P

PurpleMonkey

May 3, 2018
[Not exactly an intellectual or practical thread. Mode can move or delete as they seem fit]

So now I'm pretty deadset on this (no pun intended). There's really no progression for me from here and I've come to the conclusion that I'll be incapable of taking care of my family anyways so the "selfishness" angle is out the window.

Forgetting about debt, I have $23K CAD in the bank which is roughly $17K USD. I live in Montreal, have a valid driver's license (albeit no car), and will be eventually renewing my passport. I would love to travel literally any-freaking-where, splurge, lose my virginity (at the tender age of 31), and then arrive back to hang myself with my 2-inch nylon rope that I bought years back.

Sincere advice: where should that cash be spent? American trip is too ordinary (no offense) and I'd rather be somewhere totally out of my element. Europe is way too freaking expensive so I was thinking South America like Columbia would be chill but the language barrier would be ridiculous. My best bet is on the Philippines because 1) English is a predominant second language and 2) it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Thailand. Then again, I've also heard that it can be a rough place so I don't necessarily want my last two or so weeks on Earth to be unpleasant.

I just want to be excited about something. The idea of spending my last days inert just irks. Shitty existence or not, I want to milk whatever worth I have and experience wonders to the best of my capabilities.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to where to travel or how to spend my cash before I go?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, LifeHasNoOptIn, Finding Sirius and 8 others
notlongnow

notlongnow

Student
Aug 16, 2022
Get yourself to Asia. The money will go far and the hookers are cheap. Indonesia and Vietnam should be high on the priority list.

Reactions: Finding Sirius, lex, FrootyBat and 1 other person
P

PurpleMonkey

May 3, 2018
Get yourself to Asia. The money will go far and the hookers are cheap. Indonesia and Vietnam should be high on the priority list.
Forgot about Vietnam! I've heard incredible things about their river markets, but again, I'm hoping that the language barrier wouldn't be too detrimental. Would Indonesia be better in terms of communication?

notlongnow

notlongnow

Student
Aug 16, 2022
Having been to both and i only speak English I can tell you I never had an issue with the language barrier in both locations. These are very well trodden paths for western travellers so worry not.

Vietnam is truly a stunning country, i couldn't recommend it enough. Beach life and tropical vibes, Indo is your spot. Bali is fun.

I wish you well on your quest!

• Love
Reactions: Euthanza, Finding Sirius, lionetta12 and 1 other person
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
10k is enough for a year of pretty lavish living in Bali, there are so many great options to explore; but Thailand you can enjoy weed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer, Finding Sirius, 710 and 3 others
CemetryGates

CemetryGates

𝔅𝔢𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔰
Apr 10, 2022
f95c6cbf-264f-4424-a1f3-04a423adc183_text.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: Funeralprincess, Finding Sirius, PurpleMonkey and 5 others
again_noidea

again_noidea

Experienced
Apr 22, 2021
it always astonishes me that people can enjoy anything after they decided to ctb. for me nothing brings any joy because i know that life is finished for me, this thought makes everything feel like cheap plastic toys designed for retarded children.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jonbonesjones, akana, Celerity and 7 others
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
[Not exactly an intellectual or practical thread. Mode can move or delete as they seem fit]

So now I'm pretty deadset on this (no pun intended). There's really no progression for me from here and I've come to the conclusion that I'll be incapable of taking care of my family anyways so the "selfishness" angle is out the window.

Forgetting about debt, I have $23K CAD in the bank which is roughly $17K USD. I live in Montreal, have a valid driver's license (albeit no car), and will be eventually renewing my passport. I would love to travel literally any-freaking-where, splurge, lose my virginity (at the tender age of 31), and then arrive back to hang myself with my 2-inch nylon rope that I bought years back.

