TuttiFrutti

TuttiFrutti

Goodbye!
Jul 7, 2023
Apparently euthanasia for mentally ill individuals is gonna be legal in my country soon so… Pray for me y'all. Last year they postponed it so i hope they won't do it again or worse, decide to not make it legal at all.

It would just be nice to go painlessly, talk to my family about it so they feel more at peace with it or something… Without them really being able to stop me or call an ambulance on me.

And if it does become legal the only thing I'd be worried about is the mental health system abusing me yet again even though I'd be eligible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: butterfly000, Forever Sleep, leavingthesoultrap and 4 others
caninecomposer

caninecomposer

Unappreciated artist
Dec 18, 2023
That's so cool, I'm glad progress is potentially being made in at least one place in this world.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, TuttiFrutti and Imprisoned
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Is this in Canada?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, TuttiFrutti and Imprisoned
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Oblivion
Jan 10, 2024
Is this in Canada?
It sounds like it. I also live in Canada so this is pretty exciting news to me too. Although I kinda want to do it ASAP lol. With MAID, there's a 90 day waiting period between the assessment or whatever and the day you can ctb. Still, it might be worth waiting for if only because of its peacefulness and guaranteed reliability i.e. no vegetative state. It's kinda hard to know if I or the OP would qualify. I really hope so.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, TuttiFrutti and divinemistress36
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wish you all the best that euthanasia in your country will accept any kind of MH illness.

Reactions: TuttiFrutti and Imprisoned
that_guy2611

that_guy2611

Student
Mar 17, 2018
I assume it's only for citizens of your country, right ?

Reactions: TuttiFrutti
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Great news. Hoping Scottish govermemt will fight the UK and we can get it too.
there should be dignity in dying for all.
Might have to live there for a period of time.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those who can access legalised assisted suicide really are so incredibly fortunate to me, I envy them as it's not even available at all where I live. But anyway I hope that you eventually find the peace you search for, best of luck.

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36, TuttiFrutti and mortuarymary
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I hope you do get your wish. I really think mental illness should be re-assesed in general. Not everyone can be helped. Not everyone wants to go through a bunch of experiments to find out! It seems so cruel to just ignore people who are obviously suffering.

Personally, I'd like it if all competent adults got the choice but, that feels pretty unrealistic- so we have to accept what little we're given for now.

Sadistic really- if and when assisted suicide does become legalised in more countries, it's likely going to see some of us actually wanting to contract something horrible so we can use it. How messed up is that?

TuttiFrutti

TuttiFrutti

Goodbye!
Jul 7, 2023
You do at least need to be eligible to enroll in Canada's healthcare system, so you'd need to be a citizen, a permanent resident or have a work permit.