FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Today is july and it is now 1 year since I graduated from university. I am extremely depressed as i cant believe this is my life. I realise now my life really is over. At 23 i ruined everthing.

I couldnt be happy at my own graduation because i didnt have my life together. I felt like i didnt deserve to graduate because i just couldnt be happy.

When started university i was ready to take the world on and make an impact.

A year after graduating i struggled to find work . I get rejected for everything even retail outlets dont want me. Not knowing what i want to do with my life is the biggest source of misery in my life

Now i have a year long gap in my cv making me unemployable forever.

I didnt meet a guy at university. I always thought i would be in relationship by now.

Everyday i am lost , confused and have no purpose in life.

I couldnt cope with transition period after graduating. At university i had a purpose and a structure. Please dont recommned me to do a masters because i am scared of graduating again.

I am crying everyday as i messed up my entire life. I see alternative anymore but to ctb.

This is not a life worth living. Unemployment is so much worse than death. Death there is dignity.
Unemployment kills your soul. I used to be happy now i want to die everyday.
I dont to talk to people anymore because i dont a have job.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mr.Nobody, MrBlue, Lastsauce and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What kinds of responses do you seek to this post? It would be helpful if you'd give some guidance so that your needs can be effectively met. Folks are happy to do that, it's easier when it's made clear how. :heart:

Reactions: RileyTanaka, GoneGoneGone, FireFox and 2 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I never even graduated from college / university... And I finally found a job which certainly took Time.. I admit, it did suck and was quite painful but I stuck with it. Crazy part for me.. Now, with my job.. It's one of my reasons to ctb. So, Idk ? I think it can be a 2 way street with / out a career. I believe you have a Lot of time on your hands to find a job and be happy with it. Just my .02. Do what you feel is best, but please Think about it first and be mindful. Take care , my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
What kinds of responses do you seek to this post? It would be helpful if you'd give some guidance so that your needs can be effectively met. Folks are happy to do that, it's easier when it's made clear how. :heart:
@GoodPersonEffed i just want someone to talk to.
I feel so overwhelmed with everything and i feel like it too late for me to change my life.

I am 23 but dont feel young anymore.

I dont know who i am anymore :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I'm in a very similar situation. I've just graduated uni and found nothing I can do with my degree or without it due to my lack of prior work experience, no references, no driving licence and undesirable personality. And that's just work. There are so many impossible obstacles to have a life worth living, and I'm behind my peers and even people years younger than me in every aspect of my life. No friends, no relationships, no job, just a shit degree and future of utter misery and unemployment if I don't ctb.

I don't know how to help but hope you find peace, whether that's through ctb or your life improving :).

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I'm in a very similar situation. I've just graduated uni and found nothing I can do with my degree or without it due to my lack of prior work experience, no references, no driving licence and undesirable personality. And that's just work. There are so many impossible obstacles to have a life worth living, and I'm behind my peers and even people years younger than me in every aspect of my life. No friends, no relationships, no job, just a shit degree and future of utter misery and unemployment if I don't ctb.

I don't know how to help but hope you find peace, whether that's through ctb or your life improving :).
@MrBlue
Sorry
What did you study?

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I really don't think that a year long gap means you're unemployable forever...

Reactions: GoneGoneGone, Lostandfound7, islima and 2 others
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
@MrBlue
Sorry
What did you study?
Forensic Science, I thought it would be interesting until I found out I couldn't really do anything with it. Its super competitive to get even internships, and while I kinda enjoyed the subjects, I hated Uni itself.

how about you, did you study something you enjoyed?

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I agree Walilamdzi, my thoughts exactly.

Reactions: Walilamdzi
Gizamaluke

Gizamaluke

Apr 11, 2020
I know how you feel, I'm in a similar situation.. I graduated 2 years ago and am still unemployed. I sent out tons of applications and even went to an employment center where I got a personal counselor to help me out. I tried to get friends to hook me up with where they worked. All with no results. Eventually I gave up and now I'm stuck here.

Scooby-Doo

Scooby-Doo

Student
Oct 10, 2019
This sounds really shit and soul destroying. Study your ass off with no reward. I'm as thick as 2 short planks but I got on the job ladder through work experience at school. I would of thought they could provide students with that in the field their studying. What ever you study you should be advised how difficult it will be to get a job in that subject if you pass. At least it would give you time to rethink and maybe study something that is more likely to get you a decent job. But obviously they don't say shit which isn't fair. They should create a review website for former students who have succeeded and those who haven't in subjects taken and passed. It would provide good information and a better outlook at what your studying before you do it me thinks.

Reactions: Lostandfound7
Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody

Student
Jan 30, 2020
I am in the same situation.I can only see one way out.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I'm not going to mince words here but there are worst things out there then being unemployed.

People say to me that "they don't envy me" and that I've "been through the mill", the things I have are chronic and incurable. I've had them since I've come into this world. I'm in my 40s now and did the employment gap thing. Got an internship to break the gap and show employers that I can do the work.

This post is not about a pissing contest about my suffering being greater than yours.

Employment gaps are fixable. You just need to fill them with courses and volunteer work.

Some employers have remarked that there is nothing worst than unexplained gaps on CV and if person doesn't take his/her career seriously by filling those gaps they will disregard him/her as candidate saying they don't want such a person working for them.

Firefox know this that I envy you.

Reactions: RileyTanaka
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I am returning to university next month but I know my life will suck graduated or not. My life sucks that is why I want to end it. Whatever I do it will suck.

Ipassbutter

Ipassbutter

Feb 24, 2019
Ya I don't want to undermine your suffering and pain which is real. However 23 and unemployed with a one year gap is not even a blip.
Do you know how many people take time off work for all sorts of reasons.
Sounds like you're suffering from anxiety and depression.

Reactions: Brink and Deleted member 94
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Congratulations you graduated University but what you need is a industry recognized qualifications, sometimes these can be short one or two week courses which will make you stand out in a crowd.

Check your online job sites to see a job you like, then research it to find out all the qualifications they want to be able to do that job. Before you pay for a course find an employment agency who advertises them jobs and see what qualifications they are seeking for them roles, call or email them and ask advice, best courses to attend and qualifications and will you hire me if I was successful.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Lostandfound7 and Deleted member 94