S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
Let's say you want to die you apply for it like you would apply for unemployment or whatever they send you a painless drinkable chemical you go unconscious in about 5min but if you change you're mind the antidote is in the package they send you but if you take it you have to wait at least a month before you can apply again I feel like this would be great if you are in a bad situation and can't afford a painless method. Just a theory with some flaws ik

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
It would be rife with exploitation. People would be using it for murder and possibly abusing it in smaller doses to get high. The application process would have to be very restrictive which would kind of kill the idea. Personally I'd love a system like that for selfish reasons but they wouldn't impliment it for the reasons noted. Perhaps a way around that could be to have someone come and administer the solution but we're such a long way off. In an ideal world I'm with you though.

Last edited:
Reactions: wljourney and Slimetae
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Everyone deserves the option of a painless death, we never asked to exist in the first place. It is cruel for the society to expect us to suffer for decades against our wishes, life is meaningless after all and we will all die eventually one day anyway, so why try to force people to live. Suicide should not be so difficult and the right to die should always be respected. All that I want is to pass away peacefully.

Reactions: natali4 and Slimetae
S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
It would be rife with corruption. People would be using it for murder and possible abusing it un smaller doses to get high
The application would have to be very restrictive which would kind of kill the idea. Personally I'd love a system like that for selfish reasons but they wouldn't impliment it for the reasons noted. Perhaps a way around that could be to have someone come and administer the solution but we're such a long way off. In a land of make believe I'm totally with you though.
Yea or someone watched you do it to make sure you didn't abuse it or sell it or they had clinics opened to oversee the process sucks there's people who would ruin it for others tho.

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
but if you change you're mind the antidote is in the package they send you but if you take it you have to wait at least a month before you can apply again
This cracked me up. The antidote would have to be something that acts immediately, in a syringe. The instructions would have to tell the person to have the antidote ready to be stabbed into themselves incase they back out last second.

S

Slimetae

Slimeent🎲
Apr 23, 2022
This cracked me up. The antidote would have to be something that acts immediately, in a syringe. The instructions would have to tell the person to have the antidote ready to be stabbed into themselves incase they back out last second.
I mean how bad do you wanna live shove into you if you're having second thoughts like an epi pen but it instantly works lol the government is capable of it

wljourney

wljourney

Waiting for the bus
Apr 2, 2022
It would be rife with exploitation. People would be using it for murder and possibly abusing it in smaller doses to get high. The application process would have to be very restrictive which would kind of kill the idea. Personally I'd love a system like that for selfish reasons but they wouldn't impliment it for the reasons noted. Perhaps a way around that could be to have someone come and administer the solution but we're such a long way off. In an ideal world I'm with you though.
That's how MAiD is delivered in Canada. Application process, 2 doctors (or nurses) having to approve and then it is administered by the healthcare professional who approved it OR you can drink it yourself. I don't think there is an option of picking up the drugs and using them without anyone being present.
Immediately beforehand people have to give consent again.

I think the system itself is pretty good. In theory. And apart from the fact that I personally wouldn't qualify (yet).

Reactions: Slimetae
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
There's a film called Paddleton where the one guy picks it up from a pharmacy he has to go on a small road trip to after being okayed by a doctor. Not sure how much of a true representation of thing it is. I thinkbthey do mention their location/state. It's a great film regardless.

Reactions: Slimetae
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I like the idea of mobile suicide trucks. I think they have them in Belgium. But I don't think they take walk-ins which is what I'd like.