demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Why do people defend and stick up for soulless corporations that don't give a shit about them? Do they not realize they're just a cog in a machine for them to generate more profit? Or do they seriously have some kind of loyalty to these decrepit employers, thinking they somehow matter to the higher ups?

Money may not be the root of all evil, but it does cause a shit ton of it...

• Love
Reactions: nitrogennitrite2, waived, puppy9 and 6 others
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
They depend on them, that's why they stick up for the greedy corps. Some people might do that to appease the higher ups as well. Money opens many doors. I agree with you that corporations are soulless and greedy. I wish things would change for the better.

Reactions: waived, botanormal, Sprite_Geist and 3 others
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
MANY people are just misinformed, which leads to them not knowing what they are supporting. Not just corps, but politics, lifestyles and many social issues. Just because this is the era of technology and information, it doesn't mean everyone is fed with the same information. I watched a documentary on Netflix called "The Social Dilemma" and it's eye-opening to see how differently people receive information on the same platform.

Reactions: waived, botanormal, Sprite_Geist and 2 others
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I think it's because people think criticisms of things they like or have benefited from are criticisms of themselves, and since the modern world is pretty much run by greedy corporations this applies to a lot of people.

Reactions: botanormal, Sprite_Geist, antigone_iris and 2 others
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
to generate profit?
That's the goal of a private company. Then it depends on your moral values.
For example if you're a Marxist, then you think that profit is immoral.
If you're "classical", then you don't think that profit is immoral.

Reactions: darksideofthebright and antigone_iris
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
That's the goal of a private company. Then it depends on your moral values.
For example if you're a Marxist, then you think that profit is immoral.
If you're "classical", then you don't think that profit is immoral.
Interesting comment! What side are you on?

Reactions: waived
Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
Well, I think in large part because our media is made up by, owned by, or revenue-dependent on large corporations. Propaganda and all.

Also, I think a lot of people don't really understand corporations and how they work. People confuse corporations with "business" or "capitalism," but these are not synonymous. I mean, a corporation's only purpose is to generate profits -- responsibility be damned. And because of their growing power and capital, they have been able to fully influence legislation and courts.

Reactions: darksideofthebright and demuic
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
What is very angering too is when entities such as businesses/corporations will jump on the band wagon whenever there is some sort of event or "awarness" month; such as LGBTQA Pride or Mental Health. "We care about Group X/Y which is why we are promoting this product!" No - your only objective is profit. Nothing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weather, darksideofthebright and demuic
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
it is the most ruthless and merciless who succeed.
and many of those who control information are controlled by those who are most ruthless and merciless.
the spread of information masks just how ruthless, merciless, uncaring, and vicious those at the top can be. much is hidden by the narrative they themselves write.
it's unfortunate, but for the most part, the game is already set. or at least, it feels that way.

• Hugs
Reactions: UberYeets and demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I was just wondering what drives those like minimum wage workers to do things like that. They likely won't receive any kind of significant raise or promotion, maybe a few of them will become a manager but by nature of the position not all of them can. Yet there are still people out there like "OMG I love company x they're the best and awesome and everyone should work for them and I've never had any problems etc etc." I just don't get it.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Sep 23, 2020
they are grateful to have a job at all. it is either work or starve. even more pressure if you have dependents such as children.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
they are grateful to have a job at all. it is either work or starve. even more pressure if you have dependents such as children.

Sad that even the lowest quality of conditions are enough to please some people. I find it maddening. People deserve better than the barest of scraps and then to thank them for their "generosity".

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Sep 23, 2020
Sad that even the lowest quality of conditions are enough to please some people. I find it maddening. People deserve better than the barest of scraps and then to thank them for their "generosity".
but when the option is between the barest of scraps versus homessness for you and your family, what do you think people will choose?
it is not about what people deserve, unfortunately. it is about what is available to them. that is how the system currently operates for those at the lowest.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I was just wondering what drives those like minimum wage workers to do things like that. They likely won't receive any kind of significant raise or promotion, maybe a few of them will become a manager but by nature of the position not all of them can. Yet there are still people out there like "OMG I love company x they're the best and awesome and everyone should work for them and I've never had any problems etc etc." I just don't get it.

If someone is a minimum wage worker then it is likely that they do not actually like whatever entity that they are employed by; those workers support them out of necessity. Depending on where someone lives their area might have been bought out by a corporation, and so they control all of the goods (including food) as well as jobs. You either buy from them or buy from no one. Consumerism is bad, but many are forced into it.

Edit: Also there is the possibility that they support huge conglomerates due to their culture. In some countries/nations there are social laws that dictate that you must work a large number of hours just for the sake of working long hours, because it "builds character" or something along those lines. This can be seen in Japan.

Last edited:
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
but when the option is between the barest of scraps versus homessness for you and your family, what do you think people will choose?
it is not about what people deserve, unfortunately. it is about what is available to them. that is how the system currently operates for those at the lowest.

Oh I understand that. Just lamenting about it. It's sad circumstances.

If someone is a minimum wage worker then it is likely that they do not actually like whatever entity that they are employed by; those workers support them out of necessity. Depending on where someone lives their area might have been bought out by a corporation, and so they control all of the goods (including food) as well as jobs. You either buy from them or buy from no one. Consumerism is bad, but many are forced into it.

I for one can't even pretend to muster up any kind of enthusiasm about these heartless companies. I would feel my own soul being sucked out. Maybe that's why no one wants to hire me.:shy:

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Why do people defend and stick up for soulless corporations that don't give a shit about them? Do they not realize they're just a cog in a machine for them to generate more profit? Or do they seriously have some kind of loyalty to these decrepit employers, thinking they somehow matter to the higher ups?

Money may not be the root of all evil, but it does cause a shit ton of it...
Amazon
Facebook
Google
Microsoft

I'm as lost as the rest of you.

Reactions: demuic
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
Billions of dollars pumped into corporate propaganda in an effort to maintain the biblical levels of worship and reverence of the capitalist system while erradicating any other way of thinking. It's one hell of a drug.

• Love
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Billions of dollars pumped into corporate propaganda in an effort to maintain the biblical levels of worship and reverence of the capitalist system while erradicating any other way of thinking. It's one hell of a drug.

It's the brainwashing that's really disturbing. People more willing to go to bat for a billion dollar corporation then the people that got shafted by them. Yet I know which one the average person has more in common with...

• Love
Reactions: AllReturnsToNothing
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Yes.
So what?
We are all slaves.
What's worse is that we are all happy with it.
We all have mobile phones don't we?
Get used to it, it's not like there is any alternative.

demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes.
So what?
We are all slaves.
What's worse is that we are all happy with it.
We all have mobile phones don't we?
Get used to it, it's not like there is any alternative.

Sad thing is there are alternatives, but they're useless since no one wants to do anything.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Sad thing is there are alternatives, but they're useless since no one wants to do anything.
Yes, there are alternatives. But I'm personally so goddam invested in the shit MF consensus...*sigh* it's already too late, I can make the moves to disconnect but they already have me;...

degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
the rich own the media, which tells people what and how to think. the rich also own the corporations. most of the general population is mid-low iq. you do the maths.

this is also how most politics work.