TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I have suspected I had aspergers or autism for over a year but I am 25 so it´s pretty late to discover it although now that I have been officially diagnosed with aspergers a lot of things seems to make better sense.

Reactions: sammii
alexithymia

alexithymia

Student
Sep 18, 2019
What sorts of things make more sense to you?

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
What sorts of things make more sense to you?
Stuff like my hyper sensitivity I can´t stand the wrong consistency of air in a room so I will air out my room all the time because I can´t stand the feeling of the air in a closed room on my face it´s kind of a dirty sour feeling I have felt this forever even in schools would I open windows because it´s so horrible with 20+ students in a small room it the air in that room will feel so uncomfortable and disgusting on my skin mainly my face and it was worse when eating my rye bread from my lunch box in that small room because the aroma from the rye bread would feel extra sour/acidic and it feels so uncomfortable and disgusting on my face it´s sounds weird if you don´t know what I mean.

And also my eyes are very sensitive to light so even on a grey autumn day where you can´t see the sun I would get a sharp pain behind my eyelids if I look near the sky, also when touching soft things or even surfaces it feels very uncomfortable to me and I can´t stand S sounds which I nearly cringe myself to death in 1st grade because we had to say the alphabet like AAAAAAA BBBBB CCCCC and when it came to SSSSSSSSS it was just horrible I can´t explain how uncomfortable that feels.
there are a lot of other things but these are just some of the hyper sensitivy quirks I have had all my life that seemed weird or different to others.

Last edited:
sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
I was diagnosed when I was 25 too! I'm the same with light btw, I get migraines soooo fast. I get migraines when it's too warm too, and too cold, and when there's multiple people talking in one room. Soft things don't bother me, except silk for some reason, that feeling makes me super uncomfortable. And I can't wear jeans omg, they're so rough they feel like sandpaper :pfff: do u have any special interests?

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I was diagnosed when I was 25 too! I'm the same with light btw, I get migraines soooo fast. I get migraines when it's too warm too, and too cold, and when there's multiple people talking in one room. Soft things don't bother me, except silk for some reason, that feeling makes me super uncomfortable. And I can't wear jeans omg, they're so rough they feel like sandpaper :pfff: do u have any special interests?
I don´t get migranes or headaches and it´s extremely rare I get a headache maybe a short period every few years.

I don´t have any special interest but I do have obessions, apparently I am extremely high functioning in some areas like the psychiatrist said when I talked about my past hobbies/obessesion is that when I get into a hobby I give it 140%.
I will not abstract from that hobby I will indulge fully in it spending weeks or even months learning everything there is to learn or enjoy about that hobby, some of the interests/obessions I can mention is when I was Emo/Goth I went all the way if you saw a picture of me back then you would see someone fully committed to it which I was and I even stood out among other Emo´s, Goth´s, Punks, alternatives etc.

Also when I smoked weed as a teenager it was my whole life I started dressing street (baggy clothes) I would smoke all the time and at one point I would only watch videos, movies and episodes if it had something to do with Cannabis even when watching South Park, Simpsons, American dad I would only watch the stoner episodes, I would also watch how to grow videos and dreaming about one day living in my own house growing weed.

And with bodybuilding when I started that it was basically the same way I would obsess over it working out 6-7 days a week, eat after a meal plan to get enough calories and protein, watching a lot of bodybuilding videos on YouTube and reading a ton especially when I read about steroids I could read about it all day for weeks even months to learn everything about it.

• Love
sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
I don´t get migranes or headaches and it´s extremely rare I get a headache maybe a short period every few years.

I don´t have any special interest but I do have obessions, apparently I am extremely high functioning in some areas like the psychiatrist said when I talked about my past hobbies/obessesion is that when I get into a hobby I give it 140%.
I will not abstract from that hobby I will indulge fully in it spending weeks or even months learning everything there is to learn or enjoy about that hobby, some of the interests/obessions I can mention is when I was Emo/Goth I went all the way if you saw a picture of me back then you would see someone fully committed to it which I was and I even stood out among other Emo´s, Goth´s, Punks, alternatives etc.

