PlasticFace

PlasticFace

My story is in my about me, if you'd like to know.
Feb 16, 2023
I haven't been able to work for a little over a year now because of my disabilities. I worked remotely for a while, doing accounting, but it got difficult to read small print and type the correct numbers so I had to quit.

Last month I found a job that looked interesting but I didn't think I'd live long enough to need anymore money so I never applied. For privacys sake, I dont want to disclose what I do but it's a remote job and I can do all of my tasks comfortably and efficiently.

Today was my third day! It went well and it feels pretty good to be able to work again. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it but I'm glad I took a chance. There will be times where we have video calls and I'm unsure of how to tackle that… I'll figure it out once I get there I suppose.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: emptyshell, sadwriter, TheGoodGuy and 8 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
I'm happy for you! That's great to hear. Employment is difficult nowadays, but I'm glad you found something that worked for you. Maybe spending time in some sort of voice chat could help you prep for those video calls?

• Hugs
Reactions: theslasher and PlasticFace
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Congrats! So happy for you!

• Hugs
Reactions: PlasticFace
M

marshmallowfluff

Jan 23, 2023
Congratulations! Brilliant news. Hopefully having a job will give you a good sense of purpose. It sounds like you've enjoyed it so far, so maybe when the video calls come around it won't be too hard cos you've found something you're committed to. Well done

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I'm glad for you! Granted, jobs are very stressful and can induce lots of distress but thats just the bad side, theres also the good side where you can make friends and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! I hope you have a swift recovery and I hope everything at your job goes well! I send you my best regards.

By the way, for video calls, it isn't that much of a big deal. Soon enough, you'll get used to them. The first few video calls will be bothersome because of all the stress that will possibly be caused by them but after a while, you'll get used to it.