T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I got a prescription for Vyvanse for my ADHD. The appointment went as well as it could I guess? I didn't like being treated like an addict though. I understand I guess though, a lot of people abuse these medicines or sell them. The only reason I didn't do a non-controlled non-stimulant is because I didn't want to wait the 6-8 weeks for it to work.

Wish me luck, guys. I go to pick up the prescription later today.

Reactions: sserafim, Celerity and Praestat_Mori
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I take those, they really make a difference. Specially if you got ADHD. I have only ADHD traits, not full diagnostic, and I am autistic. For me they worked a lot for the mentioned traits, and kinda helps with humor
Good luck!

Reactions: sserafim
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I take those, they really make a difference. Specially if you got ADHD. I have only ADHD traits, not full diagnostic, and I am autistic. For me they worked a lot for the mentioned traits, and kinda helps with humor
Good luck!
I have inattentive ADHD.

It's nice to hear something positive, I'm terrified of taking it or being completely dependent on it. I'd like the ability to stop if I ever feel the need to and that seems possible with this. I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking though.

How many mgs is your prescription? And the second is do you feel a crash or anything in the evening?

Feel free to not answer those if you don't like. I'm just curious how others respond since my first day on it will be tomorrow

Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
those shits are crazy. they're like adderall but they activate some alternate receptor in your brain to give you the "amphetamine" feeling in a different sense. Kind of wish I wasn't prescribed them myself cuz they can definitely get pretty habit forming

When you take them every day (as recommended) and then run out you also get really tired for a few days cuz your body doesn't have the upper drug it's used to. So that's another downside

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
those shits are crazy. they're like adderall but they activate some alternate receptor in your brain to give you the "amphetamine" feeling in a different sense. Kind of wish I wasn't prescribed them myself cuz they can definitely get pretty habit forming

When you take them every day (as recommended) and then run out you also get really tired for a few days cuz your body doesn't have the upper drug it's used to. So that's another downside
Damn. At least I'll be on a low dose so if I don't like it, I can quit it with very little effects/withdrawal. I'm not doing awfully with untreated ADHD but it is tough so I wanted to try this.

I also shouldn't run out, my next appointment is less than a month away, and I meet with a person there 2 weeks before that, so if I want to quit, it'll probably be a decision 2 weeks from now at the very least.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023

Vyvanse is the prodrug that gets converted into dextroamphetamine by the body, so technically it's also an amphetamine and should work on the same receptor. Adderall is a mix of levo and dextro amphetamines (both isomers). I have ADHD and Asperger's/autism and personally I take adderall for it (I haven't taken it in a while though). I think Ritalin (aka methylphenidate) should be the one that works on the alternate receptor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Life Is My Coffin
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
So this functions as a kind of update.

It's been 4 hours since I took the medicine. I like it and hate it, my heart is absolutely racing and that's the worst. My already low appetite has lessened a little, and my mouth is not too dissimilar to the Sahara Desert.

The pros are that i am more social, focused, and less anxious.

Any advice, especially on lowering my BP/HR (122/97 BP and 119 HR)

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Vyvanse is the prodrug that gets converted into dextroamphetamine by the body, so technically it's also an amphetamine and should work on the same receptor. Adderall is a mix of levo and dextro amphetamines (both isomers). I have ADHD and Asperger's/autism and personally I take adderall for it (I haven't taken it in a while though). I think Ritalin (aka methylphenidate) should be the one that works on the alternate receptor.
Oops, I meant enantiomer, not isomer.