Also when I smoked weed as a teenager it was my whole life I started dressing street (baggy clothes) I would smoke all the time and at one point I would only watch videos, movies and episodes if it had something to do with Cannabis even when watching South Park, Simpsons, American dad I would only watch the stoner episodes, I would also watch how to grow videos and dreaming about one day living in my own house growing weed.

And with bodybuilding when I started that it was basically the same way I would obsess over it working out 6-7 days a week, eat after a meal plan to get enough calories and protein, watching a lot of bodybuilding videos on YouTube and reading a ton especially when I read about steroids I could read about it all day for weeks even months to learn everything about it.
When I was younger I dressed super alternative too! I ended up getting loads of piercings cause I befriended a guy who gave me discounts on all of them :pfff: most of them have closed up now though. It's cool that you had.a weed obsession, weed is awesome, I totally get that one. Do u still smoke at all or did u give it up completely?

It's awesome that you've had such varied hobbies! I've been super into true crime recently, pretty much all I've been watching are true crime and serial killer documentaries. Your hobbies are clearly a lot nicer than mine :pfff: mine's a bit fucked up

• Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
When I was younger I dressed super alternative too! I ended up getting loads of piercings cause I befriended a guy who gave me discounts on all of them :pfff: most of them have closed up now though. It's cool that you had.a weed obsession, weed is awesome, I totally get that one. Do u still smoke at all or did u give it up completely?

It's awesome that you've had such varied hobbies! I've been super into true crime recently, pretty much all I've been watching are true crime and serial killer documentaries. Your hobbies are clearly a lot nicer than mine :pfff: mine's a bit fucked up
I had snakebite piercings too and I remember being told by adults that I would regret it one day to hole those holes from the piercings, but nope I like them I think it looks adorable that I have the scars (holes) and a reminder thos exciting times actually happened.

I stopped smoking several years ago and tried it again after 4 years break and then again a year after but nowadays I only get anxiety from it :(

I have other interests too that isn´t nice but I am not going to talk about them openly here where everyone can see.

• Love
sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
I had snakebite piercings too and I remember being told by adults that I would regret it one day to hole those holes from the piercings, but nope I like them I think it looks adorable that I have the scars (holes) and a reminder thos exciting times actually happened.

I stopped smoking several years ago and tried it again after 4 years break and then again a year after but nowadays I only get anxiety from it :(

I have other interests too that isn´t nice but I am not going to talk about them openly here where everyone can see.
I knew a couple of people who had snakebites, that's awesome :)) the scars don't bother me either, I forget they're even there sometimes. I had my lip pierced 3 times, my tongue, my septum, and a bunch of different ear piercings. The only ones that haven't closed up are my first ear piercings and one of my lip piercings because those were the first ones I got, I think I was like 14 or 15 haha

I also pierced my own hand one time, me and my friends grew up watching jackass and we used to film ourselves doing dumb stuff :pfff: I wore a safety pin in it for like a month and my mum never noticed, A+ parenting lmao

It sucks that you can't smoke any more, it usually tends to help my anxiety a bit, everyone's different though. And dw about it, I totally understand not wanting to share some of ur interests, it's all good.

• Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I knew a couple of people who had snakebites, that's awesome :)) the scars don't bother me either, I forget they're even there sometimes. I had my lip pierced 3 times, my tongue, my septum, and a bunch of different ear piercings. The only ones that haven't closed up are my first ear piercings and one of my lip piercings because those were the first ones I got, I think I was like 14 or 15 haha

I also pierced my own hand one time, me and my friends grew up watching jackass and we used to film ourselves doing dumb stuff :pfff: I wore a safety pin in it for like a month and my mum never noticed, A+ parenting lmao

It sucks that you can't smoke any more, it usually tends to help my anxiety a bit, everyone's different though. And dw about it, I totally understand not wanting to share some of ur interests, it's all good.
Love this! You totally describe my youth, I got my snakebite piercings at 15 too and I remember Jackass being the coolest thing ever when I was a kid, ironnically I just looked it up for nostalgia a couple weeks ago and started binge watching Steve-o´s youtube channel it is so cool because all his stories has footage to show what he is talking about since he always filmed everything even outside of Jackass. So after binging his channel I watched the first Jackass movie for nostalgia and it´s weird to think how teenagers today probably think that is some old people shit.

