Lavender Dreams

Lavender Dreams

serial vapist
Nov 5, 2022
Since I had landed here over a year ago, I thought I had it figured out. I loosely knew I had issues with trauma and potentially adhd, which had been later confirmed by diagnosis. I knew I went through 11 years of excruciating recurring pain, likely related to endometriosis. The fear of failure and having nowhere that felt safe to go. Huge anxiety over the person I loved leaving. I spent nearly 2 years in therapy, mentally deteriorating further the more time went by, if I don't include short periods of relief.

Over time, I did it all. Textbook. Kept up with my job as much as I could, exercise, meditation, hobbies, eating and sleeping well. I took their ssris, methylphenidate, buspirone, propranolol and even dipped into diazepam and microdosing psilocybin whenever it was possible. Did the emdr, did the cbt. Nothing actually stuck.

It wasn't until I found myself in a room doing a full mental health assessment that the obvious finally slapped me in the face. I knew from the moment I dragged myself out ofbed in the morning that I didn't want to go. There is no interest in recovery left, I ran out of reasons. They speak of the long term, the mere idea already being panic inducing. "But maybe someday something will change", "Don't give up". Apparently all I have to do is step one foot in front of the other, until my circumstances change.

Except there is a reason they're not. There is no amount and the kind of a drug, medication, therapy or keeping busy that will take away grief. Slowly observing my dad wreck himself and speak in loops under the influence of alcohol, over a phone call only until the age of 18. Losing the connections on his side of the family to the point we're almost strangers now, permanently. Never getting to know my half sisters. Irreparably damaged connections on my mother's side. The disappointment in my mom letting me endure abuse at the hands of her ex partners.

The sadness when we moved away from my home country, which consequently had me lose my largest friend group and a dear cat I had since early childhood. Isolation after switching schools, few close friendships vanishing once more. Relationships turning to ash, when the time showed all I received was varying flavours of abuse and deceit. The distance my suicidality, alongside the reality of life created.

It's a true catch 22, if you grieve the people and aspects of life that are no longer to the extent where you can't let anybody new close, while simultaneously requiring irl support to have a stab at recovery. I can't imagine myself continuing hopeless, alone and staring at the 4 walls in my home, in mental and physical pain with the awareness everyone besides my therapist silently gave up on me. I give up too.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, carac, logi3535 and 6 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
It's hell, and all we can do is endure it or die. Can recognition be a step in the right direction if you are not going to get any further than that? I'm unsure, my past therapist didn't seem to think so.

"It'll get better" "Keep working at it" for who? Clearly not for ourselves, is it for the therapists or the doctors who we pay to treat us? What a hopeless situation. I'm sorry you endure it all, I know that you know nobody should live through this.

Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, Lavender Dreams and divinemistress36
logi3535

logi3535

even in death, may you be triumphant
Jan 8, 2024
i think the most common one that gets thrown around is "it gets better" but i don't really think it does, and its quite dismissive. Theres still folks well off in their 30s or 40s or above who are so miserable and depressed, probably hearing those same words, and thinking i could be in that situation terrifies me. Life really is not fair to everyone, it can always get worse, and in the end, even if its a sad thought, i don't think everyone can be saved, nor does everyone want to be.

Reactions: Lavender Dreams and Chronicoverwhelm
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
i think the most common one that gets thrown around is "it gets better" but i don't really think it does, and its quite dismissive. Theres still folks well off in their 30s or 40s or above who are so miserable and depressed, probably hearing those same words, and thinking i could be in that situation terrifies me. Life really is not fair to everyone, it can always get worse, and in the end, even if its a sad thought, i don't think everyone can be saved, nor does everyone want to be.
36 years old and still getting told it will get better..I agree

• Aww..
Reactions: Lavender Dreams, BrainShower and logi3535
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Everything ends Lavender but we can make new possibilities for ourselves if we have the strength. Maybe you have had enough though, that is your choice to make. I certainly haven't given up on you yet

• Aww..
Reactions: Lavender Dreams