Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
I keep on reaching out for help with my psych and local hospital but I am only met with rejection. They refuse to give me better medication and actual therapy.
I tell them I want to jump off a bridge and apparently because I haven't done it yet that means I "want to live." All I get back from my psych and counselor is that I should distract myself with hobbies I don't enjoy anymore.
Why does no one believe that I actually want to CTB?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: http-410, corazon, february in alaska and 5 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
This seems the worst to me. When people who actually want help are turned away. I'm so sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Thanksforeverything, http-410, february in alaska and 3 others
Notlikeforte

Notlikeforte

Mar 18, 2021
This seems the worst to me. When people who actually want help are turned away. I'm so sorry.
I was told "I'm not saying you should attempt, but the biggest risk factor we look at (for admissions) is previous suicide attempts" by the emergency psychiatrist.
Guess they want me to try...

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: trashhologram, CTB Dream, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

Most likely dissociating
May 5, 2023
I'm so sorry they don't take you seriously, people like this are the reason why many of us is scared to reach out for help

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, OpheliasFlowers and bed
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
I was told "I'm not saying you should attempt, but the biggest risk factor we look at (for admissions) is previous suicide attempts" by the emergency psychiatrist.
Guess they want me to try...
I'm disgusted they'd say that to you. although it doesn't surprise me, i've heard similar stories far too many times. reaching out for help takes a significant amount of courage and to be straight up denied for apparently not being "suicidal enough" is so discouraging to reach out again. it just furthers the stigma surrounding mental health as well as decreases possible resources for you and other people in similar situations.
i'm really sorry you were not taken seriously and are struggling so much. is there another hospital you could possibly go to? i understand you probably don't want to possibly be rejected again but it could be an option. asking your psych to be transferred to another one in the same facility might be an option. there are also some resources in the recovery section that are pinned you could take a look at.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and OpheliasFlowers
trashhologram

trashhologram

⚰ Baby, let me decompose ⚰
Dec 15, 2023
Holy fuck, that's very unprofessional from them! I'm so sorry they treated you like that. You're clearly struggling, how can they treat you like shit and live with themselves? I don't understand how cruel some people can be.

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream
P

piryohae3

Jan 2, 2024
There is a disgusting lack of empathy in the world. One of many reasons why I want to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: corazon and CTB Dream
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't think it's that people don't care, it's just they can't do much so get fed up.

Blame the government's and pharmaceutical companies who fail to invest in suicide prevention.

If people are in every few days saying they will CTB, it then can become a bit of attention seeking.

I remember once in A&R being sent home after being told the same thing and I guess I can see their point.

If you want to get well, maybe try the recovery section. Turning up in A&E probably won't be very helpful.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
I keep on reaching out for help with my psych and local hospital but I am only met with rejection. They refuse to give me better medication and actual therapy.
I tell them I want to jump off a bridge and apparently because I haven't done it yet that means I "want to live." All I get back from my psych and counselor is that I should distract myself with hobbies I don't enjoy anymore.
Why does no one believe that I actually want to CTB?
vry sry ya rly cruel hpn human nonsns say prtnd hlp all nonsns no rly care species awfl nvr blv this all lie ,human awfl species frc sffr frc pain no undrstd no think , brainle no undrsd ctb, 0 smpth empth cruel sprfc ape.