nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
anyone else primarily motivated by grief at the moment? specifically the loss of life. have you ever tried to implement the thought process of continuing to live on for the person you lost? how did it work out for you?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: PAš–Øš‘, bramblebamblebambe, voidstar and 1 other person
D

doormat25

Oct 25, 2023
Yes. It is not working out. I want to be with my loved ones.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: astonishedturnip, iusedtobehappy, bramblebamblebambe and 2 others
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
The death of my mom about 5 years ago now, at first I tried to stick to my promise to myself to end my life when she died. Which sadly failed.
Then I thought that maybe living in her stead would be the better option but no, the pain stays. It might get buried for a while but for me it doesn't leave. Psychologists couldn't help me either but it gets harder every day.
The only reason I'm sticking around currently is my cat, I saw how much the death of my mom fucked up her cat and as stupid as it seems to be but I don't want to do that to mine.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: doormat25, iusedtobehappy, bramblebamblebambe and 3 others
nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
The death of my mom about 5 years ago now, at first I tried to stick to my promise to myself to end my life when she died. Which sadly failed.
Then I thought that maybe living in her stead would be the better option but no, the pain stays. It might get buried for a while but for me it doesn't leave. Psychologists couldn't help me either but it gets harder every day.
The only reason I'm sticking around currently is my cat, I saw how much the death of my mom fucked up her cat and as stupid as it seems to be but I don't want to do that to mine.
im sure the pain does not fade completely but i really don't understand how generations and generations of people before us were able to cope with loss. may be the fact that i don't associate with any type or religion?

• Love
Reactions: hikikomorizombie, bramblebamblebambe and voidstar
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
im sure the pain does not fade completely but i really don't understand how generations and generations of people before us were able to cope with loss. may be the fact that i don't associate with any type or religion?
No , not religion. For me what helped was being busy. Post my father's death, destiny somehow put me in a situation where I had to use every single thread of my brain in solving that situation. Imagine someone is strangling you , for that moment, you would forget everything else and utilise your whole self in trying to save yourself...no matter how much you hate life and want to get rid of it.I was ..kind of in a similar situation. No brain power left to think anything else. But yes , the loved ones will always be there. The grieving will come to an end. But the wish of what life could have been with them will never stop disturbing...

• Love
Reactions: bramblebamblebambe and voidstar
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
No , not religion. For me what helped was being busy. Post my father's death, destiny somehow put me in a situation where I had to use every single thread of my brain in solving that situation. Imagine someone is strangling you , for that moment, you would forget everything else and utilise your whole self in trying to save yourself...no matter how much you hate life and want to get rid of it.I was ..kind of in a similar situation. No brain power left to think anything else. But yes , the loved ones will always be there. The grieving will come to an end. But the wish of what life could have been with them will never stop disturbing...
Keeping busy helps up to a certain point, I agree. But I was never able to "get over it" or really deal with it and accept it. Still can't.
I'm not religious either so I was never able to get any comfort from that. A few generations back you either pulled through or didn't, mental health wasn't present or acknowledged.

• Love
Reactions: doormat25 and bramblebamblebambe
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
I've also wondered how people are able to cope with the loss of a loved one but realized that im way too sensitive
and would take it much harder then others who are stronger.

• Love
Reactions: voidstar and bramblebamblebambe
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
I've also wondered how people are able to cope with the loss of a loved one but realized that im way too sensitive
and would take it much harder then others who are stronger.
Me too, I'm always in slight awe at how other people deal with that. How they can just go on, not that I'm convinced that they don't grieve but personally it's just like this immensely heavy blanket of sadness and apathy has been draped over my whole body and mind and it's just that, grief. Everywhere. Everything reminds me of the loved one I lost.

• Love
Reactions: doormat25 and hopeless08
wildbluekiss

wildbluekiss

i don't have a map for where i am now
Jan 22, 2024
hello! i know you're searching for those who relatable, but me myself...

while i'm not really the one who can relate to a loss of a loved one, i certainly imagined about this a lot, like, a lot.
two people who are my sole reason to go on are my younger brother and my girlfriend. without them, i would've gone six feet under a long, hella time ago.
i wouldn't even try to do any single thing without them, even if it's just one of them went away.

i'll end it all, all at once.
the present time is still A LITTLE bearable with them being here... so, what even matters anymore if they're not here?
that's why... people who could deal with the loss of loved one(s)... are
really strong. and i know that you too are one of them. i wish you well.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
anyone else primarily motivated by grief at the moment? specifically the loss of life. have you ever tried to implement the thought process of continuing to live on for the person you lost? how did it work out for you?
Jan 24th marks two years since girlfriend of 35 years died, instantly gave up on ever 'continuing to live on for the person I lost', cannot even fathom such a thought, for without her around, life is not even living, its nothing

• Aww..
Reactions: ThisUnrest
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Yes. It is not working out. I want to be with my loved ones.
Me too.
I stayed for my kitty too. Now without him I need to die.

H

hurting

Jan 18, 2024
I have been alone my whole 47 years and could not even imagine finding someone I cared about that much and then loosing them. My heart breaks for all of you.

H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023
It's not stupid at all. The first time I was suicidal 9 years ago, the only thing that kept me alive was my dog, he was my EVERYTHING and I could not leave him.