Weed didn´t use to give me anxiety it relaxed me I didn´t have anxiety as a teenager so that is probably why I get anxiety from it now but I get anxiety from all drugs now even cigarettes. I really had so many good times smoking weed with my friends it was so exciting and so much fun god I miss those carefree times especially on a sunny autumn day like today.

• Love
sammii

sammii

Oct 9, 2019
Love this! You totally describe my youth, I got my snakebite piercings at 15 too and I remember Jackass being the coolest thing ever when I was a kid, ironnically I just looked it up for nostalgia a couple weeks ago and started binge watching Steve-o´s youtube channel it is so cool because all his stories has footage to show what he is talking about since he always filmed everything even outside of Jackass. So after binging his channel I watched the first Jackass movie for nostalgia and it´s weird to think how teenagers today probably think that is some old people shit.

Weed didn´t use to give me anxiety it relaxed me I didn´t have anxiety as a teenager so that is probably why I get anxiety from it now but I get anxiety from all drugs now even cigarettes. I really had so many good times smoking weed with my friends it was so exciting and so much fun god I miss those carefree times especially on a sunny autumn day like today.
I love Steve O's youtube channel! Him and his dog are so adorable together, he's living his best life. You should watch his standup if you haven't seen it, he's really funny. I haven't seen the first movie in so long omg, they were all babies :pfff: the 2nd movies always been my favourite, I dunno why I've just always loved it.

Yeah I'm old af (28) I genuinely have no idea what teenagers are into these days. I can guarantee it's not as fun as when we were kids tho :wink:

Aaww that's a shame, are you on any medication for your anxiety? I take venlafaxine, it takes away all the physical anxiety symptoms. If you're not taking anything, maybe that would help? :))

• Love
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I love Steve O's youtube channel! Him and his dog are so adorable together, he's living his best life. You should watch his standup if you haven't seen it, he's really funny. I haven't seen the first movie in so long omg, they were all babies :pfff: the 2nd movies always been my favourite, I dunno why I've just always loved it.

Yeah I'm old af (28) I genuinely have no idea what teenagers are into these days. I can guarantee it's not as fun as when we were kids tho :wink:

Aaww that's a shame, are you on any medication for your anxiety? I take venlafaxine, it takes away all the physical anxiety symptoms. If you're not taking anything, maybe that would help? :))
Yeah Steve-O seems to be such a good human being the way he helped all those dogs in Peru and he still seems like his younger self with his jackass personality but also caring, he also have a second youtube channel but you probably know that.

And I bet kids and teenagers don´t have it as good as we did back in the 90´s/early 00´s it was the perfect balance of technology and imagination nowadays it´s all about technology even kids as young as 5 years old have smartphones I even saw a 6 year old girl take a selfie a couple months ago I mean wtf? Just the way kids today are dressed they look like mini versions of adults in fancy clothes and stylish haircuts when I was a child I had patches on the knees of all my pants because I ripped them while playing outside, we were outside playing all the time till the lights came on, we climbed trees, build caves/forts in the windbreaks at the school football field, fighted with sticks I never see children anymore doing anything like this they all just sit with a phone or ipad stuck in their face.

I feel we got to experience the last good childhood before tehcnology took over and it´s not just an arrogance to the 90´s and early 00´s I am sure people in the 80´s had an amazing childhood too they also had their own consoles to play video games on, many amazing cartoons and toys.

I am not on any medication since I can´t swallow pills but my psychiatrist is certain that after some training with my eating phobia I will be able to swallow pills but even then I will refuse because I legally own guns and if I get on meds I can´t own guns.

• Love
G

greenlight

Oct 22, 2019
How did you manage to get diagnosed? I have all the clues that I am autistic, but I don't want to bother getting diagnosed, neither do I find it comfortable to ask my gp about it

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
How did you manage to get diagnosed? I have all the clues that I am autistic, but I don't want to bother getting diagnosed, neither do I find it comfortable to ask my gp about it
Sorry didn´t see your post before now.

I first went to the doctor who contacted a clinic for people with eating disorders who suspected that it might be an autistic trait that I have a hard time swallowing food and they refered me to a psychiatrist where I was at two appointments around 3 hours total and had to fill out a long skema at home and my parents were in at some point to answer important stuff from childhood and even back to the first weeks after being born since asperger and autism can be seen all the way back to being born.