35alcoholics

35alcoholics

ratman
Jul 3, 2023
I'm aware this forum is meant to talk about depression and suicide and what not, but I also want to know if this has happened to anyone else. (I'm sure it has and I'd like to hear others about the topic) Last week I tried to kill myself, Thursday. The following Sunday after I failed I went to a concert I paid for a couple months ago. For the bit I was at the concert, and the only time in the past years I felt that i did not want to kill myself. And for that moment, I was happy that I was not dead. And it was insanely euphoric, almost as if I were high the entire time. I went to sleep happy and I didnt think about suicide until the next day, and that leads me to ask two questions- How could I feel like that more often and what are y'all's thoughts/stories of that happening?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MeltingBrain, aetherless, SenseOfLoss and 6 others
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Do you think it was because you felt a sense of community and sharing an experience with other people, do you spend much time alone/closed off?

Reactions: wait.what and LonelyKitten
35alcoholics

35alcoholics

ratman
Jul 3, 2023
Do you think it was because you felt a sense of community and sharing an experience with other people, do you spend much time alone/closed off?
Sort of, mainly because my illnesses though and I can't control those things yk?

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Reactions: 35alcoholics
catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
I really can't know your feelings as well as you but maybe you were focusing much in suicidal thoughts that made you feel that you can't enjoy anything else? And when you failed your attempt you decided to go to a concert and that brought you alive again?
I can't tell you what you need but maybe doing activities that makes you concentrate only of the activity itself and nothing more can bring you happiness.
I'm sorry if you missunderstood me, i don't speak english but i try to be as much as understandable possible.
I hope it helps you. I wish you luck in whatever you want to do.

Rares

Rares

Apr 2, 2023
I feel the same honestly. I put myself around other people to feel better, and to forget about this sort of stuff.
this weekend though a close friend of mine was beaten by their mother with an empty liquor bottle and left the country to be with their father. They were my closest friend and ever since theyve left I really dont enjoy spending time with other people knowing that I cant spend time with them
sorry for babbling on about myself
being outgoing helps I suppose

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
It might be useful to write down anything you've been doing differently recently, even if it seems trivial. For example, I often feel better if I follow a diet designed to minimize inflammation. It's not usually known to improve mood disorders, and I wouldn't know it helped if I hadn't been watching for any changes, good or bad.

In your case, I think becoming less isolated is an avenue worth exploring, even if you have to be slow & cautious about it in order to avoid getting overwhelmed.

A

aetherless

Aug 27, 2023
I'm aware this forum is meant to talk about depression and suicide and what not, but I also want to know if this has happened to anyone else. (I'm sure it has and I'd like to hear others about the topic) Last week I tried to kill myself, Thursday. The following Sunday after I failed I went to a concert I paid for a couple months ago. For the bit I was at the concert, and the only time in the past years I felt that i did not want to kill myself. And for that moment, I was happy that I was not dead. And it was insanely euphoric, almost as if I were high the entire time. I went to sleep happy and I didnt think about suicide until the next day, and that leads me to ask two questions- How could I feel like that more often and what are y'all's thoughts/stories of that happening?
This happened last night for a brief moment. I wish it lasted forever. My friend invited me over for dinner on her rooftop and smoking a joint and watching the city skyline with music was definitely euphoric. It was bittersweet and short... I wish that feeling lasted.