• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

E

execdys

Apr 13, 2024
During the Corona pandemic I spent a lot of time at home alone, more than was good for me. I had just finished my degree and starting a master's wouldn't be fun because schools were doing everything online, so making friends would be hard. I had a lot of time for thinking and learned many things about myself.

The biggest of them is that I'm transgender. Since then I have done everything in my power to transition the way I wanted to. Navigating the medical system is hell, but I found my way to DIY HRT. I overcame so many personal hangups about the world to achieve this. It felt like an awakening in many ways. Breaking down my ideas of gender made me wonder what other ideas I could break down, which quickly led me to new political stances and anti-capitalism.

Armed with this new identity I started my masters degree at an art and design school. I was surprised to find I had huge trouble fitting in and couldn't really make friends. I started crying more and more. Before long I was taking regular bathroom breaks during classes just to cry, but I kept on trying. After half a year I gave up and accepted that I might be suffering a depression.

I saw many many therapists. Most of them did not want to help me because my case was often too complex and needed expertise they didn't have. It took me well over a year just to find a therapist who didn't ditch me after a few initial visits. Today, I am still waiting for care, and it looks like it will be well over a year still.

During this wait my depression only grew. I definitely did not do nothing, I went on many trips and saw many places. I did a lot of volunteering and have always made art. I read books and see friends a lot. I dated different people poly-style. Been to festivals, been camping, tried drugs... On paper my life was pretty good, short of not having a job and being able to afford many things.

I've never seen money as a huge issue, my friends are so kind they'll pay anything for me because they know in my situation money is a huge problem. But I decided that if I had dreams of traveling than I should start seeking money to realise those plans. My job hunt was rough, most places aren't looking for someone who has a 2 year gap in their résumé, let alone someone who is trans. But I finally found a job at a boulder gym. I've worked there for a couple days now.

Again, on paper my life looks pretty good. I got a pretty neat job with very cool benefits and super low stakes, and I can still find a new one if I want. I can save up to 1000 a month because I no longer pay rent, which means my dreams of buying a van and traveling are very much within reach. I have partners and friends galore and do many things I love. I am finally working on a short film project and it's going very well.

But it doesn't feel worth it. It feels like too much trouble. The world really is a terrible place. I don't agree with the capitalist system, I hate the exploitation of workers and the environment. It pains me to see refugees forced to live in horrible conditions, it pains me to view nature disappearing. I feel powerless to do anything meaningful. Why would I want to live under the condition that I always work, and that that work has to make money and not necessarily help the world?

I hoped so much that finding a job and fixing my situation would help me gain happiness. The kind of happiness my friends speak of. The feeling that life is worth it and everything will be alright. But I still don't feel okay. I'm starting to doubt anything will ever make me happy. How do I continue? Do I just blindly push on for two more years in the hopes I'll stop crying almost daily? I do not want to give up, but I don't want 60 more years if this either.

Reactions: MoonBat
Berlin

Berlin

Aug 23, 2024
I just joined and going to write up my darker thought but found your thread really interesting and I also have a deep hopelessness of the capitalist system. But funnily I became so hopeless that I decided to abuse it. Anyway long story short I read some communist books and now I have a six figure job. A job which I have just automated. I am earning £60 an hour (about $75 an hour) and should be at work but I am sitting posting on this forum.

I think happiness can't exist in a vacuum - you need sadness in your life or become sterile and numb as I found out when I had a stint of staying in 5 star hotels which made me feel stupid so I went back to hostels and couchsurfing.

I used to turn to crying and hating myself when things went wrong. I have diabetes so sometimes I get foggy brain and people use this as an excuse to abuse me at work and even my family call me dumb. Also being severely overweight did not help. Also I'm quite ugly due to non symmetrical face. I decided to CTB by setting a date and then decided before I do I would have some fun at other expense. I will write it up in it's own thread but funnily the world stopped spinning me around and I felt in control for the first time in my early 20s.

The abuse didn't stop - everytime I started a new job people would dig in on days I felt weak and had foggy brain but I would always learn how to control the situation. In capitalist vocabulary I became a price setter and not a price taker.

you sound like me when I was 20 - no control, no grip and feeling like you are being carried by the river rather than being in control and heading where you want to head to. I always set some ridiculous flag in the ground to have something to work to - your idea of buying a van is cool but I don't think it answers the fundamental question of: are you in control?