Sincere advice: where should that cash be spent? American trip is too ordinary (no offense) and I'd rather be somewhere totally out of my element. Europe is way too freaking expensive so I was thinking South America like Columbia would be chill but the language barrier would be ridiculous. My best bet is on the Philippines because 1) English is a predominant second language and 2) it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Thailand. Then again, I've also heard that it can be a rough place so I don't necessarily want my last two or so weeks on Earth to be unpleasant.

I just want to be excited about something. The idea of spending my last days inert just irks. Shitty existence or not, I want to milk whatever worth I have and experience wonders to the best of my capabilities.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to where to travel or how to spend my cash before I go?
Yes! Raise Goliath Beetles! The larvae need to be nurtured for several years. You would need to study how this is done and talk to other breeders on forums & get tips & gear from various websites. Imagine having your own giant beetle that you raised from a baby! They come in several colors & shapes & are huge! Bigger that your hand! I think they eat algae or some nonsense... No, seriously, life if tough. I feel for everyone on here who has lost all hope. This place sux ballz! I lost my son & a few relatives (2 to CTB) & the pain & struggle of making it through day to day has been hard. However, I do advise to not give up. Stateside is as worse as other places with housing, money, & other problems. Me personally I wank a lot & play video games. On the plus side its raining & all the Bufo-toads (dmt smoking frogs) came out & last week I saw 2 rattlesnakes in my river. I dont smoke frog venom but I love to hold them & ask them how their day is going. Of course they are trying to make babies & now an idiot with a flashlight has chased them through the Bush & started a conversation with them but they are a very interesting animal. I hear Mike Tyson smokes dmt venom? My point is that the little things can add up & make it worth staying. IMO we are "still here" cuz we have "more to learn" but I knlw that doesn't always go over well here LOL. I'm not trying to be a tease. I'm just saying I wish everyone here the best no matter what they chose. Have you tried starting a commune or investing in "Oil Fracking"? Maybe being a tycoon could give you purpose? Cheers!

• Yay!
Reactions: pizzafiend and Euthanza
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Of couirse you may want to consider that if you are part of human trafficking this may not be the best way to spend your last days- I hope you will be able to seduce a girl into sex rather than to pay for it, this would be a much better experience.

• Love
Reactions: swanlake and houseofleaves
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Why not use the money to purchase a peaceful method instead of hanging?

Reactions: Sunset Limited and Celerity
P

PurpleMonkey

May 3, 2018
it always astonishes me that people can enjoy anything after they decided to ctb. for me nothing brings any joy because i know that life is finished for me, this thought makes everything feel like cheap plastic toys designed for retarded children.
All ctb is different. For me, I can still extract happiness out of many (mainly superficial and finite) areas; it's just that my current predicament prevents me from obtaining that happiness. I hate to say that money could buy me happiness but it totally can. This isn't a case of depression; it's a case of frustration and hopelessness.
Of couirse you may want to consider that if you are part of human trafficking this may not be the best way to spend your last days- I hope you will be able to seduce a girl into sex rather than to pay for it, this would be a much better experience.
I mean, a grown adult in her own native country is not my definition of traffic. There's the issue of her being pushed or pimped, which sucks, but in developing countries, a lot of young women can't necessarily drop their resume off at Walmart. It's morally ambiguous but not all Johns are perverts; most are just desperate and lonely - like me :p

Why not use the money to purchase a peaceful method instead of hanging?
Hanging, if you go by the chart, is quite peaceful. I hear horror stories about N or botched gunshots. If you have enough slack, the worst outcome of a good hanging is a decapitation, in which case we still get an instant death.

Reactions: Euthanza and 710
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I'd suggest to take a look at Nitrogen.

Hanging isn't really peaceful, if it was, it would appear in the PPeH as such.

Last edited:
Reactions: Euthanza
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
Idk if I can make it or not but I wish to explore Northern America and eventually end in Mexico to buy N? That will be ideal. Never been there before, never touch real snow nor watch aurora borealis except in photos/videos only. Stargazing and think that my time will come.