anonymousfoxxo

anonymousfoxxo

Stray Fox
Nov 9, 2023
This is not a CTB thread, not for now. I am just going to go to sleep, and hopefully have some rest. But given I spend some time here, I just wanted to share with you a few things that helps me ease the pain at night.

1) Pink Noise. It is kind of like rain, and it helps a lot, considering it gets rid of both my tinnitus and my highway of thoughts. Set this to a comfortable volume near your head and go to sleep. It usually helps me.
2) This sleep sound video. Kinda the same purpose as the other one, but this guides your breathing. It's usually not very effective for me personally, however the sound is usually good enough to calm my mind in a few mins, if I focus on it and then I can sleep.
3) Try and cuddle pillows, and plushies. Might sound embarrassing coming from someone my age, but trust me, It helps with comfort. They are the best listeners. They are always there to hug you, they know your pain, hold your tears. So don't worry what anyone might think of it. Trust me on this one.

I am interested in hearing what you all use for a better sleep too. And in the end I just want to wish you a goodnight.

I don't know you, but I love you all.

Best Wishes,

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, movinout17 and Mirrory Me
jinx <3

jinx <3

💮she/her🏳️‍⚧️
Apr 12, 2023
Thank you for sharing this, I personally have some things I do to allow myself to sleep reasonably well.

First, I have a routine that I've fallen into which is nearly 30 minutes long total, so I ensure that I'm not doing anything else before I try and go to sleep. I never use my phone or anything like that either for the same reason.

Second, I've always used white noise from a fan (I've never slept well without it) but I'll give pink noise a try. Anything to dampen outside noise and so on.

Third, I set like twenty alarms because I get anxious that I'll sleep too late and miss something. This takes away that anxiety as it ensures you'll wake up on time without having to rely on just one alarm (or your own circadian rhythm as I used to do).

Fourth, I keep everything I'll need in arms reach, because you may try to use the excuse of getting up to get something to stay up much later. Mostly a me thing, but I'm sure others have this problem.

Fifth, the knowledge that it's okay to not be able to fall asleep. Sometimes you just need to go on a midnight walk and that's okay, don't hate yourself for insomnia.

I can't think of anything else that I do to aid in sleep, so I will wish you all goodnight as well <3.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and anonymousfoxxo
BackpackBones

BackpackBones

Nov 1, 2023
My best strat for sleeping so far involves first and foremost detoxing from all devices for about an hour. (Bonus points if you get the chance to go on a midnight run or weight lifting sesh). Next I love hoping in the shower and turning off all the lights.

I had someone very close to me recommend the experience, and I can say it definitely works.

After coming out of the shower, I find myself far more comfortable and tired. From there I promptly brush my teeth and hit the bed :)

• Love
higherthanthesun

higherthanthesun

Dead
Nov 9, 2023
I listen to air conditioning noises on Spotify, similar to pink noise :)

• Love