Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Trigger warning I guess, if you like being pissed off read on. At least it annoyed me.
-
-
-

Screenshot 125

Reasons for Suicidal Ideation:
1,2,3,4 : To get attention, revenge or a reaction from others.
5: To end or stop the pain
6: Does not apply (no reason)

This is seriously in their suicidal severity appraisal format?
It goes so far to show that people have no understanding of suicidal people and their motivations at all. It's mostly clumped into getting attention, a reaction or revenge (um, we'll be dead??), in 4 of the options, one option to ctb for no reason, and then the very last one is to stop the pain of living.

Obviously suicidal people just want peace from living. This part of the form is disgustingly laid out.
Oh I meant to post this in regular suicide discussion. Nevermind, it's fine here. It's just infuriating to read, anyway. I wonder what sort of training suicide therapists get, anyhow.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: wastingtime, Alayna, Disappointered and 7 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Don't be surprised
People talk nonsense about ctb and, in general, mental illness.

Reactions: WonderingSoul, ClownMe and Skathon
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
lol, they should have just said "on a scale of one to ten, how full of shit are you?" Think how much space they could have saved.

• Yay!
Reactions: GasMonkey, CowsAreCool, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and 5 others
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Seems like not even professionals get us (I know, shocker). I'm failing to see how one could reap the benefits of "attention and revenge" if they're dead. Even attempting suicide but failing lands one in a hospital, being forced to take a bunch of medications they don't even need to be on. Yes, I guess that's "attention" but is that even desirable? I mean, I suppose for some suicide is a cry for help, though labeling it as attention-seeking behavior is bad wording.

• Informative
Reactions: WonderingSoul, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, ClownMe and 2 others
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
It's entirely practical.

Not everyone who expresses suicidal ideation actually does it.

People do mention or even attempt suicide in order to get revenge/reaction from others, and certainly some have expressed as much in therapy sessions., so they aren't just pulling that option out of their ass.

Reactions: lachrymost and BruhXDDDDD
BruhXDDDDD

BruhXDDDDD

Student
Feb 18, 2022
tbf a good chunk of my reasoning was to get a certain reaction. perhaps could have been less offensive by listing those options last rather than first, though

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
It's entirely practical.

Not everyone who expresses suicidal ideation actually does it.

People do mention or even attempt suicide in order to get revenge/reaction from others, and certainly some have expressed as much in therapy sessions., so they aren't just pulling that option out of their ass.
Apparently so practical they devote 66% (80% if you discount "does not apply") of the options to it.

I'm fairly certain >20% of people don't want to ctb just to get a reaction out of someone.

Reactions: Disappointered and Hirokami