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: gtrfvr and JamieD
Upvote 0