thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
My landlord came over and gave me the yelling of a lifetime. They've stepped out of the house for a bit, but they'll come back and I suspect there will be a round two. Wish me luck guys, I'll post back here when its all over.

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, LADY007, Pen>Sword and 3 others
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
If you're comfortable telling us - what was he/she yelling at you for?

Reactions: LastFlowers and Toonloon
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
If you're comfortable telling us - what was he/she yelling at you for?
rent's overdue and my job closed down because of covid. don't have any money and I'm looking for a new place to work. They were really pissed this time, never received a verbal beatdown like this before.
It's over now. they are gone. I just need to calm down. The bad moment is over. The bad person is gone. The yelling is over. Right now I am in a room all by myself and it's quiet and peaceful. I can relax now.
I don't have to let their words and anger, or the memory of their words and anger, ruin my day. I refuse to let their anger ruin my day

• Hugs
Reactions: Sides, Mixo, DeutscheKartoffel and 5 others
Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
what country are you in? if ur in the US they cant be yelling at you like that it's illegal.

• Aww..
Reactions: KTbear and thinkkank
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
rent's overdue and my job closed down because of covid. don't have any money and I'm looking for a new place to work. They were really pissed this time, never received a verbal beatdown like this before.
It's over now. they are gone. I just need to calm down. The bad moment is over. The bad person is gone. The yelling is over. Right now I am in a room all by myself and it's quiet and peaceful. I can relax now.
I'm sorry you had to listen to someone speaking to you that way. It's a shame that people don't listen to each other any more. I'm sorry you lost your job - I'm sure you'll find another one. Take a minute to relax. I'll be thinking about you.
what country are you in? if ur in the US they cant be yelling at you like that it's illegal.
It's not illegal - it's immoral. The guy is an idiot for screaming at someone because they lost their job. I worked for an attorney who screamed and cursed at me for no reason - people get away with crap they shouldn't

• Hugs
Reactions: LADY007, Somber, Pen>Sword and 3 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't have to let their words and anger, or the memory of their words and anger, ruin my day. I refuse to let their anger ruin my day
Too bad there's no damn door that's broken which you can leverage as a reason to withhold rent until it's fixed.

Are you in a location which currently has protections against eviction for those who had their jobs affected by the pandemic?

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, LADY007 and Toonloon
Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
I'm sorry you had to listen to someone speaking to you that way. It's a shame that people don't listen to each other any more. I'm sorry you lost your job - I'm sure you'll find another one. Take a minute to relax. I'll be thinking about you.

It's not illegal - it's immoral. The guy is an idiot for screaming at someone because they lost their job. I worked for an attorney who screamed and cursed at me for no reason - people get away with crap they shouldn't
it is illegal. It's harrassment. I charged my land lord with it in my dispute case. Im a big enough bitch to make it stand out in my case. When it comes to being mistreated thats what you have to be a bigger asshole. I also called code enforcement on her ass too. It stopped the sale of her house and put my eviction case on hold.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mixo, demuic and LADY007
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
People only get away with what you let them do. Get right in someone's face, nose to nose. 90% of the time, they will stop yelling. And if they don't just calmly say "shut the fuck up and leave."
it is illegal. It's harrassment. I charged my land lord with it in my dispute case. Im a big enough bitch to make it stand out in my case. When it comes to being mistreated thats what you have to be a bigger asshole.
It would only be illegal and harassment if you didn't ask them to stop and leave. Btw, if you ask your landlord to leave and he doesn't, that's tresspassing. Rent paid or not, until you're evicted, they are not allowed in your apartment without your permission.

Last edited:
C

Capsicum_Corral

Experienced
Dec 10, 2021
People who trusted the system enough to become landlords are screwed even worse than renters. It's all part of the plan to destroy civilization, and a huge percentage of us are directly in their sights. Suicides are way up. All-cause deaths are way up. Small people and small businesses are being destroyed because of the covidhoax. Before WWII started, people were not expecting millions of dead within the next few years, but it happened anyway. Whelp, the time has come again. This is far too coordinated to be a bad flu season. Masks don't work. The stuff they've changed the definitions to be able to call "vaccines" don't work, and it's killing people. A lot of people are understandably upset, but being calm and peaceful is good. Have a cup of tea and relax.

Not sure where we are on the rent relief/landlord front. Was just reading that renters needed to participate in the process for helping their landlords pay their mortgages when they can't afford the rent, so maybe you could ask your landlord how you can help in that process? It may help them see you as on their side, as opposed to cheating them out of their mortgage payments. Hopefully that program is still in place.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
it sucks because i got used to the job I had. now I have to get used to new bosses that suck, new co-workers that suck and all the bullshit that comes with a new job. I really need the money though. if i can put up with the new people long enough, I get paid. I just have to remind myself that. i am getting paid to go through bullshit. if I hold on to the end of the day, i get money. i need to let the bullshit roll off my back and keep my eye on the prize
i wish i had the law on my side here but i'm out of luck. the important thing is it's over
there will always be shit like this. job loss, no money, arguements, assholes and frustrations. I have to decide, here and now, not to let this ruin my day. I want to have peace with the little time I have left.
you should've seen the look on their face, they practically had steam coming out of their ears

Angry smiley

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sides, OpheliasFlowers, LADY007 and 1 other person
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
she came back again and started berating me. this time I had wireless earbuds on and was listening to something while she was talking. I couldn't hear everything she was saying, so I only responded to the few words that I could hear. She thought I could hear everything she was saying because I was responding. Most of what she said sounded like Charlie Brown's parents "WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH""

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Sides and LADY007
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@thinkkank bro, just tell her to get the fuck out of your face. Stop letting this bitch punk you.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
@thinkkank bro, just tell her to get the fuck out of your face. Stop letting this bitch punk you.
can't, it's a complicated situation, but I did flip them off when I closed the door.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
the banshee came back for another round of howling but she returned to her cave for now. i'm looking forward to dying because there're no landlords in the afterlife

• Hugs
Reactions: TooConscious, OpheliasFlowers and LADY007
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
Sorry that happened, but I'm pretty sure there's no federal law that prohibits a landlord from yelling.

Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
it is illegal. It's harrassment. I charged my land lord with it in my dispute case. Im a big enough bitch to make it stand out in my case. When it comes to being mistreated thats what you have to be a bigger asshole. I also called code enforcement on her ass too. It stopped the sale of her house and put my eviction case on hold.
Code enforcement sounds like a clutch move to keep a landlord in line. Would you happen to know the UK version of this? Asking for a friend.

Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
Code enforcement sounds like a clutch move to keep a landlord in line. Would you happen to know the UK version of this? Asking for a friend.
idk try googling it " code enforcement in UK"

Reactions: Mixo
Toonloon

Toonloon

Experienced
Nov 17, 2020
try and call construction companies actually. Or courthouse. That's how I found out about the loophole in my state. Courthouse told me " landlord can only move forward if everything is legal and up to code on the property." Code enforcement came and found a few issues one being 2 water heaters near each other HUGE violation, my room maybe an add on w/ no permit, mass dump in my backyard where they left broken up cement that brought bugs into our yard. I told the courthouse all that and they gave me the contact to report. It all started by calling repair men and such to ask for second opinion on the condition of the house.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
the banshee came back for another round of howling but she returned to her cave for now. i'm looking forward to dying because there're no landlords in the afterlife
God is the worst landlord of all demanding people work to have shelter. Sounds like you should be on social security.

Reactions: thinkkank
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
this bitch just won't stop squawking. the squawker just won't let me be. bitch reminds me of an angry parrot every time they squawk

angry-parrot-cartoon-green-open-mouth-clip-art-vector-illustration-simple-gradients-some-elements-separate-layers-164504831.jpg

WoAiGou

WoAiGou

Stalinist
Dec 16, 2021
this bitch just won't stop squawking. the squawker just won't let me be. bitch reminds me of an angry parrot every time they squawk

angry-parrot-cartoon-green-open-mouth-clip-art-vector-illustration-simple-gradients-some-elements-separate-layers-164504831.jpg
Start hanging pictures of Mao around the building, it's like garlic for vampires, but for landlords.

• Yay!
Reactions: thinkkank
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
you should've heard the squawking they did today over the phone. it was so loud it damn near woke up the whole neighbourhood. this bitch is crazy.